BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Have A Permanant Tribute To Tugay

i did a thread about 18 months ago,tried search but couldnt find it.I suggested a ring of fame around the ground with players voted in from all eras.Say start of with 1 player from each decade ,with a view to adding...and when a player with "legend"(for want of a better word) retires they would need to get voted onto the ring of fame.A picture,number and the years they played at ewood would what i would have . If I rememeber Gav was well up for it.

That's something you have to be careful with and make sure it's not a yearly thing. The Texas Rangers (MLB team that I follow) started a Rangers Hall of Fame a few years ago and after a few years started running out of true candidates. I'm not sure I really support the fans voting it because then it tends to favor more recent players and a more mediocre player of recent times can beat out a superb player of the past. I'd almost support it staying more with management that inducts them. They have a pretty good idea who were the fan favorites and who were the best of the best.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just wondering what tugay will be doing next season?

it's almost certain it's his final season on the rovers playing staff and the curtain call has come.

Any chance he could be offered a coaching role or a job in another capacity with the club? i.e scout?

maybe he wants to carry on playing and may move to another club or go back to turkey.

he could disappear and is never heard or seen of again.

or he could open a kebab shop or bar called tugay's in town!

I was thinking maybe a charity match?

Rovers current XI vs. Rovers Worthington Cup Finalists (and special Guests)

Current Rovers XI

Brown

Emerton

Samba

Nelsen

Warnock

Bentley

Vogel

Tugay ©

Gamst

Santa Cruz

Benni

against

WC Finalists

Brad

Martin Taylor

Henning Berg

Nils Eric Johannsen

Hakan Unsal (know he didnt play but he did later in the season and Turkish)

Gillespie

Hughes

Dunn

Duff

Cole

Jansen

+ Special Guests

That would be ace!

That would be great to see/watch.

I have mentioned this on another thread but as is now likely he does not getanother playing contract, he should play against Derby and the ground should be turned into a mass of Tugau shirts and Turkosh flags, Tugs loves Ewood and the fans and I am sure it will always be special for him. This would be a magnificent send off and is the least we should do. The worst scenario would be if he is allowed to leave without being able to sya goodbye or without us being able to thank him for the pleasure he has given us in a Rovers shirt

Derby should be Tugay day!

Alternatively why not incentivise the Brum match by instructing the squad that if we win and manage to overtake Villa that any increased place money becomes 50% of the total remuneration for Tugay next season, otherwise he will not be offered another deal. A few cameo sub appearances like yesterdays (even though somebody playing keep ball in the last 15 of some matches is mighty useful) cannot justify a really big money contract that would be better paying the wages of a new player. Would make the final match even more interesting. :tu:

A couple of uploaded youtube videos of yesterdays last home game where Ewood Park pays homage to a modern day legend TUGAY.....

TUGAY, YOU ARE MY TURKISH DELIGHT!! :tu:

I have mentioned this on another thread but as is now likely he does not getanother playing contract, he should play against Derby and the ground should be turned into a mass of Tugau shirts and Turkosh flags, Tugs loves Ewood and the fans and I am sure it will always be special for him. This would be a magnificent send off and is the least we should do. The worst scenario would be if he is allowed to leave without being able to sya goodbye or without us being able to thank him for the pleasure he has given us in a Rovers shirt

Derby should be Tugay day!

I spotted a Turkish flag in the Riverside. Was that you?

It's a pity those in charge of the pre and post match 'entertainment' seem to think most of us wish to be subjected to that f 'music' blasted out at 10 million decibels, otherwise the fans' tribute to Tugs at the end of the game would have sounded even more impressive.

...from the riverside, you could see two Turkish flags in the BBE. Both of them were in the far left blocks of seats (as seen from the pitch)

It's a pity those in charge of the pre and post match 'entertainment' seem to think most of us wish to be subjected to that f 'music' blasted out at 10 million decibels, otherwise the fans' tribute to Tugs at the end of the game would have sounded even more impressive.

Exactly... anyway I thought he had a good send off if it does turn out to be his last Ewood apprearance.

Wore my Tugay t-shirt yesterday to mark the occasion :)

Now don't get me wrong here....I have really enjoyed watching Tugay over the last few years and it's s shame we didn't have him at Ewood 5 years sooner.

He's been a good servant to the club and deserves some accolades.

However I think all this permanent tribute stuff is a bit over the job. Many other deserving players have moved on without so much as a hurrah! Rilpey, Wilcox, Berg, Flitcroft (OK i'm pushing it a bit there).

Tugay Kerimoglu -- Pld 168 Sub 35 Goals 10

Yet a player in his position during the Premier League Era who did not ask for a transfer and had the record below passed on without so much as a whimper.

Mark Atkins -- Pld 224 Sub 33 Goals 35 (and 1 Premier League winners medal)

Brad however deserves a very large staue putting up in Darwen town centre. (B'burn's already got Victoria and Gladstone)

Now don't get me wrong here....I have really enjoyed watching Tugay over the last few years and it's s shame we didn't have him at Ewood 5 years sooner.

He's been a good servant to the club and deserves some accolades.

However I think all this permanent tribute stuff is a bit over the job. Many other deserving players have moved on without so much as a hurrah! Rilpey, Wilcox, Berg, Flitcroft (OK i'm pushing it a bit there).

Tugay Kerimoglu -- Pld 168 Sub 35 Goals 10

Yet a player in his position during the Premier League Era who did not ask for a transfer and had the record below passed on without so much as a whimper.

Mark Atkins -- Pld 224 Sub 33 Goals 35 (and 1 Premier League winners medal)

Brad however deserves a very large staue putting up in Darwen town centre. (B'burn's already got Victoria and Gladstone)

I think you're missing the point slightly here PH. He's the best ball player I've ever seen at Ewood bar none. For me he's been worth the entrance fee alone for several years.

I think you're missing the point slightly here PH. He's the best ball player I've ever seen at Ewood bar none. For me he's been worth the entrance fee alone for several years.

I'm missing it too, spell it out, what point?

No it wasn't but just in front of where I sit. My son went with his Tugay shirt on but that was all

I had my Tugay #5 replica top on and loved the crowd's reaction after he came on!

I don't necessarily think that's the last we've seen of him at Ewood Park. He'd be very valuable if we do scrape into Europe on Sunday. Failing that Brad will earn a testimonial and Tugs will be first name on the teamsheet!

I'm missing it too, spell it out, what point?

As I (and many others have said on this thread if you've read through it) Tugay is the best player I've seen at Ewood (Shearer aside: but that's a lot more complicated) who also managed to give 100% every game, didn't get into the press for saying stupid things and had the best relationship with the fans I've seen.

The guy's a true gold standard Rovers' legend.

Archived