BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shall We Have A Bet?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of aftertiming by myself I know but I've had a good placepot at Ascot today. £354 win.

It's always worth having a go at these festival meetings as the pool totals are £500,000 +

ppot.jpg

(Ignore last nights first goalscorer bets !)

Thats easy - who does that - do bet 365 do it??

Yeah Bet365 do it online as do ladbrokes and totesport.

I've had another go today - fingers crossed.

I've also backed Off The Record at 20/1 in the Wokingham. I was told to follow it this year back in March. I then duly managed to miss it winning at 25/1 a few weeks later. Probably too late now but I couldn't face it winning again and not backing it. However having watched the last race it looks like you want to be drawn stand side so I'm going to back Knot in Wood and Machinist.

as slates says shove the pikeys out....bulldozer or dynamite should do the trick...oh no theres the cut ...gas em and move em then...

opps stella says wrong threadf

:unsure:

Been drinking Abs ???

In a bit of dilemma now I put a tenner on Spain to win Euro 2008 at 8/1 a while back. Now I could easily just back Germany to win the final and gurantee a profit either way, but if Spain win the final (which I think they will) placing any bets on Germany would just reduce my winnings.

stick a few pounds on germany to cover your original bet and then you can relax and see what happens. If Spain wins you'll still make a nice profit, but if Germany wins you won't lose money. Perfect position to be in.

In a bit of dilemma now I put a tenner on Spain to win Euro 2008 at 8/1 a while back. Now I could easily just back Germany to win the final and gurantee a profit either way, but if Spain win the final (which I think they will) placing any bets on Germany would just reduce my winnings.

I did decide to make my bet safe and place some money on the Germans to lift the cup.

I'll still win slightly more should Spain win hence I can still hope the Germans lose. ;)

If anyone has huge reserves in their Betfair accounts there may be some free money to be had laying relatively well known golfers who fail to get through qualifying for the Open.

I heard on the radio today by way of example that that both Darren Clarke and Thomas Bjorn had gone badly in qualifying at Sunningdale and were unlikely to get through but not sure what the final result was.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Stricker (95-1 on Betfair) and Mike Weir (100-1 on Betfair) for the Open.

Get on !!!

I'm staking a few quid on Betfair on Jean Van Der Velde at 1000-1. He had to come through prequalifying to get to Birkdale and I've found in the past that if a well known golfer has had to prequalify and has got in ,he's usually in good form.

Had a nice result in similar circumstances on Brad Faxon at St. Andrews three years ago. He was 600/1 on Betfair before the off, and although he didn't win, I laid him off before round 4 for a decent profit on the whole field.

Archived