BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Metal Gear Solid 4

Guest Kamy100

Cocker, you can definitely pause cutscenes, it just brings up a 2 option menu of "continue" or "skip".

Not had a decent go this week will be letting rip on Act 3 and beyond on Friday. I have heard that it is quite short but I have only just completed Act 2 and I have been playing for quite some time (bearing in mind I watch all the cutscenes).

MGS & GTA = Games of the year. I just hope they can make more games with this standard of quality.

I tend to do it the stealth way. Generally using night vision even during day and using the silenced pistol to headshot people works well. As it stands, People killed: 402. Headshots: 362.

The suit is just great. Hideo Kojima is one hell of a guy.

Sorry but this game lost my interest at the demo. Took an age to download, a further age to update to version 1.01, and then it wanted usernames, passwords and game codes from a website ill equipped to deal with the demand. I bought a console to play games, not ###### around with patches and usernames... Shame because I enjoyed the one on the PS1. Sons of Liberty went a bit long winded, and I completely missed the jungle one.

Sorry but this game lost my interest at the demo. Took an age to download, a further age to update to version 1.01, and then it wanted usernames, passwords and game codes from a website ill equipped to deal with the demand. I bought a console to play games, not ###### around with patches and usernames... Shame because I enjoyed the one on the PS1. Sons of Liberty went a bit long winded, and I completely missed the jungle one.

Thats a shame. Never played the demo, you dont get any of those issues in the full version.

Just completed the thing, imo its one of the best interactive experieneces on the PS3.

To be fair, the demo was only for the online game and not the single player game. In this day and age many people expect a game to have online multiplayer attached however I couldn't care about the online for GTA/Drakes Fortune (and to throw one in for you Oblivion) and I am not too bothered about the online for this one either.

Dont give up just because they made the online demo download over complicated - you could be missing out on a gem.

On a side note, i see the new system update was made availible this morning. I cannot wait to use Snakes iPod on the battlefield with custom soundtracks off of the PS3 hard-drive.

On a side note, i see the new system update was made availible this morning. I cannot wait to use Snakes iPod on the battlefield with custom soundtracks off of the PS3 hard-drive.

You will be waiting for that then. The new update dosent do much more than security. Its the next update that will do the in game XMB and trophies.

FFS :( I were under the impression this update were to do that. Needed to get the update done before saturday when i go back home and won't be able to get access to online through my PS3, stupid Kingston Communications and their Speed-Touch filters don't allow it to connect :( .

Am I correct in thinking, I can just download it onto a pen-drive though through my laptop?

FFS :( I were under the impression this update were to do that. Needed to get the update done before saturday when i go back home and won't be able to get access to online through my PS3, stupid Kingston Communications and their Speed-Touch filters don't allow it to connect :( .

Am I correct in thinking, I can just download it onto a pen-drive though through my laptop?

Here is what the new update does (not much like I said)

Also, if you want to download it to your pen drive and install from that you can

Also, Mod hat on - can we talk more about this in the PS3 thread and not the MGS one - Thanks

Just completed it.

Definatley the best game I have played so far - story line is immense.

My end of game stats (for those interested)

Game Time - 17 hours 23 minutes (I dont think this includes cut scenes)

Continues - 13

Alert Phases - 39

Emblems - Hawk, Pig, Centipede and Lonster

What about kills/headshots ratio?

I have played through Acts 1 and 2 twice (don't ask) and tried different approaches. In the "stealthy" approach I got something like 90% of all kills were headshots but when I tried the "charge and spray" method, it was closer to 40%. Also noticeable that I died less by using the stealthy approach. ;)

WARNING - LANGUAGE miiight be a bit "grown up"/NSFW....

MGS4 review by Yatzee

Pretty damn accurate I'd say.

Have said it before I love the Yatzee reviews. I even go there every Wednesday for the latest installment. Couldnt watch this though because I thought it might spoil the story.

For those that dont understand, he is taking the mick out of the games on purpose - loads of people seem to write in to him complaining :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Stuck it on for the first time tonight and - well - not very impressed so far.

After an 8 min install and around 15 minute vid I finally get to do something be to be honest I am not entirely sure what I am doing before another cut scene kicks in. When I get to play again lots of things are going on but I feel like I am walking through the game rather than playing it. I have decided that the stealth is much kop what with the camo suit not really doing much and when you hide they seem to see you anyway. Even if you take some enemies down more just respawn anyway so whats the point?

I have been on it for 2 hours tonight and nothing has happened. I hope something kicks in soon to change my mind because I am feeling let down.

Of course my grumblings could just be me playing the game really REALLY badly - and this could very well be the case so i will persevere and may even start over (forwarding through the cut scenes that I have sat through)

(What the hell is with the game show vid at the start anyway?)

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry all of you Metal Gear lovers but I took mine back to the shop today to exhange. I just couldnt sit through another cut scene. I like playing games and not watching them so had to wave bye bye to this one - there wasnt even anything out that I really wanted but just had to get rid because I knew that I wouldnt play it again.

Guest Kamy100

That is not good to hear, I haven't played it yet, was thinking of picking it up over the next week or so. I may hire it first and take it from there.

That is not good to hear, I haven't played it yet, was thinking of picking it up over the next week or so. I may hire it first and take it from there.

Really dont let me put you off. Its probably like marmite - you either will love it or hate it. Dont get me wrong it looks lovely but the limited game time I get I just want to play the game and not watch loads of films. I could have lived with a couple but it seems like every other thing you do is watch a big film. Even when your actually playing the game you spend half the time sat still just waiting for someone to move so that you can walk past them. I know many will laugh at me for this because after all its metal gear and this is what you do but I loved metal gear 1 - and didnt play the rest but expected a bit of gameplay in this but I just couldnt bear to go on - like I say though it was a shame for such a lovely looking game.

If you hire it and play through the first couple of acts and like it then probably buy it because thats what the rest of the game is. If you dont like the first couple of acts then nothing further down the line will change your mind (from what I played anyway)

Archived