BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lets Have A Permanant Tribute To Tugay

Agreed, Atomicrover. It's great to hear players come out and say they love the club and know they mean it - Bert has said the same. And isn't it brilliant to see Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas still involved with Rovers. Long may it continue.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, Atomicrover. It's great to hear players come out and say they love the club and know they mean it - Bert has said the same. And isn't it brilliant to see Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas still involved with Rovers. Long may it continue.

The problem is that too many players look at clubs like ours from the outside and don't want to take the risk. There has to be something that brings them here - the manager (in the case of Brad and Tugay Souness who they'd worked with before) recommendations from other players (didn't Roque say it was owen Hargreaves who suggested he took up our offer) or whatever. Getting people to come andlook and listen is the first difficult step. Those who get here usually form a long lasting bond, even if they leave. Marcus Bent said it was the best time of his career, Tim Flowers loved it, so did Craig Short. I think that despite not winning the big trophies etc recently we offer a quality of life, relationship with fans, and ambitious outlook that many would do well to look at more closely, and some would do well to treasure a bit more than they appear to sometimes.

The problem is that too many players look at clubs like ours from the outside and don't want to take the risk. There has to be something that brings them here - the manager (in the case of Brad and Tugay Souness who they'd worked with before) recommendations from other players (didn't Roque say it was owen Hargreaves who suggested he took up our offer) or whatever. Getting people to come andlook and listen is the first difficult step. Those who get here usually form a long lasting bond, even if they leave. Marcus Bent said it was the best time of his career, Tim Flowers loved it, so did Craig Short. I think that despite not winning the big trophies etc recently we offer a quality of life, relationship with fans, and ambitious outlook that many would do well to look at more closely, and some would do well to treasure a bit more than they appear to sometimes.

Yeah gumboots.... it must be the whole area cos just down the road they've said the same for years about Burnley too.

My son recently took part in the Football Aid Charity match played at Ewood (his third time), before which the players get a tour of Ewood (usually by Ronnie), this time he wasn't there and the guide, allegedly, said that Ronnie was being increasingly affected by Alzheimer's.

I have no reason to doubt this, and it would be terribly sick of anyone to explain away somebody's absence in such a way (my mum died with Alzheimer's) and so if true is very, very sad.

My son recently took part in the Football Aid Charity match played at Ewood (his third time), before which the players get a tour of Ewood (usually by Ronnie), this time he wasn't there and the guide, allegedly, said that Ronnie was being increasingly affected by Alzheimer's.

I have no reason to doubt this, and it would be terribly sick of anyone to explain away somebody's absence in such a way (my mum died with Alzheimer's) and so if true is very, very sad.

Very sad indeed. Ronnie is a legend. Went on the tour twice as a kid. After one of the tours my mum sent him in a picture she had taken during the tour and a thank-you letter. He sent it back signed and also sent us a Christmas card. A true gent.

Very sad indeed. Ronnie is a legend. Went on the tour twice as a kid. After one of the tours my mum sent him in a picture she had taken during the tour and a thank-you letter. He sent it back signed and also sent us a Christmas card. A true gent.

Sincerely hope Ronnie is OK. One of my heroes and a gentleman footballer.

Today's lot wouldn't understand.

The lap of honour after the Derby game made me laugh. All the players were carrying round their kids, except for Tugays kid who was almost as tall as him (really showing him to be the daddy of the squad!)

Archived