BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rangers In Manchester

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're Rangers' big rivals.

I was more alluding to the "and football" link Matt.

I am more than aware of the rivalry between Celtic and Rangers, after all I am not a complete idiot.

And bizarrely have read comments about how Celtic are the exemplars for Scottish behavior in Europe......

Sadly my own experience doesnt match that,

Or indeed if AEK Athens were in town. They're supposed to be kerrazy.

Tonights east wind and temperature drop would have quietened them big time though. But the sweaties and ruski's though will thrive on it.

Rangers Fans

Rangers fans at half time

Disgusting. You can see why some people hate football and all that comes with it.

Does anyone think that Rangers and Celtic will ever be allowed into the premiership after tonights display in the city centre by the rangers 'fans'?

Absolutely not now, it's obvious the security risks of thousands of travelling Glaswegians would be too high. If anything else serious happens (a stabbing is more than bad enough) then hopefully Rangers won't be allowed back in to Europe next season either.

It seems that the reality is the Rangers supported have been relatively well behaved.

Thankfully, there can be no sense of grievance over the game- a technically limited effort against a much superior opponent.

It is desperately sad that some nutter decided to knofe a Russian sat in his seat inside the stadium but the victim is going to be OK and no doubt some surveillance camera will have caught the incident.

And when you think there were 15,000 plus ###### up Gers fans when the Picadilly Gardens screen failed, there was remarkably little trouble considering the frustration there must have been.

That said, if it didn't rain last night, Manchester must be like one outdoor toilet this morning.

It seems that the reality is the Rangers supported have been relatively well behaved.

Thankfully, there can be no sense of grievance over the game- a technically limited effort against a much superior opponent.

It is desperately sad that some nutter decided to knofe a Russian sat in his seat inside the stadium but the victim is going to be OK and no doubt some surveillance camera will have caught the incident.

And when you think there were 15,000 plus ###### up Gers fans when the Picadilly Gardens screen failed, there was remarkably little trouble considering the frustration there must have been.

That said, if it didn't rain last night, Manchester must be like one outdoor toilet this morning.

So it's business as usual then... ;)

Disgusting. You can see why some people hate football and all that comes with it.

Absolutely not now, it's obvious the security risks of thousands of travelling Glaswegians would be too high. If anything else serious happens (a stabbing is more than bad enough) then hopefully Rangers won't be allowed back in to Europe next season either.

Now I see why building Hadrians Wall must have seemed like a good idea. :o

It is scum like these Rangers fans, and Celtic scum when at Ewood in the UEFA a few years back, that will thankfully block the entry of both teams into the English Premiership.

Thety should have stayed at home, watched their garbage team on the telly (on a display like last night they are bottom half Premiership at the best), and have an early night before picking up their dole the following morning.

SCUM

I think some of the criticism coming the way of the Rangers fans is totally unfair.

The City of Manchester chose to lift the bylaw on drinking in the streets, not only that but to provide fanparks - serving beer from 26,000 litre road tankers, from 10 o clock in the morning!!! In three absolutely huge fan parks!!!

The coucillor responsible was on North West News yesterday lunchtime saying what a good time all the fans were going to have and what a good job he and the council were doing.

So they should at the very least had some sort of contingency plan if one of the big screens failed. They did not - so much of the blame lies squarely with the City of Manchester IMO.

They tempted them down from Glasgow in their thousands, fuelled them up for 9 hours and then totally distressed them by failing to show the game as promised.

Did they expect the 20,000 fans in Picc Gardens to shrug their shoulders and teleport themselves back to their front rooms in Glasgow???

I think some of the criticism coming the way of the Rangers fans is totally unfair.

The City of Manchester chose to lift the bylaw on drinking in the streets, not only that but to provide fanparks - serving beer from 26,000 litre road tankers, from 10 o clock in the morning!!! In three absolutely huge fan parks!!!

The coucillor responsible was on North West News yesterday lunchtime saying what a good time all the fans were going to have and what a good job he and the council were doing.

So they should at the very least had some sort of contingency plan if one of the big screens failed. They did not - so much of the blame lies squarely with the City of Manchester IMO.

They tempted them down from Glasgow in their thousands, fuelled them up for 9 hours and then totally distressed them by failing to show the game as promised.

Did they expect the 20,000 fans in Picc Gardens to shrug their shoulders and teleport themselves back to their front rooms in Glasgow???

I fully agree, working in Manchester, yesterday was quite difficult, but you could see it wouldn't take much for it to turn sour. I lost an hour on my journey home and saw some real messes as I was leaving the city about 18.30. It was obvious then there were more Rangers fans than there was space to watch TV’s.

These councillors where probably enjoying the corporate hospitality up at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Walking through the city this morning, its just one big rubbish tip, with empty bottles everywhere.

Guest Kamy100

Walked from Victoria to Oxford road it looks like a huge rubbish tip has been tipped over the whole of the city centre, I have never ever seen anything like it and it stinks. There are still quite a lot of Rangers fans milling around it various state's of conciousness. Talking to some of them it appears that the screen failing resulted in all of the trouble, can kind of understand people being angry as some of them had been stood there since midday, but then again if it had been me and I couldn't get a ticket I would have stayed at home.

If you watched the match you'd have seen that only one team played football...the other side parked the bus on the goal line for the entire game :rolleyes:

To be fair, from where I was watching it looked like there were 2 football teams, both playing with differing tactics....

And as far as I am aware that isnt against the laws of the game.

:rolleyes:

....the amount of Rangers this, Rangers that crap I've heard all day was unreal...

Somehow I think the English media will be in overdrive come the Champs League final. I don't think I'll be reading the sports pages or watching SSN as it'll be wall-to-wall Chelski and Manure :angry:

To be fair, from where I was watching it looked like there were 2 football teams, both playing with differing tactics....

And as far as I am aware that isnt against the laws of the game.

:rolleyes:

Spot on Stu. Rangers did what we've done at the Emirates in recent years and it's what we'll do next season.

Archived