BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bacon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subway is a big rip off anyway. Nip into a local cafe and you'll be able to get a bacon butty, 1.) it will be cheaper than Subway, 2.) it will taste an whole lot better. Problem solved!

Although I do agree everything is going slightly ridiculous nowadays, I remember reading an article about piggy banks being taken out of circulation a while back because they are seen as offensive. Crazy.

Subway is a big rip off anyway. Nip into a local cafe and you'll be able to get a bacon butty, 1.) it will be cheaper than Subway, 2.) it will taste an whole lot better. Problem solved!

Although I do agree everything is going slightly ridiculous nowadays, I remember reading an article about piggy banks being taken out of circulation a while back because they are seen as offensive. Crazy.

Maybe the same people who find pigs offensive are really feeling threatened by them, they are after all considered as being very inteligent creatures, and above all one of gods creatures!

I agree on the price but Subways are gorgeous.

This is appaling news absolutley shocking! I dont even like Subway but I would be seriously annoyed if my local branch stopped serving bacon. This is England for gods sake and we love bacon! What ever will the PC crew campaign for next.

Its the equivalent of having a vegetarian only branch of Subway or one that just sold meat, its absolutley crazy. Surely if you dont want to eat bacon you just dont order it!

Feel free to flame, brand racist ect ect....

The most worrying thing in this thread is how people are desperate for conformity. Every Subway, and I guess this is some sort of sandwich shop chain, is expected to be the same. JHC how bland can you get? Live a little, make your sandwiches.

This is appaling news absolutley shocking! I dont even like Subway but I would be seriously annoyed if my local branch stopped serving bacon. This is England for gods sake and we love bacon! What ever will the PC crew campaign for next.

Its the equivalent of having a vegetarian only branch of Subway or one that just sold meat, its absolutley crazy. Surely if you dont want to eat bacon you just dont order it!

A vegetarian sandwich shop??? Over my dead body! LOL

And the award for the most pathtically vexed board member goes to......

This needs to go in the hall of fame! Everybody who has posted in "disgust" sounds like they are joking. This cannot be taken seriously. The media has a lot to answer for. To quote Homer "Gay Mexican immigrants are flooding into America and turning the life support machines of vegetables off"!

It's that ridiculous! It's a sandwich shop that has decided to become Halal due to it's demographic. Who wants to come with me to protest outside a kebab shop because they won't make me a BLT pitta??

I'm not going to flame or brand you anything. I would like you to explain how a franchise holder not serving bacon to please the majority of his customers thus maximising his profits is anything to do with political correctness?

I await with interest.

I'm not going to flame or brand you anything. I would like you to explain how a franchise holder not serving bacon to please the majority of his customers thus maximising his profits is anything to do with political correctness?

I await with interest.

The bloody "PC brigade", they are always at it!!

I would love to know where they live!!

Perhaps thy should have bought into a different franchise then if the product he/she in effect 'buying into' does not suit his customers needs and/or maximise his profits. Surely he/she must have come up with a business plan before they entered into a franchise agreement with Subway?

Perhaps thy should have bought into a different franchise then if the product he/she in effect 'buying into' does not suit his customers needs and/or maximise his profits. Surely he/she must have come up with a business plan before they entered into a franchise agreement with Subway?

Yes, and in the business plan it would have stated that this would become a Halal branch. Probably due to the nature of the customers in this area.

It's not rocket science and it's definitely not an "outrage"

Subway Halal

Yes, and in the business plan it would have stated that this would become a Halal branch. Probably due to the nature of the customers in this area.

It's not rocket science and it's definitely not an "outrage"

Subway Halal

Oh right, from my understanding the Subway in question used to sell Bacon? I would have assumed that the business plan would have included for this??

Oh right, from my understanding the Subway in question used to sell Bacon? I would have assumed that the business plan would have included for this??

Well I am sure either he "revised" his business plan or it was in his business plan when he took over the franchise. All I know is that Subway approves of these stores if they add value to the community in which they are located.

I doubt he is a renegade, there is no need. If there was no market for it it wouldn't happen. What would be the point?

Well I am sure either he "revised" his business plan or it was in his business plan when he took over the franchise. All I know is that Subway approves of these stores if they add value to the community in which they are located.

I doubt he is a renegade, there is no need. If there was no market for it it wouldn't happen. What would be the point?

Exactly, by encouraging these types of acts as you put it "adds value to the community" surley it is just encouraging less and less integration within the community?

Exactly, by encouraging these types of acts as you put it "adds value to the community" surley it is just encouraging less and less integration within the community?

Make them eat Bacon??

I don't understand. It's promoting more integration. It's a shared space. They cannot eat in a Subway that is not Halal, but you can eat in a Halal subway. Therefore the halal subway is more integrated as everybody can eat there, just they can't eat bacon!

Everybody is happy (even the pigs!)

Dopper69 - some great posts! Yes, this particular franchise did sell bacon before.

The demographics argument is the wrong angle! This is the only Subway available after 5pm, without having to park in town, is open 7 days a week and so on. The customer base is not reflected in the surrounding population!

I have an Indian Takeaway (run by Bangladesh or Pakistan origin) and they serve Halal meat. Is this reflective of 99% white area in which i live? No, we just get on with it and eat it! Same as this particular subway should sell Pork based products, if somebody does not require it then they should not eat it. The choice of not being able to have it is unfair.

Paul:

"The most worrying thing in this thread is how people are desperate for conformity. Every Subway, and I guess this is some sort of sandwich shop chain, is expected to be the same. JHC how bland can you get? Live a little, make your sandwiches"

That is kind of the point! Subway's business model (along with McDonalds) is for standardisation. It is the same everywhere you go albeit Blackburn or Belfast.

That would depend on what you consider integration to mean. If intergration means that subways everywhere are the same and that people who don't like that need to get just deal with it, then yes, but if you take integration to mean that people have taken subway, a very Western/American concept, and made it their own, then no.

I give this topic about 3 more posts before it is locked.

Paul:

"The most worrying thing in this thread is how people are desperate for conformity. Every Subway, and I guess this is some sort of sandwich shop chain, is expected to be the same. JHC how bland can you get? Live a little, make your sandwiches"

That is kind of the point! Subway's business model (along with McDonalds) is for standardisation. It is the same everywhere you go albeit Blackburn or Belfast.

No they aren't. Not all subways have the full range of bread. Not all subways have the full range of fillings. Not all subways have all possible extras. Not at all subways have the full range of sauces.

That's from having been to probably 20+ different subways in half a dozen different countries over the last few years. In some you can choose from 4 different cheeses!

PS - Paul : subways give you an incredible range of options. Half a dozen breads to chose from, maybe a 8 or 9 different main ingredients and even more extras. Some times it takes longer to order one than actually eat it.

No it isn't. I can't get the same stuff at my local Subway in Paris as you can. Nor can I get the same stuff at my local mcdonalds. They change, often drastically, from country to country and sometimes even region to region. Yes, they will still sell some sort of burger and fries, or some sort of sub, but they won't always offer the same burgers and subs. Hell, there's a mcdonalds about 150 metres from where I live that doesn't serve what my friends and I all consider to be by far the best menu offer (the golden menu), so instead of going to that one we have to travel a couple of streets to the next one. I don't throw a hissy fit about it.

That would depend on what you consider integration to mean. If intergration means that subways everywhere are the same and that people who don't like that need to get just deal with it, then yes, but if you take integration to mean that people have taken subway, a very Western/American concept, and made it their own, then no.

I give this topic about 3 more posts before it is locked.

Yes Subway is a very western concept. And suprise suprise here we are in Weston Europe arguing over the fact that a western brand is having to tolerate Eastern tastes. You wouldnt go a curry house to order a pie now would you?

No it isn't. I can't get the same stuff at my local Subway in Paris as you can. Nor can I get the same stuff at my local mcdonalds. They change, often drastically, from country to country and sometimes even region to region. Yes, they will still sell some sort of burger and fries, or some sort of sub, but they won't always offer the same burgers and subs. Hell, there's a mcdonalds about 150 metres from where I live that doesn't serve what my friends and I all consider to be by far the best menu offer (the golden menu), so instead of going to that one we have to travel a couple of streets to the next one. I don't throw a hissy fit about it.

there isnt a subway a couple of streets away ...doh...or a butty shop.....please correct me eddie if im wrong

My fault, i did not clarify my argument properly. I meant the taste! I abviously know that each Subway/Mcdonalds is different as i travelled around the world a few years back and visited over 10 countries.

They tasted the same in Bangkok, Brisbane, San Francisco as they did Nadi.

My fault, i did not clarify my argument properly. I meant the taste! I abviously know that each Subway/Mcdonalds is different as i travelled around the world a few years back and visited over 10 countries.

They tasted the same in Bangkok, Brisbane, San Francisco as they did Nadi.

Archived