BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uncle Jacks

Well said John and bang on the money. Now the Blackamoor - there's a pub...

Wanted to call in yesterday but it's got fencing around it and the sign has gone off the wall. Is it finished for good anyone know??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wanted to call in yesterday but it's got fencing around it and the sign has gone off the wall. Is it finished for good anyone know??

If you mean the Blackamoor I believe it is just being refurbed at the moment.

Hello Good Evening and welcome,

S4DE any chance like before will they have the rooms available on a B&B basis whenever I need to stay over would've been interested this time as am up in another week

Goodnight John Boy.....

Not a hope. Opening night is 1st August.

Not too sure my mother will go a bundle on the B & B idea either and if it does happen stay clear of her breakfast.

all- just to let you know i am away from today for 2 weeks so will not be able to reply etc, but please keep any ideas/thoughts coming-

as i said before some useful ideas have cropped up and any input you can have will help us make it the best possible pub for both matchday and the rest of normal week.

cheers

Received the leaflet over the weekend, about the re-opening on August 1st. I am however rather concerned about the picture shown which was taken from the Rovers magazine of 1995. It shows of course Terry Whalley, with Peter Morris. Unfortunately, Pete died of cancer 5 years ago and I do think some more thought should have gone into the production of the leaflet. Was any consultation taken before this picture was used?

[Received the leaflet over the weekend, about the re-opening on August 1st. I am however rather concerned about the picture shown which was taken from the Rovers magazine of 1995. It shows of course Terry Whalley, with Peter Morris. Unfortunately, Pete died of cancer 5 years ago and I do think some more thought should have gone into the production of the leaflet. Was any consultation taken before this picture was used?

John, my old man talked to his wife Alison beforehand to ask permission, she then also talked to his son and permission was granted.

There are no problems on that score - Pete was a very good friend of mine and my dad's and he was extremely mindful of the sensitivity of it.

Maybe you'd want to pass that information on to any people you know who aren't in receipt of the facts ??

John, my old man talked to his wife Alison beforehand to ask permission, she then also talked to his son and permission was granted.

There are no problems on that score - Pete was a very good friend of mine and my dad's and he was extremely mindful of the sensitivity of it.

Maybe you'd want to pass that information on to any people you know who aren't in receipt of the facts ??

Jason, thanks for that information. Obviously, all the background checks had been done by everyone.

All,

the pub opens this weekend and i am sure you will all sample what it has to offer, either as regular visitors or rovers fans on a matchday.

they have set up the site

www.unclejacks.co.uk

cheers

B)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived