BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fernhurstblue
The usual 'curtain raiser' with some average foreign team in front of 3,000 fans spread around the ground.

average and 3,000 ..... generous on both counts i think!!!!! :rover:

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a quick glance at the official site fixtures and our first friendly is Slovan Liberec!!!!! When did this happen...thats 60 min drive from my house. The only problem is it says venue unconfirmed....which means its probably being played in Accrington or something and not Liberec. Anyone have any info on this?

I just had a quick glance at the official site fixtures and our first friendly is Slovan Liberec!!!!! When did this happen...thats 60 min drive from my house. The only problem is it says venue unconfirmed....which means its probably being played in Accrington or something and not Liberec. Anyone have any info on this?

I think that it will be in south Germany, like most other preseasons

• 2 weeks later...
Who's going to Macc to see Ince first game in charge? Tickets are £12 for adults according to the official site, and £8 for concessions. Does that include students by any chance?

I always do the friendlies, I'll be there.

We have arranged coach transfers to Rovers games in Vila Real San Antonio. If you have already booked flights and/or accommodation with Staying Away Ltd a seat has already been reserved on the coach and is guaranteed subject to confirmation and payment by not later than Friday 11 July. If you have already booked flights and/or accommodation with Staying Away you will also receive a £5 discount on the match transfers. Departures are from the following resorts. All prices are per person per match. A full itinerary will be available soon.

Albuferia £19 (Staying Away customers £14)

Vilamoura £19 (Staying Away customers £14)

Tavira £14 (Staying Away customers £9)

Monte Gordo £8 (Staying Away customers £3)

From the train and bus timetable information we have been able to find there will be no public transport available to the Algarve resorts after the game;

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/015.htm - last bus from Vila Real San Antonio 1830

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/006.htm#times - last train from Vila Real San Antonio 2041

The games coincide with the traditional Blackburn 'Wakes Weeks`. It is therefore likely there will be a lot of casual Rovers supporters holidaying on the Algarve when the games are being played, as well as many committed Rovers fans expected to travel to the Algarve specifically for the games. Demand for the coach transfers will almost certainly exceed availability so early booking is advised.

To book call Staying Away Ltd 0871 423 5053

If you have still not booked your flights or accommodation we can help! Call us, 0871 423 5053, or book on line www.iknow-portugal.co.uk

Paul

Staying Away Ltd t/a I Know-Portugal

0871 423 5059

paul@iknow-holidays.com

www.iknow-holidays.co.uk

www.iknow-portugal.co.uk

www.iknow-spain.co.uk

www.iknow-canaryislands.co.uk

www.iknow-majorca.co.uk

ATOL 9253

PS if calling to book from this site please tell us! A contribution is made to BRFCS.com for every confirmed booking.

why is the badge/crest on the academy sign different to the official/normal one.....Is there some deep meaning about buds flowering and all that... :wacko:

As modes answered yes that is exactly it.

When the Academy was launched in 1997 the club and Bobby Downes in particularly wanted a new badge thingy. Chris Sutton was sold to Chelsea for £10m around that time if you recall, mainly because he wanted to go to London for drinks and nights out, but also because we had to pay Saatchi & Saatchi £3.3m for the design of the new Academy badge. Which was more or less what we paid for Alan Shearer, not that that's relevant.

As modes answered yes that is exactly it.

When the Academy was launched in 1997 the club and Bobby Downes in particularly wanted a new badge thingy. Chris Sutton was sold to Chelsea for £10m around that time if you recall, mainly because he wanted to go to London for drinks and nights out, but also because we had to pay Saatchi & Saatchi £3.3m for the design of the new Academy badge. Which was more or less what we paid for Alan Shearer, not that that's relevant.

It would appear to have been doused with a liberal sprinkling of weedkiller. :angry:

We have arranged coach transfers to Rovers games in Vila Real San Antonio. If you have already booked flights and/or accommodation with Staying Away Ltd a seat has already been reserved on the coach and is guaranteed subject to confirmation and payment by not later than Friday 11 July. If you have already booked flights and/or accommodation with Staying Away you will also receive a £5 discount on the match transfers. Departures are from the following resorts. All prices are per person per match. A full itinerary will be available soon.

Albuferia £19 (Staying Away customers £14)

Vilamoura £19 (Staying Away customers £14)

Tavira £14 (Staying Away customers £9)

Monte Gordo £8 (Staying Away customers £3)

From the train and bus timetable information we have been able to find there will be no public transport available to the Algarve resorts after the game;

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/015.htm - last bus from Vila Real San Antonio 1830

http://thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/006.htm#times - last train from Vila Real San Antonio 2041

The games coincide with the traditional Blackburn 'Wakes Weeks`. It is therefore likely there will be a lot of casual Rovers supporters holidaying on the Algarve when the games are being played, as well as many committed Rovers fans expected to travel to the Algarve specifically for the games. Demand for the coach transfers will almost certainly exceed availability so early booking is advised.

To book call Staying Away Ltd 0871 423 5053

If you have still not booked your flights or accommodation we can help! Call us, 0871 423 5053, or book on line www.iknow-portugal.co.uk

Paul

Staying Away Ltd t/a I Know-Portugal

0871 423 5059

paul@iknow-holidays.com

www.iknow-holidays.co.uk

www.iknow-portugal.co.uk

www.iknow-spain.co.uk

www.iknow-canaryislands.co.uk

www.iknow-majorca.co.uk

ATOL 9253

PS if calling to book from this site please tell us! A contribution is made to BRFCS.com for every confirmed booking.

Approximately 10 seats left which are now on open sale

Call 0871 423 5053

Archived