BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it with Roque and these under-handed and indirect dealings with the press? No medical professional would come out in the press and criticise a club without their patient's approval.

He really is a snivelling little weasel.

Saying that, I think club's are hugely negligent in rushing players back from injury with little regard for the player's future career. I think it really is a short-sighted approach and one that ultimately backfires on the club.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the guy. We gave him a chance to resurrect his floundering, injury plagued career. We got a good season out of him and naturally wanted to hold onto him, to help the team progress. When he didn't get his move to a 'big club' he spent the rest of the season running to the press in Paraguay saying how he was unhappy and wanted a bigger challenge (even though he was continually injured) and when he was quizzed on it, he used the good old excuse of his words being lost in translation. Screw him and I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the World Cup.

Archived