BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans' Forum 19/5/08

1. Season ticket sales

The club has beaten its target for the early bird offer, which is very encouraging. Unsurprisingly they will not talk numbers at this stage. Direct debit sales are up, as are online sales (up from 8% to 16% of the total).

2. Club Shop

Everyone should be aware now that the club have taken back management of the club shop from SWI. This is already happening and the club are looking to get rid of large quantities of Bet24 branded stock in the near future, so watch out for bargains. Unfortunately, the online shop was managed by SWI so has had to be closed and won't reopen until the shop itself is relaunched in July. The shop will close in late June/early July for a relaunch.

3. 08/09 kits

New away strip will be available from early July, to coincide with the shop relaunch. New home strip will go on sale early August.

4. Possible takeover

Contrary to some reports the club has received no new interest in recent weeks. People may be preparing bids but the club has had no contact yet.

5. Manchester-Blackburn train line

One we raised from comments on here. The campaign to double up the line has the support of Blackburn council, Lancashire County Council, Jack Straw and Northern Trains. It can be done for £8m-8.5m but this money needs to be found by the council and its partners and they don't have it at the moment, so nothing will happen soon. There is absolutely no chance of a new station at Ewood - there is no business case.

6. Automatic ST renewal

Another one raised by people on here. The club have agreed to look at this, including talking to other PL clubs who already do this, but they do have reservations, (as do a few fans on the Forum).

7. 08/09 Pre-season

Team going to Germany, probably to play 2 games and probably on about 13/7/08. Away match with Wolves on 2/8/08 already announced. Aim to get a home game on 9th or 10th August, probably with overseas opposition, as the FL season starts that weekend.

If anyone wants to comment on anything above I suggest they either find an old thread or start a new one - it will be too confusing to comment on all this on this one thread.

O2G - season ticket sales. Is it not the case that the club have no precedent to follow in trying to judge the ST sales? It's simply a guess as to where they would like to be at this stage and gives no-one any idea as to whether we will a rise or drop?

O2G - season ticket sales. Is it not the case that the club have no precedent to follow in trying to judge the ST sales? It's simply a guess as to where they would like to be at this stage and gives no-one any idea as to whether we will a rise or drop?

You're right in that there is no exact equivalent. They measured sales against the early bird offer 2 years ago and it's against that that they have been pleasantly surprised. It's certainly true that they need to get more sales between now and the new season to meet their overall target of matching last season's sales, and they know that. Given the big price reduction last year and the current state of the economy that would be a damn good result.

7. 08/09 Pre-season

Team going to Germany, probably to play 2 games and probably on about 13/7/08. Away match with Wolves on 2/8/08 already announced. Aim to get a home game on 9th or 10th August, probably with overseas opposition, as the FL season starts that weekend.

Any plans for friendly at Deepdale again? Great day out last time - and I think it has been mentioned on here that PNE wanted us as part of their new stand opening.

Any plans for friendly at Deepdale again? Great day out last time - and I think it has been mentioned on here that PNE wanted us as part of their new stand opening.

The club may go to a mini-tournament in Europe after Germany - they have had invites. If this happens there is no chance of playing PNE. If it doesn't there will probably be another match in the UK so that would be a possibility, although there was no mention of Preston last night.

The club may go to a mini-tournament in Europe after Germany - they have had invites. If this happens there is no chance of playing PNE. If it doesn't there will probably be another match in the UK so that would be a possibility, although there was no mention of Preston last night.

Cheers for posting this O2G.

Especially interested in the possible mini-tournament. I might see some preson (outside Wolves) after all!

My question for the fans forum is can Rovers put several sponsorship names on their merchandise rather than just a sole sponsor and also can they sell clothing without sponsors logos on.

My question for the fans forum is can Rovers put several sponsorship names on their merchandise rather than just a sole sponsor and also can they sell clothing without sponsors logos on.

Next meeting is not for 8 weeks I'm afraid, so you will have to wait a while for an answer.

I know it's highly unlikely but I hope one of the invites was to the annual Amsterdam tournament.

. Aim to get a home game on 9th or 10th August, probably with overseas opposition,

We should try and get a bigger club in this time, like when we had Barcelona and Lazio here a few years back.

Archived