• Bentley
    • Emerton
    • Vogel
    • Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay

:rover: Get in rovers :rover:

Santa cruz scored two good goals so i'll go with him but vogel (and tugay when he came on) looked very sound and did an important job for us in the midfield

Well I voted Pedersen simply because most on this board slate him yet his work effort in many recent matches is 1st class and again today. Pedersen's work rate was emphasised when Olssen came on and looked way out of his depth.

All credit to the 4500 Derby County supporters who were more of a credit to their club than the Derby County players.

Olssen looked out of his depth?? ha your funny, he was on the pitch for about 10 minutes and had a few decent runs with ball. He's a young lad coming on in a team that wasnt going for it as it was all over at 3-1. He didnt do bad, so stop the daft comments. He's a young lad, give him time and give him a chance.

Emerton for me. First half he was one of the few who got stuck in, second half he was up and down the pitch at a rapid pace all game. Unlucky not to score, good passing, mucked in well with the defending; a very good performance. Santa Cruz did well and got both goals, but emo playing so well in an unfamiliar/not his strongest position just pips it for me.

Definitely Santa Cruz but I voted Tugay. Just because he's Tugay.

Well I voted Pedersen simply because most on this board slate him

I think I'll start voting for Reid because nobody else does :blink:

Kind of defeats the object of having a 'Man of the Match' poll.

I went for Vogel, as i kept an eye on him during the game & was impressed his touch & vision. Hopefully with a good pre-season behind him, he`ll become an Ewood favourite next term.

Santa Cruz was also excellent, but Voge`s got my vote today! :tu:

Emerton for me. First half he was one of the few who got stuck in, second half he was up and down the pitch at a rapid pace all game. Unlucky not to score, good passing, mucked in well with the defending; a very good performance. Santa Cruz did well and got both goals, but emo playing so well in an unfamiliar/not his strongest position just pips it for me.

I voted for Santa but thought Emo was a close second. A superb performance!

I voted Roque, - player of the season and two goals. However, I heard one or two people around me and afterwards say that Bentley had had a dissapointing game. Just the magnificent chip that nearly had the goal keeper beaten, beating the full back and the inch perfect cross for the 3rd goal and so on and so on.

There is a danger that Bentley's usual performanace is so good that unless he is absolutely brilliant we will think he has had a poor game. When you look at the stats on teletext you realise what a contribution he makes, most shots, most assists, most dribbles, most fouls won. In fact the only categories he doesn't come top in are most goals scored and most saves made ( and he comes a close second to Brad in the second category )

I voted Roque, - player of the season and two goals. However, I heard one or two people around me and afterwards say that Bentley had had a dissapointing game. Just the magnificent chip that nearly had the goal keeper beaten, beating the full back and the inch perfect cross for the 3rd goal and so on and so on.

There is a danger that Bentley's usual performanace is so good that unless he is absolutely brilliant we will think he has had a poor game. When you look at the stats on teletext you realise what a contribution he makes, most shots, most assists, most dribbles, most fouls won. In fact the only categories he doesn't come top in are most goals scored and most saves made ( and he comes a close second to Brad in the second category )

I think you're right there Montfort. We have people on here who reckon Bentley's been poor recently. I mean "poor", c'mon guys, take away Rocky's goals and he's the main man in our side. - every week.

Agree. Some of what he's been trying recently hasn't come off but still the first touch and the outlet he always offers us is fantastic. Remember Duff getting motm in an Ireland game when effectively he had about 3 touches of the ball. But what touches! Bentley is like that. He'll run into defenders time after time because he wants to do more but then suddenly you get the perfectly flighted cross or whatever and you remember why other teams' fans would love to see him in their team.

Archived