BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock For England

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see Capello following his "I select based on form not club" attitude by picking Wayne Bridge. :rolleyes:

Who else should he have picked? Bridge is a good player who did get quite a lot of playing time for Chelsea this season.

• 3 weeks later...
Good for him i am glad he has seen sense!

Erm... he's seen sense?

How about he didn't want to leave in the first place and was merely expressing valid disappointment at Hughes leaving.

Good for him clarifying matters to a (relatively/formerly) reputable news source.

Erm... he's seen sense?

How about he didn't want to leave in the first place and was merely expressing valid disappointment at Hughes leaving.

Good for him clarifying matters to a (relatively/formerly) reputable news source.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1240375.ece

When you read this article it pretty much looked as though he was only at Rovers because of Hughes.Judging by his quip at the end it seemed obvious that if Hughes came in for him for city that he would be off like a shot.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1240375.ece

When you read this article it pretty much looked as though he was only at Rovers because of Hughes.Judging by his quip at the end it seemed obvious that if Hughes came in for him for city that he would be off like a shot.

But that article is written by the Sun! Admittedly it is mostly direct quotes but the sun is still rubbish (^o^)//

"It’s not that I don’t enjoy the club itself but he was the reason I came. I wanted to play for him." I read that as him wanting the manager to stay. To go from there to reading it as him wanting to leave the club is a bit of a leap.

Either way, he's stated a committment to the club now which is all kinds of good!

“It’s not that I don’t enjoy the club itself but he was the reason I came. I wanted to play for him.

"I respected him as a player and I respect what he’s doing as a manager.

“Fingers crossed he’ll stay but obviously if he’s given permission to speak to another club then you just never know what can happen.”

Sorry but it didn`t sound like he was fully committed to me.

It also didn`t just appear in the sun but in other media outlets too.

“It’s not that I don’t enjoy the club itself but he was the reason I came. I wanted to play for him.

"I respected him as a player and I respect what he’s doing as a manager.

“Fingers crossed he’ll stay but obviously if he’s given permission to speak to another club then you just never know what can happen.”

Sorry but it didn`t sound like he was fully committed to me.

It also didn`t just appear in the sun but in other media outlets too.

It might have appeared in other media outlets but they were all reporting from the same quotes given in one sitting (was it the beeb who he talked too initially?)

You've highlighted three quotes that all say he liked Hughes and wanted him to stay. None allude to him wanting to leave and the section you underline simply points towards the very real possibility of Hughes' leaving after he is effectively given permission to do so.

I don't really think you can justify your thinking that he isn't fully commited from these or any other comments he has made, especially with the hindsight we now have from his clarification that he doesn't want to go anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived