BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa 2008 Ps3

I played the demo and while it was an enjoyable game I felt it was just a preview of what FIFA 09 would be like so I will wait for that.

Something I am interested in is the Be the Captain mode - whats all that about then?

Can't believe you chose it over GTA 4 though but each to their own

I played the demo and while it was an enjoyable game I felt it was just a preview of what FIFA 09 would be like so I will wait for that.

Something I am interested in is the Be the Captain mode - whats all that about then?

Can't believe you chose it over GTA 4 though but each to their own

Yeah, Ive never really got into any of the GTA 4 games.

In be a captain you basically can start off from scratch and make yourself. From here you compete with three other computer controlled players for captancy of your chosen country starting at B squad level and working into the proper team and eventually a uefa final. You have to earn points within each game in which to improve your players stats. Alternativley instead of creating your own player you can start with the likes of Lampard. It also has a battle of the nations mode in which you represent England and scores are updated onto leader boards. I thin England were third last night.

Online is excellent, one of the reasons why PES had to go!

In be a captain you basically can start off from scratch and make yourself. From here you compete with three other computer controlled players for captancy of your chosen country starting at B squad level and working into the proper team and eventually a uefa final. You have to earn points within each game in which to improve your players stats. Alternativley instead of creating your own player you can start with the likes of Lampard. It also has a battle of the nations mode in which you represent England and scores are updated onto leader boards. I thin England were third last night.

I dont know if you played this years fifa but I take it that its like the Be A Pro game you can play - the unfortunate thing is that you can only play 1 game with that and I wanted it to be played like that in a season.

I dont know if you played this years fifa but I take it that its like the Be A Pro game you can play - the unfortunate thing is that you can only play 1 game with that and I wanted it to be played like that in a season.

No, I havnt played Fifa since Fifa 97, Ive allways been more of a Pro Evo man. Although, if the latest Fifas run anything like Euro 08 I think Pro Evo may be a thing of the past. So dissapointed with this years Pro Evo!

One thing i do not get about Euro 2008 is how hard it is when playing online. On Fifa 2008, i were ranked in the top 3000 in the world and could practically beat anybody with ease, now i've traded that in and playing Euro 2008 and it is impossible to defend, everyone keeps playing as France online and i am getting stuffed 4/5/6/7-0 by most people. I cannot pass, cannot run with the ball and i defo cannot defend :-( Apart from that it is a brilliant football game and from what i have heard it is running an early version of the Fifa 2009 game engine. Pro Evo is dead IMO if this is the case.

One thing i do not get about Euro 2008 is how hard it is when playing online. On Fifa 2008, i were ranked in the top 3000 in the world and could practically beat anybody with ease, now i've traded that in and playing Euro 2008 and it is impossible to defend, everyone keeps playing as France online and i am getting stuffed 4/5/6/7-0 by most people. I cannot pass, cannot run with the ball and i defo cannot defend :-( Apart from that it is a brilliant football game and from what i have heard it is running an early version of the Fifa 2009 game engine. Pro Evo is dead IMO if this is the case.

Is the game engine on euro 2008 different than fifa 08 then? Reason I ask is I can get Fifa 08 on PS3 for £25 and am tempted by the club teams.

Is the game engine on euro 2008 different than fifa 08 then? Reason I ask is I can get Fifa 08 on PS3 for £25 and am tempted by the club teams.

Slightly. There are pass meeter's on the Euro game so thats easier. Also I think the animation is much smoother on the euro game but for some reason I still like the fifa game.

What I would suggest to you though is to save your £25 as you have only just picked up the euro game. Download the fifa demo from the store and just buy fifa 09 when it comes out. Thats the sensible option.

I've spent about 3hours online today on my day off from uni and i've got the hang of it now, beat a few people 4-0, 5-0, 3-1. What i have noticed though, is that a bit like Fifa 08 when everyone would pick Barcelona or Man Utd on it, people online only seem to pick Italy or France, mainly France, as when Henry, Anelka, Malouda, Trezeguet etc get the ball, it is nigh impossible to defend against the pace even with fast defenders. The game does take some getting used to as it seems that EA have made it so that the throw ball is the way to win on the game, whereas it appeared on Fifa 08 it were all about crossing the ball and heading in/volleying.

I scored a screamer from outside the box with Lampard earlier on v France, if you can get a clear sight of goal, it is possible to score some beautys :D

Also if anyone plays as England, make sure you put Hargreaves at RB like Fergie did last night v Barca, he is brilliant on the game in that position.

Archived