BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Have A Permanant Tribute To Tugay

C'mon Shillitoe don't get all shirty with everyone. You really did set yourself up you know by gobbbing off about Pompey so long and hard like they were the next super club in the making. If I were you ..... taking the current league tables into consideration..... I'd really consider some sort of retraction. As Greavsie used to say 'it's a funny old game mate'. :rover:

Abbey isn't refering to that, Abbey is refering to the time he labled Eddie a spoilt brat and he should have been around in the ''bad old days, second division etc.'' To this I suggested that younger fans don't really care about a time 20 odd years before they were born and only care about what they have seen and what they will see.

Of course Abbey see's this as I don't care about anything pre yesterday to do with the club.

With regards to Pompey, whilst delighted we are looking goo to finish above them, nothing much has changed. The team comparisions would still see me take more of those players, and I think most will blame the cup final for their drop in form. Easy thing to do, don't know if it's true, but all I'd say is I bet if they weren't in the final their form wouldn't have dropped so much, and I'd rather finish one place below them and win the FA Cup. They still have more money and will probably strengthen more than us in the summer. Whatever. If people dislike that purely because it's another smallish club sobeit.

It may be a funny old game, but still just that, a game.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is a totally rubbish statement and you aren't the first one to trot it out. It's basically a "get out of jail free" card for some of you "older" posters. When a younger person is critical of how the club is being run you simply say "you should have been there on july 17th 1742 when we lost to the blind school". The young supporters match your passion, if the club happened to be in a lower division they would support it, just as I did when we were struggling in the first division (those were the days, although these 10 year old up-starts know nothing about it), but the club isn't in the lower divisions and I expect it to be run like a premiership club and my expectations are based on the current state of affairs rather than what happened 20 or more years ago. Manchester United have had some tough times, but if they blow the league on Sunday my father won't be saying how it's ok because there were days when they didn't challenge for the title on the last day of the season. Living in the past is just as bad as not being aware of it.

Which is a totally rubbish statement and you aren't the first one to trot it out. It's basically a "get out of jail free" card for some of you "older" posters. When a younger person is critical of how the club is being run you simply say "you should have been there on july 17th 1742 when we lost to the blind school". The young supporters match your passion, if the club happened to be in a lower division they would support it, just as I did when we were struggling in the first division (those were the days, although these 10 year old up-starts know nothing about it), but the club isn't in the lower divisions and I expect it to be run like a premiership club and my expectations are based on the current state of affairs rather than what happened 20 or more years ago. Manchester United have had some tough times, but if they blow the league on Sunday my father won't be saying how it's ok because there were days when they didn't challenge for the title on the last day of the season. Living in the past is just as bad as not being aware of it.

go on im gonna bite eddie.....when was the last time you was passionate @ ewood for gods sake.

Why is it a get out of jail card?

July 1742 ?????? your talking crap mate,check your history !!!!

I have never said anything against fans young or old in regards of support,alls i said was listening to some you spout off about which millions should be spent where would do well to remeber(be told) of the days gone by when tea bags were squeezed and how the hell our club survived it all buggers belief.If you dont think we are spoilt with what we have now and what we had then like i said silver spoon fed still springs to mind.

Why am i living in the past?...how does the everton song start "if you know your history"

i love reading from fife ,jim,al etc about the blackburn rovers history before i was born.I loved listening to my grandad about being in ewood when we played bolton for record attendence ,i love reading about how we won the cup 3 times on the run,my son loves you tub and watching us win the league 3 years before he was born,he loves watching us get promoted at nob end and beating bumley 0-2 .

Man utd ? what have they got to do with this?

I LOVE ROVERS THEN ,NOW AND THE FUTURE.....i would still be a rover even if jack walker hadnt invested in us and would still be a rover now even if we had been made non league....HAND ON HEART EDDIE WOULD YOU?

ITS NOT LIVING IN THE PAST TO REMEBEMER YOUR HISTORY...guess what eddie it hasnt always been the premier league it used to be the first division but hey sorry to bore you with history.

You actually confirmed what I was saying. I said that you needed to be aware of your history and appreciate it, but that doesn't mean that how the club operates today should be at all governed or judged by what happened 20 years ago. I expect the club to conduct itself like a MODERN DAY premiership club, everything else is just a statistic on a dusty shelf somewhere, great memories and experiences but they shouldn't change how we view what we have now (which was what my point about United was based on).

Of course I would supprt us if we were non-league. The level we play at doesn't matter, it's about the club. If we were there I wouldn't expect us to spend millions, but when we have millions pouring in, when we pay tons to watch games on tv, to show up to games, to buy kit, then I expect the club to spend accordingly.

There is the Walkerfame stone from Tugay don't forget, but I do agree he should be remembered as should Brad.

More importantly the club should be upfront on whether or not he's staying and when it's mathematically impossible for us to get into the intertoto i.e. next week he should be given the captaincy for the final two games.

First time back on here in months for me and suddenly I remembe why I got fed up with it... so many rovers fans with so little faith. Rovers now infact have a decent chance of making the Intertoto Cup with one game remaining. If it is to be Tugay's last game he should definitely captain the side for the day though still!

Oh, and aren't some of you embarrassed about the depths you have fallen to in this thread? My understanding is that it was born from a suggestion that there should be some kind of testimonial in Tugay's honour and to discuss whether or not this is deserved but frankly, the last couple pages are nothing mroe than a slanging match.

I'm off again, I'll probably reappear and see if things have changed in a few months, but I'd like to make an observation of my own first: the ratio of personal slanging and abuse to relevant discussion in these threads seems to be tilting the wrong way, it reminds me of the 606 messageboards!

P.S. I think Tugay deserves a testimonial of some kind, not because of his time with Rovers but because he has been a great midfielder and always scored wondergoals, no matter who he's been playing for at the time or who he may have rather been playing for.

Roverich...."I'm off again, I'll probably reappear and see if things have changed in a few months"

I`m sure we`ll all be friends again in a few months!! :tu:

Y`all come back now, ya hear! ;)

You see, it's attitudes like your two that drive people away from here

I think it's great that newcomers, or returners, are getting much less stick than used to be the case; long may it continue.

You see, it's attitudes like your two that drive people away from here

:lol:

Now I know that there may be at bit of new broom to the fore here but basically you are implying that a little pointed humour is to be avoided at all costs trueblue? :rolleyes: Although I, and no doubt abbey both agree with his basic point Roverich turned up out of the blue and was having a right old girly strop about the site so why do you apparently expect no one to give a little back?

• Backroom
:lol:

Now I know that there may be at bit of new broom to the fore here but basically you are implying that a little pointed humour is to be avoided at all costs trueblue? :rolleyes: Although I, and no doubt abbey both agree with his basic point Roverich turned up out of the blue and was having a right old girly strop about the site so why do you apparently expect no one to give a little back?

I would hardly call it a girly strop Theno, more an observation of how he perceives the thread.. as he says, it starts out as discussion about a tribute to Tugay.. and quickly degenerates into personal slanging matches.

And as for giving a little back Theno... you are the one who usually starts these things- so thats hardly giving it back is it?

I would hardly call it a girly strop Theno, more an observation of how he perceives the thread.. as he says, it starts out as discussion about a tribute to Tugay.. and quickly degenerates into personal slanging matches.

And as for giving a little back Theno... you are the one who usually starts these things- so thats hardly giving it back is it?

Give up buddy, before he drags you in.

Cue a parting shot from a mod which constitutes personal (albeit mild) slanging. :rolleyes:

BUT whilst we are on the subject can you sober up and help me out with something that has me confused.............

Could you tell me what the officials involved in running this board want? Do they want more board 'traffic' or less? There is no membership fee as we all know so does the site benefit from income from other sources? A while ago in response to request from admin we all ( :rock: ) chucked a few quid in to keep it going, but now there appears to be no such member based funding required anymore. I guess this must mean enough income to cover running costs is being generated elsewhere. I haven't noticed much advertising of late so if this is the case then from where? Do we have a 'mystery benefactor'?

Presumably and moving forward (dangerously) only on assumption any income must be related to board traffic.

So moving forward again in similar fashion, if nobody contributes anything contentious / debatable / interesting / thought provoking or whatever which will create debate and all we have to talk about is insipid boring dross it'll soon be like sleepy hollow on here all close season wont it? So will that be good or bad for the future of the board?

Archived