BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby Preview

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tugay and Benni should both start, Derby are appalling and we need to take the ######.

Although I'm sure we'll play 4-5-1 with Mokoena and J-Rob starting.

Rovers 0

Derby 1

Tugay and Benni should both start, Derby are appalling and we need to take the ######.

Although I'm sure we'll play 4-5-1 with Mokoena and J-Rob starting.

Rovers 0

Derby 1

Nothing wrong with playing 451 as, against Derby, it will be more like 433 or even 424. That is the beauty of its flexibility. I would be worried if we went back to starting with 442 as we would be back to square one with no players playing well in those central midfield positions.

We will win this one easily if we stick with the formation. Derby will be totally unable to cope with us.

If this is Tugays swansong, then let him free to do whatever he wants on the pitch. Derby are crap, and I can only see us scoring at least 5, with Tugay scoring a hat-trick

Derby 'came up too soon' - looking at some of their performances this season, they came up too soon from the first division to the champoinship!

One of my best away games ever - Rovers play off against derby - Kevin Moran header - Rovers Fans everywhere and a little bit of argy bargy thrown in :wacko:

Happy days..................

One Love - BRFC

I remember the argy bargy after that Derby game. Me and a mate had to jump into a black maria to get away from a few derby nutters. The took us to our car though, which was nice of them! There was also some real nutter trying to punch people through their car windows!

I remember the argy bargy after that Derby game. Me and a mate had to jump into a black maria to get away from a few derby nutters. The took us to our car though, which was nice of them! There was also some real nutter trying to punch people through their car windows!

what year was this?

I remember at the old Base Bat Gound when a Notts Forest away game was cancelled (late 70's) and 2 coaches decided to come to the Derby -v- Rovers game...a 3 way punch up = frightening.

Also remember the playoff game at Derby when Kevin Moran scored....we could only get 4 tickets in the Derby fans who were above the Rovers fans....filthy animals.

what year was this?

I remember at the old Base Bat Gound when a Notts Forest away game was cancelled (late 70's) and 2 coaches decided to come to the Derby -v- Rovers game...a 3 way punch up = frightening.

:rover: fa cup we lost 3-1 i would say 1977?charlie george had a shot missed the goal and hit me,put the ball under my parka and all hell broke out,we were in thr wrong end :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Do we know the attendace for this match circa? Hopefully there will be a great atmosphere anyway since it is the last home game of the season :rolleyes: We are 13 norwegian rovers supporters coming over for this one:)

:rover: fa cup we lost 3-1 i would say 1977?charlie george had a shot missed the goal and hit me,put the ball under my parka and all hell broke out,we were in thr wrong end :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

That was my first visit to the Baseball.

There were fans climbing over the segregating fences, each way, all through the game. Then there was the boarded walkway to negotiate after the match, bottles and bricks raining in on us.

Did somebody say 'Happy days' :lol:

None of this "we'll get beat" from me... every club will have been saying the same since Christmas... so don't worry chaps...

Rovers 3 - 1 Derby

Santa 31......Super Rob 90'

Tugay 52

Bentley 60

Att: 25,070

Another record in relation to Derby. Robbie Savage gets a good reception from the oppositions fans :lol: a deserved one may I add. Think we should also boo him as a joke too as already mentioned!

I hope Tugay starts and given an amazing send off.

As for the game, an early goal could open the floodgates, but you know what were like. Probably win 2-1 on 2-0!

ooops thought you wanted tugs to get sent off haha

I hope the ewood crowd don't get on the Rovers' players backs.

Derby started quite brightly against Arsenal and looked a proper Premiership outfit for 20 minutes. It was only when the continual Arsenal pressing for every ball started to bring the mistakes that they fell apart but even then they equalised and could have taken the lead.

If Hughes sets Rovers up to press the Derby players, there could be a goalfest but if the players think they can play it pretty pretty, there could be an awful embarassment.

i agree with Rover6...i can see us faultering against Derby...we never seem to do well against teams like them,when we really need the result to be positive one.

We've not been like that at all this season. We've been great against teams in the bottom half - and poor against the teams in the top half.

We've not been like that at all this season. We've been great against teams in the bottom half - and poor against the teams in the top half.

Agreed, it was last season that we dropped so many points to the scrappers at the bottom.

Hopefully we'll destroy them but a confident performance and three points will do nicely. :brfcsmilie:

Archived