BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Metal Gear Solid 4

Guest Kamy100

those bloody cut scenes and their STATING THE BLOODY OBVIOUS or completely irrelevant/pointeless/unbelivable stories, i mean a love storey going on during a covert op, done over teh radio link? I mean really, what the hell? And I couldnt skip through the damn irritating cut scenes, meant that I've been put off MGS for life. which is a shame coz I loved the game play, just the 90% of the game that wasnt the gameplay

Guest Kamy100

The problem is that the game uses pretty much all of the space available on the blue ray disc so if it came out in it's current format on the 360 it'd mean it would be on 9 DVD's!! I am sure that some form of MGS will come out on the 360 in the long term future.

Was this not supposed to be available at some point for the 360?

Probably in the very distant future. About as likely as Halo is to come to the PS3.

There are 90 minutes of cutscenes in this one Flops, plenty to keep you occupied. :lol:

I do enjoy the storylines of MGS, and the gameplay has generally been ahead of its time. Playing MGS1 on the PS1, I was surprised at how decent it looked compared to any other PS1 game in my collection.

I've spent nine hours playing MGS 4 today (good old uni summer holidays :P, this game is amazing. Cut scenes are long as usual but they are for the most part gripping, i'm not going to go into detail as to the plotline as i wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone but all i'll say is that the first boss, laughing octopus is a pain in the you know what! to beat, finding the damn thing is hard bit. The new controls are quite good and the fact that Snake has an ipod that you can listen to while sneaking around is a nice touch.

the first boss, laughing octopus is a pain in the you know what! to beat,

I remember the first metal gear game had a boss (think it was called physco mantis - could be wrong) that would dodge all your attacks because it knew what you were doing. It would also read from your memory card and comment on the games you had been playing.

To beat it you had to plug the controller into port 2 and it wouldn't be able to read your moves.

Which I thought was very smart.

I've spent nine hours playing MGS 4 today (good old uni summer holidays :P, this game is amazing. Cut scenes are long as usual but they are for the most part gripping, i'm not going to go into detail as to the plotline as i wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone but all i'll say is that the first boss, laughing octopus is a pain in the you know what! to beat, finding the damn thing is hard bit. The new controls are quite good and the fact that Snake has an ipod that you can listen to while sneaking around is a nice touch.

Just played this boss myself. I found that turning on the infrared night vision with the solid eye solved that little problem as she would show up clearly as a white heat source! Twas very easy after that.

The cut scene where you first see raiden and his moves. Forget the matrix, this was awesome.

I thought i'd played the best game this year with GTA - this is different but just as well done.

Question for those that have this - Can you pause the cut scenes?

I ask because its always when I am in the middle of a cut scence I need to pause (baby crying or Mrs calling or something) I have missed a couple of GTA ones because of it but with Metal Gear I feel that 1. You need to watch them to try and follow the story 2. They are great to look at and should be watched.

I will end up getting the game in the end either way but just curious to know.

Cheers

You can pause some of the cutscenes as far as i remember. I'm on the last Act now, i don't want to complete it just yet so i've just been playing MGOnline instead. You should be able to pause them all, i know the mission briefings you can pause them as i have done, you can also take control of the Mk. II and use that camera view and drive around the NOMAD.

The cutscenes are amazing, i've had over 100 flashbacks of the previous 3 games so far according to my game stats, they are a great added touch to the game.

Guest Kamy100
Thanks for the info :rolleyes:

To justify its purchase I need to finish GTA and Dark Sector first :(

Same here for GTA.

I am getting towards the end of it now, I think that I have 8 or 9 missions left and then I have finished it, although if I go back and complete the remaining side tasks (ie shooting 200 piegons etc.) then I think i'l still be playing it this time next year!!!

Going to be buy MGS although have never got into any of the previous ones so may not like this one either, I found the previous ones involved too much Stealth Play which annoyed the hell out of me. However will give the new one a chance as am told it gets the balance between Stealth Play and Action just about right.

Kamy, iv not played it in a stealth like way, I have been running around killing anything that moves :P I always do it that way first time round and then i'll play it in a stealth like way second time on European Extreme mode if its on the new game, normally have to unlock it by completing it first with prevous games. I've been stealth like where need be thus far, but the fact that you can customise your weapons means you can go running round shooting anything and everything if need be, plus there is always loads of rations availible so I think on normal mode thus far, i've had Snake die twice and I am on the last act.

The cut-scenes alone in this game make it worth buying, I am a big MGS fan but i never expected the game to be this good, i cannot say anything bad about the game unlock any other game i've played. Its easy to tell why it has been delayed and delayed, the amount of detail in the game is amazing. I turned my PS3 on at 2 on Sunday and didn't do a thing with Snake until nearly 2:45 as it were all cut-scenes and i didn't find myself getting bored or annoyed with not doing anything. The storyline is a bit complex like always with MGS but its worth following.

Its really hard to talk about the game without giving away any of the story.

Guest Kamy100
Kamy, iv not played it in a stealth like way, I have been running around killing anything that moves :P I always do it that way first time round and then i'll play it in a stealth like way second time on European Extreme mode if its on the new game, normally have to unlock it by completing it first with prevous games. I've been stealth like where need be thus far, but the fact that you can customise your weapons means you can go running round shooting anything and everything if need be, plus there is always loads of rations availible so I think on normal mode thus far, i've had Snake die twice and I am on the last act.

The cut-scenes alone in this game make it worth buying, I am a big MGS fan but i never expected the game to be this good, i cannot say anything bad about the game unlock any other game i've played. Its easy to tell why it has been delayed and delayed, the amount of detail in the game is amazing. I turned my PS3 on at 2 on Sunday and didn't do a thing with Snake until nearly 2:45 as it were all cut-scenes and i didn't find myself getting bored or annoyed with not doing anything. The storyline is a bit complex like always with MGS but its worth following.

Its really hard to talk about the game without giving away any of the story.

Thanks for that.

I don't mind the cut scenes, especially if they are well done.

Hopefully finish GTA very soon and then i'll be able to get into MGS!!

They are definately well done cut scenes. Wish they could make another one for the PS3 but they have already said that this is going to be the last one they'll make :( It's a shame really because they have really raised the bar here and with the way developers keep getting more and more out of the PS3 I would love to see how much better they could make this.

But with the addition of MGOnline, it has made it the complete game anyway. It is so addictive playing online, its a totally different game online. I never played the BETA demo of it, so I didn't know what to expect of it, but I am really impressed. Only thing I do not like about it is when I get stuck on a Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch on it with a load of geeks that obviously have nothing better to do than live on the game online and have levelled up their character so that they can snipe more accurately, use RPG's etc. Its annoying because as soon as you get respawned you get killed again :@

Archived