BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock For England

for some reason, he doesn't strike me as that sort of lad. i think he's just happy playing football after all them years at liverpool where he were always on the fringes. he said first and foremost he wanted to play well and regularly for blackburn, and wasn't thinking about england. his hard work has paid off, hope he gets a game. He's no ashley cole when that pillock is on form, but best of the rest from what i've seen.

I think many of us said the same about Bents, me included, and look how that's panning out.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news, well deserved. One of the best tacklers in the league, with a fantastic attitude to every game. He's a bit like Flitty was, you know when he goes in he'll do it a hundred percent and he'll most likely hit the ball first too.

Anyway, found this

And if someone has a video from when he splits the Reading winger in two from last season, please post. The Korean kid just came on, Warnock went in - ball and man. That means "no trickery from you" :)

Excellent news, well deserved. One of the best tacklers in the league, with a fantastic attitude to every game. He's a bit like Flitty was, you know when he goes in he'll do it a hundred percent and he'll most likely hit the ball first too.

He'll need to at international level. Referees from other countries have very different views on the definition of hard tackles and dangerous ones. But someone pushing Ashley Cole hard from behind can only do good imo, and Bridge appears to have gone backwards too since he left Soton.

;)^_^

Technically, Warnock is very good too. He can run with the ball and beat men - he played left wing for Coventry for a season and won their player of the year.

I'm afraid that I don't have the optimism that Stevie can make the left back position for England. He simply makes too many mistakes. He's nowhere near consistent enough, even at club level.

Good luck to him though, I hope he plays a blinder and proves me wrong.

I agree, Den, Warnock is a little 'helter skelter' - all whirling legs and flying tackles and at times, it would help his game if he slowed down and thought about the game.

However, he has virtually carried Gamst this season, which makes his form even more impressive. IF he had a left winger who could genuinely take the attacking burden off him, Warnock's defensive game would surely improve.

However, he has virtually carried Gamst this season, which makes his form even more impressive. IF he had a left winger who could genuinely take the attacking burden off him, Warnock's defensive game would surely improve.

A bit unfair on Gamst I think. Can't disagree on him having had a poor season offensively but he always tracks back and helps out the fullback defensively. If Warnock goes on his runs Gamst stays back, making Warnock look good more than anything else...

A bit unfair on Gamst I think. Can't disagree on him having had a poor season offensively but he always tracks back and helps out the fullback defensively. If Warnock goes on his runs Gamst stays back, making Warnock look good more than anything else...

Agreed to an extent. On the other side Bentely is very offensive and a poor defensive player but Emerton still gets forward. But then I suppose Emerton does get more flack for his defensive performance than Warnock.

Thoroughly deserved IMO. Warnock has been one of our most consistent performers in this inconsistent season.

And we all remember him having Theo Walcott in his pocket when we drew with the Arse early in the season, right?

Thoroughly deserved IMO. Warnock has been one of our most consistent performers in this inconsistent season.

And we all remember him having Theo Walcott in his pocket when we drew with the Arse early in the season, right?

He did a good job on Ronaldo at Ewood too.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think this was worth starting a new topic for but an interesting bit of news today is that young Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis has been called into the England squad.

Interesting one. Nice work Fabio.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived