BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shall We Have A Bet?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.19 is the price. Put £1 on to win £1.19. Basically it's the same as the traditional 1/5

If it's in the blue column then £63 is the amount you can put on at that price. After that it will go down to 1.18

The 109% is the margin of the market. You don't really need to know this.

£63 is the biggest amount the you can put on at 1.19. So at 1/5 you'd win £12.60 plus your stake back. However you'd have to pay Betfair £0.63 comission on this don't forget.

The only reason you can back 1.19 is because someone else wants to lay it and they are only prepared to lay £63's worth of cash at 1.19

what happens if noone takes your bet and you get online and say the race starts?

its confusing the crap outta me hahaha

When you place the bet you can select to either cancel all bets when the race starts or make the bet continue 'in-running'

You might be better with Billy Hills Abs.

When you place the bet you can select to either cancel all bets when the race starts or make the bet continue 'in-running'

You might be better with Billy Hills Abs.

was chuffing dreaming about chuffing betfair last night.

just looked on odds checker ince 13-2

UK Open darts starts at the Breezeblock tonight, it is the FA cup of darts where pub players take on the pro's.

Betting to win it

Phil Taylor Fav 5/6

Some other prices

James Wade 13/2

Van Barnaveld 7/1

Adrian Lewis 22/1

John Part 50/1

Van Gerwen 66/1

Wayne Mardle 66/1

If you fancy an outsider

Dennis Priestly 100/1

Wes Newton 100/1

World Championship finalist

Kirk Shepherd 125/1

Alan Warriener Little 250/1

Anastacia Dobromyslova 1000/1

Full betting

Barney looks a big price. He didn't like the Premier League format as he travels over from Holland every week but for the UK Open he's based in the UK throughout the tournament. 15/2 on Betfair and will surely trade much shorter later in the comp.

I think the Czech Republic are a good bet to win against Switzerland tommorrow in the opening Euro 2008 game. The Czech's always seem to do well when it comes to major competition group stages and although the Swiss are at home I think the Czech Republic will win this one.

I think the Czech Republic are a good bet to win against Switzerland tommorrow in the opening Euro 2008 game. The Czech's always seem to do well when it comes to major competition group stages and although the Swiss are at home I think the Czech Republic will win this one.

I was thinking that.

Just had a quick glance at Ladbrokes and the Czechs are a massive 9/4 to win. (There may be better odds available elsewhere, haven't checked)

They're a much better side than Switzerland aren't they?

I was thinking that.

Just had a quick glance at Ladbrokes and the Czechs are a massive 9/4 to win. (There may be better odds available elsewhere, haven't checked)

Yes, I think it's a decent bet too.

As I've mentioned Ive backed them at 25's to win the tournament so if they are to qualify from this group they must really beat the Swiss.

The Czech weren't exactly convincing but they won in the end, at thoose odds they were just to good to avoid. As you said good start to the tournament on the betting front. :)

I'm not sure about this next game so I think I'll just sit back, Turkey are a bit of a mix bag don't know what to expect form them. I'll be hoping Turkey win though can't stand Portugal and their collection of greasy 'superstars'.

I was thinking that.

Ended up with a nice double today, Czechs and Portugal at 7/2.

It's tempting to think the Croatians and Germans will also romp in tomorrow. (19/10 ish)

Having said that, a favourite is bound to slip up sooner or later.

Having had a bad run with a few baseball bets and the Hughes saga I bounced back in style yesterday.

Pepe to score first at 40/1...was the happiest person in the bar (even more so than any Portugal fans).

Portugal and Czechs to both keep clean sheets, Portugal to win and they are also both part of a larger multiplier...hopefully Euro 2008 will continue to be as kind to me.

Barney looks a big price. He didn't like the Premier League format as he travels over from Holland every week but for the UK Open he's based in the UK throughout the tournament. 15/2 on Betfair and will surely trade much shorter later in the comp.

Phew, Barney's just beat Taylor to move into the semi's. Think I'll cash that bet back in now.

With regards to tonights footy I think Croatia will beat Austria but I don't want to back them. At some point I expect everyone to be commenting on how Croatia are actually ordinary and how disappointing it was that they were way too good for England. Their last 6 results, albeit mostly friendlies, don't inspire much confidence.

Instead I'm backing Roland Linz (12/1) and Dario Srna (15/1) for first goalscorers. There's a good chance both will be penalty takers and we're due a penalty!

Archived