BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberts Staying

Don't be daft. We are not going to come out and say- "he is availble for 2p if anyone wants him". The only viable option to increase his price is to say he is not for sale.

I am sure Jason is appreciated but we won't stand in his way if a fee meets valuation. Nor will he let us stand in his way if he decides he is going.

I would guess should anyone offer 2.5m+ and we have a replacement lined up/already signed he will be out the door. If no one offers that we might let him go for cheaper if we have better players coming and he kicks up a fuss.

Don't be daft. We are not going to come out and say- "he is availble for 2p if anyone wants him". The only viable option to increase his price is to say he is not for sale.

I am sure Jason is appreciated but we won't stand in his way if a fee meets valuation. Nor will he let us stand in his way if he decides he is going.

I would guess should anyone offer 2.5m+ and we have a replacement lined up/already signed he will be out the door. If no one offers that we might let him go for cheaper if we have better players coming and he kicks up a fuss.

i agree just because hughey says something doesnt mean its gunna stay that way... and im sure he said something along the lines that he is going part of the team next season... last season and until this last few months he hasnt soo were just guuna have to wait and see

The £2.5m banded above is nonesense. Rovers wanted £4m but Megson played games in january. Now they believe he will pay the asking price and after plaing the last 5 games, his valuation wont of dropped so £4m is the price.

Hope we sell him - but im not sure after this statement

I'm sure he'll leave.

Anything from £2m upwards will do.

The statement about him being one of our better players is baffling.

The list of Premiership-quality first reserve forwards available for £2m and sub £30k wages starts here...

Just look at todays prices – they are crazy!! £4m for Roberts Is a fair price!

Diamansy Kamara – Seville are willing to pay £5m

Stephen Ireland – Sunderland willing to pay £8m

Roberts is 30 years old which makes an enormous difference. If he was the same age as Kamara I would say he is worth 5m. Not at the moment.

If clubs want to fight it out and pay 4m then let them. And if we can't find anyone better keep him if he accepts that. But I think by far the most likely scenario is he will go for 2.5m ish once we have identified someone decent as a replacement.

Incidentally I wonder what Derbyshires future is? Clearly a great goal poacher who has versitility in the way he runs the channels. But he does seem to lack either the raw pace, strength or cleverness to be really dangerous to competant defenders. He is likely to start next season again as fourth choice up front.

Jason does have the ability to really unsettle defences with his power and strength. When he is on song he causes mistakes and is a huge distraction for the defenders now if we can just manage to pick up the scraps from that.

He's not a bad player, given support, to have in our squad. Presents us with different options. Sell only if the price is right.

Incidentally I wonder what Derbyshires future is? Clearly a great goal poacher who has versitility in the way he runs the channels. But he does seem to lack either the raw pace, strength or cleverness to be really dangerous to competant defenders. He is likely to start next season again as fourth choice up front.

This one worries me, we need to hold on to him and make sure he is nurtured well. He is a fine finisher and seems to have that natural knack, I don't think we have done him any favours playing him out wide. He needs to be coming through the middle, this lad knows where the back of the net is and those talents are not found every day.

Doesn't he have more goals than a certain Mr B. McCarthy this season from open play, in far less time on the pitch and for far less money? This young man is worth holding on to for at least a couple more seasons, assuming he's given playing time, to see how he develops.

I think the opposite.

His current reputation is far higher than his actual talent or potential. Now would be the perfect time to sell him, or at least see if there is a serious market for him. Wherever he goes he will score a reasonable number of goals, but he isn't quite good enough for a side trying to be in the top 6.

Hopefully Matty's summer operation will help in that he will no longer be playing with an injury as he has for most of this season.

:rover: surely this should have been done by now,plus 4 million for roberts would be nice bussiness :brfcsmilie:

No reason to sell him. He is a very good impact player, and given our other striking options, he is certainly at least as good as anything else we have.

Hes nothing more than that. He tends to not be in the games as much when he starts, whereas Benni tends to do better when he starts. Hes fantastic off the Bench against a tired defence and can make a real difference if Benni isnt in the game anymore.

Im not saying Roberts is a bad player but hes nowhere near the standard of McCarthy and Santa Cruz he has a role to play but not a starting one week in week out like he wants

Archived