BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers In Manchester

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Had to walk through the city centre at 4.30pmish to get to Victoria Station, I couldn't believe the sheer amount of fans that Rangers had bought down. Generally they were drunk and noisy but there was no sign of aggression, although they seemed to have decided to use the whole of the city centre as one big toilet.

As for the game, Zenit by far the better side and deserved to win. Arshavin looks like a class player, if we only we could afford him.

Far too negative approach from Rangers......if it wasn't for a bunch of girls from Greece I'm positive Rovers would have offered a damn sight more on the night.

Rangers have played that way throughout the tournament to great effect. It's been a superb tactic over 2 legged football, partcularly when playing the away leg second. It didn't quite translate tonight but it was a superb effort against a techincally vastly superior side.

Unfortunately Rovers are yet to learn the correct way to play in Europe and as such would never have been anywhere near the final - probably because we don't get enough practice - probably because we bottle it when given the chance to achieve something. I'm going back in to Birmingham Match Thread mode.....

Two major footballing disappointments in the space of 4 days for me. Sometimes makes you wonder if its worth it.

Guest Kamy100

Sky News reporting that a Russian Fan has been stabbed outside the ground after the match, condition is not life threatening. I really hope that it doesn't all kick off.

Russian football fans are no saints either.

Anyway, phew! Zenit are a seriously good team and fully deserved the win, Rangers were pretty ordinary to be honest. I hope Manchester makes it through the night.

I work with a couple of Rangers fans so I'll smile and nod in the morning. ;)

I've been in the city all day and The Rangers fans were absolutely phenominal!!

I didn't see a bit of bother they were a credit to their country. Good luck to 'em.

A little early there don't you think :lol:

Tonight is the happiest I've been watching a football match in a long while....the amount of Rangers this, Rangers that crap I've heard all day was unreal...well play Zenit, Celtic (and football) fans around the world salute you :rover:

Tonight is the happiest I've been watching a football match in a long while....the amount of Rangers this, Rangers that crap I've heard all day was unreal...well play Zenit, Celtic (and football) fans around the world salute you :rover:

Was The Bill not on tonight then?

What have Celtic got to do with it?

:rolleyes:

Archived