BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hughes Looking Forward To United Test

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

At his pre-match press conference Blackburn Rovers manager Mark Hughes looked forward to the visit of Manchester United to Ewood Park "

"It is very difficult when you go up against top teams because collectively they are always very strong, but even when they are on a day when they are not firing on all cylinders you always have individuals that are able to produce things that no-one else can.

"That spark and inspiration that the top players have makes them stand out and United have five, six, seven of those players, so it makes it very difficult to be able to legislate for every single one of them."

Hughes also added that despite injuires he still hasn't given up hope of qualifying for the UEFA Cup "We have bumps and bruises and people not 100 per cent but we're not in bad shape considering we're four games from the end.

"There are guys who will put their hands up and say they are fit and well, which is always good.

"Sometimes you have to make decisions for them but I am pleased that everyone is throwing their hats into the ring and I've got a big squad to pick from.

"It's just about making sure I've got the right bodies in the right physical shape to go up against United.

"We always pride ourselves on how we prepare the players and we have come through a long, hard season. We started earlier than most playing competitive games and we have coped fairly well.

"We have got four games left. Aston Villa and Man City are in and around us - Villa have had a good run of late but have got a difficult game at the weekend, where they may slip up.

"We have got to try to do the best we can."

United Manager Alex Ferguson also praised Rovers approach this season ""Blackburn play attractive, attacking football. They have some exciting players and we have to bear that in mind". However expects his team to win and take a major step towards retaining the title.

Archived