BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Season

I think people are jumping on a friedel bandwagon here. In the majority of the season, the goals conceded have been the only real shots against brad, he hasnt done that many top class performances this season imo.

He puts in a world class one against united and everyone starts to love him and he`s the best player ever.

Can't believe you've wrote the highlighted bit!

He was exceptional at Chelsea away.

I'd be interesting to know how many MOTM polls he's won. I'd also like to know how many polls he's come in the top 3.

I think people may be taking Brad for granted. How many goals do you see against other teams where you think to yourself 'that wouldn't have beaten Brad'. Once again the mistakes are few and far between, certainly less than Reina, Cech and Van Der Sar.

I think when we eventually lose Brad and go back to a mortal keeper it will be a shock for some people. Remember most thought that we should never replace Filan as he ahd been player of the season previously. However Brad showed the difference between a good keeper and a great keeper. He's been consistently excellent again in a season when very few others have stepped up to the plate. Santa Cruz is the only one and he too has been excellent.

I really do think we take Brad for granted, the guy is consistently terrific, I honestly can't think of a mistake he has made, ok he might have been able to do slightly better at times but in terms of a glaring error I just can't remember any throughout his Rovers career.

Having said that my vote would go for Roque, he has scored the goals Benni did last year but on top of that I feel he has brought a whole lot more to the table, a super player.

Very hard for a keeper, as any mistakes are remembered and noticed. Not so for a outfield player.

Roque misses an easy chance and scores two he's MOM

Brad saves two but chucks one in and you only remember the one that goes in.

Roque for me, played a full season after a nightmare in Munich with injuries, new country, new league, different partner from one week to the next, 20 goals and looked a class apart most weeks-no contest.

He's what, 38? And yet Friedel has just had one of his best seasons in a Rovers shirt. Unfortunately, a keeper doesn't have the same opportunities to play well as an out field player.

Roque has also been very impressive this season, but Bentley would get it for me. He has had an absolutely tremendous season.

For me, it would be Bentley, Santa Cruz and Friedel, in that order.

I really do think we take Brad for granted, the guy is consistently terrific, I honestly can't think of a mistake he has made

Arsenal at home this season, terrible error for their goal.

For me personally it is between Friedel, Santa and Bentley.

Looking at it and taking into account it is purely this season makes the decision easier I feel.

1. Friedel - Immense as always and just outshines the rest for me.

2. Santa - 20 goals in his debut seasons just a shame they didn't amount to more points.

3. Bentley - Has been good but not our player of the year.

Interesting way of looking at it, one could easily say Rocky would have got us more points if Brad had let in fewer goal couldn't one. Or is it just Friedel being beyond re-proach.

Brads been fantastic again but the lad Rocky wins it for me. 20 goals, great attitude phenomonal work rate and runs for 90 mins. He is not to blame for our defensive shortcomings, OK well maybe his assist the other week, but that's it :D

Archived