BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fernhurstblue

how many tickets we got? how many we sold? which channel is it on? .................... :lol::rover:

Not really Rovers pre-season but there are a few rovers connections in the legends match on itv4 now. England v Scotland, Gallagher, Speedie, Le Saux, Souness involved and there may be more they are just the ones I caught a glimpse of :rover:

Not really Rovers pre-season but there are a few rovers connections in the legends match on itv4 now. England v Scotland, Gallagher, Speedie, Le Saux, Souness involved and there may be more they are just the ones I caught a glimpse of :rover:

Souness not blaming lady luck yet?

Maybe if we could get Rangers away we could all go up and wee all over the place and allow some rightous indignation coming the other way. Can we muster a mob of 150,000?

It would take Rovers fans three weeks solid to make the impact Rangers fans did :lol:

Does anyone have any further information on the Germany trip? Is it likely to be very costly to follow the club out there and is it going to be to some quiet german village like previous years? Could turn it into a really nice few days break and catch up on t'rovers along the way.

Does anyone have any further information on the Germany trip? Is it likely to be very costly to follow the club out there and is it going to be to some quiet german village like previous years? Could turn it into a really nice few days break and catch up on t'rovers along the way.

We went to the pre-season matches in Austria and Germany a few seasons ago and had a really good time. The matches were in some beautiful places on the edge of the Alps and we found accomodation to be cheap and good. With the Euro currently being much stronger against the pound, it wouldn't be as cheap as it was but I'd recommend the trip as a nice break to anyone.

Blackburn in Algarve, Portugal!!!!

Blackburn, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon will play a friendly tournament in Vila Real de Santo António.

it's called Torneio do Guadiana and it will be from 25 to 27th of July.

I have to go there even though I will be divided between benfica and blackburn.

I`ll be going if that is true

Nice excuse for a holiday

looks likely, a quick google check and another translate brings this (not the best english but readable)

http://www.ojogo.pt/24-95/artigo721079.asp

The Algarve again be a destination for pre-season from Sporting, which vai face the English in Sunderland and Blackburn and the rival Benfica in southern Brazil

À semelhança do que aconteceu nos últimos anos, os leões voltam a marcar presença no Torneio do Guadiana, que se disputará em Vila Real de Santo António entre 25 e 27 de Julho. As has happened in recent years, the lions are back to mark presence in the Tournament of the Guadiana, which disputará in Vila Real de Santo Antonio between 25 and July 27. Nesta prova, os leões vão defrontar o Benfica, agora orientado por Quique Flores, e ainda o Blackburn, formação comandada por Mark Hughes, a qual conta, nas suas fileiras, com Benni McCarthy ou Roque Santa Cruz. On this evidence, the lions will face Benfica, now guided by Quique Flores, and the Blackburn, training led by Mark Hughes, which account in its ranks, with Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz.

Antes, porém, o Sporting disputará o Troféu Cidade de Albufeira frente aos ingleses do Sunderland. Before, however, the Sporting Trophy disputará the City of Albufeira front of the British Sunderland. O embate frente ao conjunto orientado por Roy Keane está agendado para 20 de Julho. The clash forward to all guided by Roy Keane is scheduled for July 20. Os leões não esgotam por aqui os seus ensaios de pré-época, pelo que a calendarização completa será divulgada oportunamente. The lions here not exhausted by their pre-season testing, so the timing complete will be disclosed later.

Blackburn in Algarve, Portugal!!!!

Blackburn, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon will play a friendly tournament in Vila Real de Santo António.

it's called Torneio do Guadiana and it will be from 25 to 27th of July.

I have to go there even though I will be divided between benfica and blackburn.

lol that's brilliant. You'll never guess where i am 22nd July - 5th Aug.... Portugal :rover: Just got to convince the missus to let me go. How far away from Lagos is it?

lol that's brilliant. You'll never guess where i am 22nd July - 5th Aug.... Portugal :rover: Just got to convince the missus to let me go. How far away from Lagos is it?

It's on the Algarve coast, pretty much on the border with Spain. See you there, then! :)

It's on the Algarve coast, pretty much on the border with Spain. See you there, then! :)

Hehe, 41mins drive away. Sorted :tu: Drop the missus off at Aqualand with her mate and then off to the footy!

You coming out to Portugal then Simon?

Archived