BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town Center Pubs During The Day

I stopped going into town many many moons ago, both with my shopping & drinking habits. Infact i avoid it like the plague, if i can.

...anyway, i`ve got a couple of friends coming to town one day next week. They`ve not been to Blackburn before & aren`t staying that long either (just an afternoon) & they`re arriving by train.

We are just meeting up for a few drinks & a catch-up.

I want to know where are the best (friendliest & busiest) pubs around the center of Blackburn during the day. I only ever really go in the Postal Order.

I`ve already pre-warned them the town center is half demolished & it`s hardly a city of culture.....but i would like them to leave with a half decent impression of the place.

Can anyone suggest a nice afternoon in Blackburn? :unsure:

Cant say that its busy during the day - at all however, when I go over I like to have a bite to eat and a few beers in the one across from King Georges Hall - cant remember the name of it though :unsure:

Other than that, like you I goto the Postal Order

I stopped going into town many many moons ago, both with my shopping & drinking habits. Infact i avoid it like the plague, if i can.

...anyway, i`ve got a couple of friends coming to town one day next week. They`ve not been to Blackburn before & aren`t staying that long either (just an afternoon) & they`re arriving by train.

I want to know where are the best (friendliest & busiest) pubs around the center of Blackburn during the day. I only ever really go in the Postal Order.

I`ve already pre-warned them the town center is half demolished & it`s hardly a city of culture.....but i would like them to leave with a half decent impression of the place.

take them to the Ewood Arms they will love it in there!!

take them to the Ewood Arms they will love it in there!!

lol! with it`s newly boarded up windows? :D

If they are coming by train from Preston then tel em to get off at Plessi and meet them there. The Railway and the Butlers Arms both do excellent ale and the Butlers does decent food. Also if it's nice both have outdoor facilities and bowling greens. Avoid Blackburn like the plague these days. It's finished.

Cant say that its busy during the day - at all however, when I go over I like to have a bite to eat and a few beers in the one across from King Georges Hall - cant remember the name of it though :unsure:

Other than that, like you I goto the Postal Order

FJ Nicholls

Personally there are only 2 decent pubs in Blackburn town centre and they have both been listed!!!

On a Similar note I went to Liquid last night and it was dead, just another sign that Blackburn is getting worse and worse

when I go over I like to have a bite to eat and a few beers in the one across from King Georges Hall - cant remember the name of it though unsure.gif

The Jubilee. It got closed recently but it has been done up and looks a lot better. Avoid "The Sun" like the plague. Baroque is next door to the Jubilee and looks okay, haven't been in myself though.

FJ Nicholls

Personally there are only 2 decent pubs in Blackburn town centre and they have both been listed!!!

On a Similar note I went to Liquid last night and it was dead, just another sign that Blackburn is getting worse and worse

You missed out on Saturday night, best night out in ages :rover::lol:

In terms of rough, take them to Blackpool for a few rounds :unsure: what a KIP!!!!

The thread was started by a Briton (apparently) and this is a British site so he spelt it wrong.

End of.

good god you know my night has been spoilt and i wont be able to sleep now because of the spelling...christ almighty like it matters

If the weather is fine and you want to impress them with a bit of al-fresco dining try the cafe in the back of Blackburn Tourist Information Center it has a courtyard garden overlooked by the Cathedral ... and I think they do bottled lager. B)

If the weather is fine and you want to impress them with a bit of al-fresco dining try the cafe in the back of Blackburn Tourist Information Center it has a courtyard garden overlooked by the Cathedral ... and I think they do bottled lager. B)

Careful here cos the actions of some of our resident dollopers have rendered drinking outdoors in the town center a banned occupation thesedays ES.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/mostpopu...rinking_ban.php

Archived