BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 08

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of Clady, the only teams that might fancy him before Denver have bigger needs elsewhere. KC could take him at 5, but seem more likely to take Matt Ryan or someone to replace Allen, possibly Gholston if he's still there. Still expect them to trade out. The others are the Ravens, and I would be very surprised if they wanted Clady above Ryan or Branden Albert.

Colt Brennan is an interesting one, he has put up good numbers but not against anything like NFL standard defensive schemes. I saw him in the Sugar Bowl and he was terrible. Might be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th round but he's not likely to be a starter in the NFL this side of 2010 in my opinion.

From Peter King: • Kansas City has had dialogue with Buffalo at No. 11 about trading up if premier left tackle Ryan Clady is still on the board.

I think the most underrated QB in the Draft is Josh Johnson. Haven't seen him play, but how about this for a season? He completed 205 of 300 attempts (68.3 percent) for 2,976 yards, 42 TDs and just one interception, finishing with an astounding 197.19 passer rating. He also ran for 674 yards and two touchdowns.

I've heard people saying that he played for a division I-AA team, so the stats don't count. For some reason Flacco's stats do count even though he also played in I-AA after failing/quitting at I-A.

Josh Johnson is from the University of San Diego. I know very little about him other than his incredible stats. He's built like a WR though, physique wise he's said to be somewhere between Chad Johnson and Plaxico Burress (I read that somewhere once :D).

I think the only thing that really goes against him is the level he's played at and inevitable doubts it brings. The situation is not hugely different from Tavaris Jackson, and that's a risk that hasn't paid off (yet).

Looks like he might be one to keep an eye out for, but likely tomorrow.

taken from a bronco forum..

With just three hours to go before the start of the draft, trade talk is getting fast and furious, and John Clayton of ESPN reports that the Saints and Ravens could make a deal.

The Ravens want to draft a quarterback and they don’t think they’ll be able to nab their first choice, Matt Ryan of Boston College, with the eighth pick in the draft. That would then lead the Ravens to try to trade down and select their second-rated quarterback, Chad Henne of Michigan, and Clayton reports that they’d be willing to take Henne as high as 10th, the pick the Saints own.

That would be viewed as a major reach by just about every draft analyst, but according to Clayton, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

The Saints have made no secret this week that they’re willing to buck the recent trend of teams not wanting to trade up in the draft. New Orleans seems to think that it needs to bolster its defensive line and that the top four prospects — Virginia’s Chris Long, LSU’s Glenn Dorsey, Ohio State’s Vernon Gholston and USC’s Sedrick Ellis — will all be gone in the first nine picks.

One stumbling block in such a trade happening is that the standard draft trade chart would call for the Saints to throw in a fourth-round pick to make such a move, but the Saints have already traded their fourth-round pick to the Jets.

Interesting stuff, I'd be amazed if Henne went at 10, and as mentioned the Saints don't hold a 4th round pick to make the "trade points" up. Seems like a non-starter really.

Anything else doing the rounds Abs?

Caught the end of a report that the Giants will likely trade Shockey. They were offered a second round pick (didn't hear by whom), but probably need another pick to make it happen.

Caught the end of a report that the Giants will likely trade Shockey. They were offered a second round pick (didn't hear by whom), but probably need another pick to make it happen.

There's been a lot of talk about the Saints trading for him.

Great pick by the Panthers. Stewart compliments Williams very well.

Brian Brohm will be the steal of the draft. Was considered a top 5 pick had he come out last year and did nothing this season to make him drop this much. Henne will also be a better pick than Flacco, as he is able to start right away.

Archived