BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen Yesterday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hating Utd has never been my scene but christ almighty I could soon change that :angry:

Join me, brother. It's easy to join the Church Of Hating The Red Scum.................

Story i was told from my boss today was of a young lady 25 years of age, walking to Darwen after the game were she came across Manchester United fans who spat on her back somewhere near the Darwen end and then followed her up Cravens Brow calling her a 'Blackburn bitch' and other expletives until they seemed to disappear around the Golden Cup motorway bridge area.

For me this makes me feel very very angry at the scum who have no moral fibre in them.

Vote for British politics vote for a Broken Brittian.

Just to add to the general Man U fan bashing, here's a letter that was published on Football 365 yesterday.

Johnny Come Latelys

I went as an away fan, to the Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United game on Saturday and have come away deeply concerned.

Not about the standard of our play as Blackburn has historically been a difficult place for us to go. Neither is it about the result as I feel it was definitely a point earned rather than 2 lost. Nor is my concern at the quality of refereeing as we should definitely had a penalty for the handball which but this was balanced out by the fact that Rooney could easily have been sent off on a few occasions.

No, my concern was for the worrying number of mindless idiots in the United end. The atmosphere was tremendous and the away support as usual more vocal than at Old Trafford.

The problem was probably the minority of Johnny-Come-Lately fans who somehow seem to be able to get their hands on United Away tickets - generally as rare as rocking horse s..t. A season ticket holder of many years, I have applied to every away game this year and received tickets for precisely 2 games (from what other fans tell me, I'm lucky to have had that many). I have travelled Europe with the club and was at the infamous Roma away Qtr final last year where United fans were treated like animals. The lack of tickets is an unfortunate bi-product of life for the United fan nowadays but what can we do? What I can't accept though are the idiots who want to spoil it for others.

In the second half on Saturday, we were still a goal down when people in the rear of the lower end and the top tier of the away support end started throwing bottles and pies towards the pitch. These weren't landing on the pitch but rather on the United fans further forward in the stands. We were losing and it was annoying how world class Friedel was (yet again) against us, but to start throwing things was ridiculous. Then towards the end of the game (about 5 mins before we equalised) some complete prick threw a seat to within ten feet of the Blackburn keeper. Does this imbecile understand the possible ramifications of his actions? He could have injured Friedel or a United fan. If the seat had hit a Blackburn player, what sort of sanction could be enforced against United?

These people have no place at our club. Sing your hearts out. Scream like a Banshee. But don't ever do anything to bring the name of Manchester United into disrepute. You're not only spoiling it for the majority of well behaved fans, but you are also putting the club at risk - I worry about what these fools will do if United get to the Champions League final and it's against Liverpool...

Chris Wilkinson

Here's the link:

Football 365

Again, just to add more fuel to the debate- this comment appeared from a United fan on the MEN website yesterday afternoon. Seems like the minority don't know how to have a drink and behave themselves.

Hi there. First time I have posted something but I felt so strongly about this. I was at Blackburn on Saturday and I must say I have never been so ashamed in my life. The majority of fans were perfect but as usual the minority have to try to spoil it for everyone else. Just a snapshot of the events whilst in the concourse and actually on the terraces:

1. "Fans" so drunk they could not stand up. 2. "Fans" who unfortuantely lost the ability to read and attempted to take alcohol onto the terraces (obviously never been to OT as they would have known not to do this) and when asked by the stewards chose to throw their drinks in their faces. 3. Male "Fans" urinating in the corners of the ladies toilets not even trying to go into a cubicle. 4. "Fans" taking mustard from the food counters and spraying it all over the floors, walls etc. 5. "Fans" ripping up seats and in fact I cannot have been the only one who noticed that one seat was even thrown at Brad Freidel I use the word "Fans" as I cannot understand how these people are allowed to obtain tickets. I have been a season ticket holder for over three years and, having applied for every away match since I have had a season ticket was over the moon that I had received my first ticket. Imagine my horror when I witnessed what I did. I would also like to point out that woman should be allowed to go to football matches and not be, as one "fan" stated to me as he pulled me back by my hair, "why don't you sit down you **** or go home and make your husband's dinner. I was only trying to go to the toilet. Surely something needs to be done about the way tickets are being allocated. I know for a fact the "Fan" who pulled my hair had purchased his ticket in the pub!! How was he able to do this when it has taken my nearly three years to obtain my first away game. I would love to know if I was the only person who experienced what I did on Saturday or if other fans did. Many thanks.

Surely the FA should be getting involved if something was thrown onto the pitch?

We stayed in blues for a while afterwards and then called into a chippy around 8.45. I'm pretty sure the two pubs we were near were the Station and possibly the bee hive.... I wasn't taking my usual route home so I may have been mistaken on the names.

Anyway, there was a massive police pressence outside, 3 large vans and a couple of police cars as well. Something had obviosuly happened there.

People are acting like this is the first time we have had mither with Utd fans at Ewood.

Ive seen trouble every year when we play these scrotes at ewood since we came back up.

It will happen again next year and nothing will change, hell Utd fans could burn the whole darwen end down and nothing would be done against them.

Never have i despised such a set of "supporters" more.

Surely the FA should be getting involved if something was thrown onto the pitch?

We stayed in blues for a while afterwards and then called into a chippy around 8.45. I'm pretty sure the two pubs we were near were the Station and possibly the bee hive.... I wasn't taking my usual route home so I may have been mistaken on the names.

Anyway, there was a massive police pressence outside, 3 large vans and a couple of police cars as well. Something had obviosuly happened there.

He landlord of the Beehive (Barry) is a massive Man Utd fan & follows them when he can. When United play at Ewood he invites a coachload of his mates to his pub & they go to the game. Last year it kicked off BIGTIME in the Beehive, as some of the locals took exception to him giving the United fans preferential treatment. I also understand, some of the Johnson Street lads were in the pub & they like a ruck.

About half an hour after the game on Saturday, Barry brought his United mates into his other pub (the Brown Cow on Livesey) they were quite noisey & started chanting & singing....but there was no bother. I understand they then migrated back to the Beehive en-masse. I`m not sure if it kicked off again in the Beehive, but i think the police learned a lesson from last year & came prepared.

Part of the problem is that we are so welcoming - once again the marquee was up at the Fernhurst allowing the hordes to get as drunk as they wanted. Normally, if you treat people like human beings, let them have a good day out etc, they behave in kind but not this lot. Inner city scum as I call them. Walking past the Fernhurst half an hour or so before kick off it was easy to see that a sole chimpanzee would have had a higher IQ than the sum total of the untermensch stood outside. Utter filth and I hope Rovers send them the bill for the repair & clean up operation.

Guest fernhurstblue

at the end of the day, the club won't do anything as it all comes down to money ..... if the powers that be had any balls, they would restrict the number of tickets given to MUFC to 1500 (half the top tier of the Darwen End) and restrict the sale of tickets to home areas to season tickets holders (ie season ticket holders can buy extra tickets for rovers fans), so that each and every ticket can be traced back to the owner.

sadly as i've already stated, money talks, and i dread to think what it would take to happen before something was done about this, which as several people have pointed out, happens every season.

rant over :rover:

The game should not be allowed to be played at 5.15pm allowing them time to get lashed up. When they play Liverpool the games are always lunchtime kick offs. When they play City the games are always lunchtime or 3.00pm kick offs. I doubt United ever played Leeds at teatime.

However at Ewood no-one seems to object to a 5.15 kickoff. This is made worse by the fact that we offer them 8000 tickets - something they don't get elsewhere.

They really are a loathsome bunch, aren't they?

Their away support seems to be almost monopolised by middle aged men who go to every game. This is backed up by the links earlier in this thread where United fans are talking about how hard it is to get tickets. There also seems to be a big drinking culture within their support, more so than with your average club.

So what you end up with is 3,000 p1ssed-up 40 year old blokes rampaging up and down the country spending all their spare time and cash following the red scum.....which when you look at it like that, is just really sad. :rolleyes:

I saw some aweful scenes after the game around the Brown Cow with some middle aged ManU fans (some of them with children as well) heavily abusing some Rovers fans. My friends who came over from Italy for the game was just impressed at the fact that nobody reacted at so offensive words & 'actions' as well (a scum tried to kick a Rovers fan)! I wonder why these scums are not so brave to do the same things in Rome...

Wow that's shamful! I can't belive that they started doing that and that nothing has been done. Very sad indeed. I'm glad nothing hit Brad and that nothing was set on fire. I'm sure most of the scum are well behaved but these are the type of red scum that get everyone beatup by the away police. Again very shameful and just makes glad I'm not a red scum supporter.

It has to be said that if 7,000 fans turn up you are going to get idiots in there...but it doesn't seem to happen when Liverpool fill the Darwen end and lets face it Liverpool as a city has its fair share of nutters. This is the one thing I can't understand about football fans on a whole. The constant posturing and abuse that is directed at each other.

I watch alot of rugby league and there are some real scary people drinking and watching the games who if they wanted to could do real damage to individuals, but you rarely get any trouble (Hull derby being the exception). I don't want to bang on about Rugby league to much but its an absolute pleasure to go and watch real hard men smash each other to bits whilst drinking on the terraces with real sports fans.

I think some folk just have issues and find the best why to express these are through drinking and intimidating rival fans at a football game. Its a way of switching off and at the weekend becoming someone else. Maybe someone who means something and is respected by there mates.

It has to be said that if 7,000 fans turn up you are going to get idiots in there...but it doesn't seem to happen when Liverpool fill the Darwen end and lets face it Liverpool as a city has its fair share of nutters. This is the one thing I can't understand about football fans on a whole. The constant posturing and abuse that is directed at each other.

I watch alot of rugby league and there are some real scary people drinking and watching the games who if they wanted to could do real damage to individuals, but you rarely get any trouble (Hull derby being the exception). I don't want to bang on about Rugby league to much but its an absolute pleasure to go and watch real hard men smash each other to bits whilst drinking on the terraces with real sports fans.

I think some folk just have issues and find the best why to express these are through drinking and intimidating rival fans at a football game. Its a way of switching off and at the weekend becoming someone else. Maybe someone who means something and is respected by there mates.

Well said: I go to rugby league and you get opposing fans drinking and getting ratted together but is there any trouble....NO.

So does any one out there know if Utd are to be reported to the League for the seat throwing?

If it were Rovers we would be on every back page and up before the beak after Rovers Security (sic) Department would have gone all out to nail who did it.

I just hope (some chance) that Utd have a record of the moron who was sold the ticket for the seat used as a weapon against brad.

however I accept that probably nowt will be done against Utd and the Red Scum fan.

I watched the game in the States and was surrounded by Red Scum, most of who were asian, they were constantly shouting "kill the @#/?" every time a rovers player won the ball with a hard but fair tackle......the message is that they cannot accept anyone scoring against them.....simple barstools!!

A few years ago I went to the Utd home game on the bus, the game when Stead scored late on to win it. Waiting at the bus station, I went in The Boulevard pub which was half full of Man Utd lads, who were systematically destroying the pub, bit by bit and I challenged them-Needless to say I made little impact, and left quickly!

I won't drink before or after Utd games now, as they wind me up so much I may not be able to control my temper or actions.

Hate the @#/?s.

A few years ago I went to the Utd home game on the bus, the game when Stead scored late on to win it. Waiting at the bus station, I went in The Boulevard pub which was half full of Man Utd lads, who were systematically destroying the pub, bit by bit and I challenged them-Needless to say I made little impact, and left quickly!

I won't drink before or after Utd games now, as they wind me up so much I may not be able to control my temper or actions.

Hate the @#/?s.

Oz

out of interest the South Lancs Rovers are running a coach from Chorley to Brum

mike

The game should not be allowed to be played at 5.15pm allowing them time to get lashed up. When they play Liverpool the games are always lunchtime kick offs. When they play City the games are always lunchtime or 3.00pm kick offs. I doubt United ever played Leeds at teatime.

However at Ewood no-one seems to object to a 5.15 kickoff. This is made worse by the fact that we offer them 8000 tickets - something they don't get elsewhere.

Agree totally with you there Hasta about a lunchtime kick off for this fixture in future,these Utd t1ts have proven time and time again they cant behave even when afforded such hospitality at 'welcoming' Ewood.....they simply take the p1ss out of everyone and everything and do what they want.I have it on good authority that the toilets in the Darwen end stand had also been smashed up badly.

I would personally restrict their allocation next time but as others have stated money talks <_< ............

Archived