BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock For England

Now that Cole's injured it seems the world and his dog have replaced him in the squad with Wayne Bridge so that the issue of him and Terry will allow pages and pages to be filled with all kind of sensationalist rubbish.

BUT imo Warnock is way in front of Bridge and has been for some time. So if Cappello thinks as I do and plumbs for Warnock does anyone know if we had the foresight to include a clause in his sale which might re-imburse us for England appearences or even sell on's? It was obvious to me that with Cole out of the way this was a distinct possibility.

I think those kind of clauses only relate to underage players going on to play for england, don't they? I've never known of a clause that included a fee for 'a certain number of england caps' when the player already has at least one. I'd be happy to be wrong, but doubt it myself.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In which case it will likely be more along the lines of a payment being triggered if plays, say, 10 games for England while at Villa or if he makes the World Cup squad.

It would seem unlikely just for him to play for England as he has already done so.

The clauses might just relate to Villa though. I think the most likely clause is likely to be for Champions League qualification.

Archived