BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Interesting Samba Interview

Looks like the jury is out on Chris.

I'm halfway there on him being a really good defender, he dealt with Ronaldo on Saturday a couple of times that most defenders would have envied: he kept up with him and dumped him and the ball into the Riverside. Pity it wasn't the river, but we can't have everything.

We've seem him do some really nifty footwork too - not quite in the Tugay mould - but enough to leave a good number of forwards looking stupid.

Then again he does make some mistakes, but at 24 he'll get better.

My only gripe with him is that at 6 foot 4 inches and weighting 16 stone (or whatever) he should be putting the fear of god into the opposition a lot more than he does.

After Rooney lost his rag & dropped Samba when the former didn't get his penalty after Reid touched his ankle, Chris should have got up immediately, put his arm around Rooney, patted him on the head and whispered in his ear " I didn't like that little boy, you're going to have some trouble from now on."

It would have put the fear of god into Wayne.

Was it Tommy Smith who once gave an opposition striker a bit of paper which had the menu from a Liverpool Hopital on it? "That's what you'll be eating for the next couple of weeks son."

Probably not true, but a general direction that Chris should have a go at.

If he can't do it who the hell can?

I think he probably would be more like that if the refs/ media werent so against us for being over physical already.

If he did get rough, no doubt the refs would soon be sending him off every now and again like they did with Viera.

Loved the little shimmy by Samba to dazzle Rooney at weekend. It takes balls to even consider doing it against class players. He's on his way to being a top defender and he is self-critical which is a good thing to be as a professional if you want to improve your game.

Archived