BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen Yesterday

I was in the Brown Cow after game, it was like being in a United pub and i left after one pint as i was fuming that it could be allowed in a Blackburn stronghold. Do we have any Blackburn pubs?

One of my mates was having banter with the United fans from his seat, when leaving the game he was snotted in the nose by these lads.

I know for a fact that a fair few Utd fans had a beating before, during and after the game.

I hate Utd with a passion and maybe we should behave like they do here at Old Trafford. I think City are even worse though, they bring loads of ebay wearing Stone Island chavs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has to be said that if 7,000 fans turn up you are going to get idiots in there...but it doesn't seem to happen when Liverpool fill the Darwen end and lets face it Liverpool as a city has its fair share of nutters. This is the one thing I can't understand about football fans on a whole. The constant posturing and abuse that is directed at each other.

I watch alot of rugby league and there are some real scary people drinking and watching the games who if they wanted to could do real damage to individuals, but you rarely get any trouble (Hull derby being the exception). I don't want to bang on about Rugby league to much but its an absolute pleasure to go and watch real hard men smash each other to bits whilst drinking on the terraces with real sports fans.

I think some folk just have issues and find the best why to express these are through drinking and intimidating rival fans at a football game. Its a way of switching off and at the weekend becoming someone else. Maybe someone who means something and is respected by there mates.

Some of the worst disorder at ewood over the past few years has actually been when Liverpool visit. Sure you can look up a NICS report online somewhere if you're interested.

It has to be said that if 7,000 fans turn up you are going to get idiots in there.
And the other 23,000 who turn up?

I was in the Brown Cow after game, it was like being in a United pub

Isn't the landlord a United supporter? This place should be firmly boycotted by Rovers fans.

Guest fernhurstblue

Isn't the landlord a United supporter? This place should be firmly boycotted by Rovers fans.

I must admit i never knew this until after the match on saturday when he was singing with them ..... i won't be going in there again until it's been sold!! :rover:

I hate Utd with a passion and maybe we should behave like they do here at Old Trafford.

Yes, great idea.

Loads of drunk United idiots annoy most of our decent fans at Ewood who are attending the game, so let's go to Old Trafford, get bladdered and annoy their decent fans who are attending the game. That'll teach them.

:wstu:

23,000 home fans is a little different to 7,000 away fans, mum. I feel scarred by even going to the Wigan match. Me and my sister were sat in front of a set of racist pillocks who fail to realise that there are black players in our own team. When you get a large away allocation with cheaply priced tickets, you will most certainly get loads of scrotes in there...

Agree with this. We had some proper lashed up idiots following us at Wigan. I know the game was going disastorously but they were kicking off with stewards and any other Rovers fans that disagreed or objected too them.

Yes of course, I understand that some of our away fans only go to away matches. Surely there must be some way of sorting out the idiots though and stopping them from attending matches.

My point about the home fans is that in a crowd of that many you would expect a few idiots who want to cause problems but of course they are not likely to smash up their own ground unless they are dingles :D

Not to mention their own town! I think because more families and kids go to the home matches then home fans are naturally better behaved, along with the saying of don't poo on your own doorstep. Away days, especially local ones, can fill away fans up with that extra zeal that they wouldn't get at home matches and, depending on what sort of person you are, can trigger violent tendencies.

My honest opinion is that away fans, especially younger males (from what I've seen), like to go to away matches and show off about how fantastic they are as fans by being noisier, etc. I must admit that I kind of feel that way too, but only in so much as getting up and singing for the team. The Wigan match was pretty disgraceful and shows a side of the game that I don't want to see (or hear, as was the case).

Either that or, as you suggested, lots of away fans only go to away matches because they enjoy being confrontational.

Too much testosterone flying about! There is a cure for that though, but which, unfortunately, has not been used since the '60s. It is called compulsory National Service. I don't know anyone that actually wanted to do it, but have never yet found even one that did do it, that wishes he hadn't. All are agreed that it really sorted them out and made a man of them.

And that means a real man, not some pumped-up apology for a man.

Archived