BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro 2008

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back to Euro 08 and the Maltese Bar owners are bewailing the lack of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish participation- they are expecting a thin time of it during the tournament.

I think every pub in the UK can expect the same-big hole in the budget for pubs this summer with no England on.

I'm about to pick a dream team for Euro 2008 but I've just realised I haven't got a clue who to go for.

Does anybody know of a good website that will show me stats like:

-Best defensive recored in the qualifiers

-Top scorers

-Probable line-ups

-Latest injury news

You like to be well informed for these things!

Thanks in advance.

I just can't seem to get excited by this championship. Usually i watch almost every game at the world cup's and euros, but without the home nations in it i just don't get the same buzz and excitement.

I've always liked the Czech Republic, some really good players and i think they could be a real darkhorse this championship.

I'll watch the odd game, especially those in the group of death but thats about it.

This Czech side is missing too many players. Its a young team and could go out early...I wouldnt consider them darkhorses...

That first game just proves it. They were lucky in both attack and defence to win the game 1-0. Switzerland shaded it this game and could have done without Frei being injured at the end of the first half.

Enjoyed the Portugal performance but could have done without the inept David Pleat creaming himself over Ronaldo every 2 minutes.

He managed to embarrass himself in the first half though with the free-kick that hit the post. "Oh what a strike by Ronaldo, the keeper never saw it". Er yes he did David, he tipped it onto the woodwork.

The ref in the first game greatly favoured the Swiss for most of the general decisions I thought. However the big ones they should have had (a definite penalty and an appeal for another) he turned down.

Decent start to the competition overall.

Overnight viewing figures suggest that the British public aren't massively enthused.

Swiss vs Czech = 3.5m

Turkey vs Portugal = 4m

For comparison sake:

first matches of WC06 received 5.65m (Germany vs Costa Rica) and 5.71m (Poland vs Ecuador)

first matches of Euro 2004 were 6.19m (Portugal vs Greece) and 6.4m (Spain vs Russia)

Archived