BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover Thread

Jack Walker protected Rovers in the event of his death - we do not know if any other owner of a football club has done so. If the owners of chelsea / man u / man city / liverpool have not planned anything for their clubs in the event of their death - what would happen? They would all have debts that they cannot manage and therefore I presume fold. Only time will tell. For Jack Walker, Rovers was a love. For the other owners it is just a business.

I'd think the big clubs could be picked up by someone willing to take on their debts - City would be the only one with problems. Liverpool and Utd have the worldwide following, merchandising, etc and Chelsea have some good land holdings.

Have always said that the worst the Glazers will end up is break-even from the whole thing. If they really wanted to they could sell off the Bucs and pay off most of the debt.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Nicko or someone higher up can clarify some points for me:

1.) If Jack was still alive and he knew he could not afford to keep up the day to day things of running the football club would he have asked as much as what the trustees are asking to sell the club?

2.) If Jack was still alive if he was unable to sell his beloved club would he have left the club high and dry with no investment surely he would have realised the club would be a less attractive proposition if no money was being pumped into the club?

3.) Why is Jack's will being kept such a guarded secret surely he would have had a value in his mind beforehand of how much the club is worth?

to me it seems there are a lot of answered questions and someone from inside the club needs to come out and clarify the points.

Why?

btw 'Maybe Nicko or someone higher up can clarify some points for me:' How touching. :rolleyes:

Why must you persist in suggesting that the goings on within the club have nothing to do with the supporters?

Well it's a business so PR is important to a degree but let me turn that around. You are a supporter so what influence do you believe that you have Degsy?

• 3 months later...

I don't know whether I heard correctly last night (whilst watching the City game), but the commentator on French TV said (I think) that the prime minister of greenland (Kuupik Kleist) was a share holder in BRFC. This was said as he was pointed out in the crowed by the camera man.

Coincidently he looked a little bit like Uncle Jack. Did anybody else see or hear a similar image/comment on sky last night? Can anybody deny or confirm that he is indeed a stakeholder? If the latter is true why does he have money in the rovers and how much???

I don't know whether I heard correctly last night (whilst watching the City game), but the commentator on French TV said (I think) that the prime minister of greenland (Kuupik Kleist) was a share holder in BRFC. This was said as he was pointed out in the crowed by the camera man.

Coincidently he looked a little bit like Uncle Jack. Did anybody else see or hear a similar image/comment on sky last night? Can anybody deny or confirm that he is indeed a stakeholder? If the latter is true why does he have money in the rovers and how much???

Taken from his wiki page:

"While the self-rule agreement has been referred to a step towards eventual full independence from Denmark, Kleist's administration is expected to put "any push for independence [...] on the backburner", given his pledge to focus on social issues such as alcoholism, domestic violence and a high suicide rate."

Perhaps someone got a bit mixed up and thought he was Blackburner.

Although his policital stance would probably be appropriate around Ewood at the moment.

Taken from his wiki page:

"While the self-rule agreement has been referred to a step towards eventual full independence from Denmark, Kleist's administration is expected to put "any push for independence [...] on the backburner", given his pledge to focus on social issues such as alcoholism, domestic violence and a high suicide rate."

Perhaps someone got a bit mixed up and thought he was Blackburner.

Although his policital stance would probably be appropriate around Ewood at the moment.

Lol!! :lol: if that's the case the commentator really got his wired crosses wires crossed!!!

Never heard this before but even if it is true it will have no significance.

Jack bought the vast majority of our shares off existing shareholders. However most small shareholders would still have kept a nominal share or two to enable them to attend shareholders meetings I would imagine.

1864 is right.

My recollection is that something around £1m in issued shares existed when Jack arrived. He persuaded the Board to increase the share capital and he subscribed to £25m diluting the existing shares from 100% to about 3%. So the existing shareholders had an exit, he made a non-compulsary offer to existing shareholders at a very generous price. About half exited and the remain in non-Walker hands to this day.

In the meantime, the Walker share capital injection has grown to over £120m so the non-Walker shares are now well under 1% of the Rovers share capital.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived