BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's very few realistic good candiates.

Big Sam would do a decent job but would be dire to watch.

Sven would struggle without a pot of money (and if we do have one why the hell didn't we give it to Hughes)

Coppell did an ok job with reading - got them relegated later rather than the much suspected sooner - but isn't really that ambitious a name or of the level we should be looking at.

My word there aren't any decent realistic coaches out there. Flopsy's list is bang on, though missed out McClown. It's looking like a grim summer.

There must be quite a few who would like to follow in Mark's footsteps and look to achieving more. If as likely Mark takes all his staff there are all those to replace too. It looks like being a busier summer than we expected.

I can't see the Board allowing any players to go without the agreement of a new manager either.

I doubt we would be high profile enough for Bilic.

High profile?

7th best team in england :rover:

Bilic is in the exact same situation as Hughes was when we took him. He is at his first job in management(only been there 2 years) and i can't see it getting a lot better for Croatia in the period he will be in charge. He knows the premiership and probably the player market quite well by now.

For the muppet who suggested Cotterill why dont you add John Bond and Jimmy Mullen to the list !!

Why on earth do we bother with comments like that you bloody clown :angry:

Rovers will not have their pick of european coaches either, lets get that straight away.

There are NOT a lot of up and coming coaches from the lesser leagues, I am not sure Ince would fit our criteria just yet. Davies is a nono, Coppell has just gone down, Dowie is out of it, Johnson is not the type of manager that can progress Rovers.

In Jockland, there is only Strachan that could be considered suitable but would he leave his cushy green seat for the Ewood hotseat?

Jol has just landed a new job at Hamburg so he is out.

Riikaard wont come, were not big enough.

Advocaat is for me the best option if we can prize him away from Zenit.

Advocaat is for me the best option if we can prize him away from Zenit.

Sorry, but no. After his race related comments he is a non-runner for me. If anyone seriously wouldn't buy a season-ticket because of Diouf coming here then they should burn down the stadium if he's in charge.

Newell hasn't done that much and certainly hasn't the experience of managing stars.

Coleman's done ok but has hardly set the world alight - certainly a safe option but hardly of the caliber of Hughes.

Ince again might be a decent appointment but a lack of experience managing top stars and of the premier league may hinder him.

Jol - 16m on Bent says it all. And doubts over the teams fitness.

Bilic if we could get him - though I doubt we could - would be my vote. or Jose, but again we'd never get near either of them.

Are there any promising managers abroad who our overseas members think might be worth a punt.

Are you havin a laugh?

No. Not much to laugh about at the moment.

Mowbray's a young, ambitious manager who plays football the right way and has been relatively successful at every club he's managed at so far. I think he would see us as a step up from West Brom, and he's used to operating within a tight budget.

I can't think of too many other managers who tick all those boxes.

Are you havin a laugh?

To be fair, he has put together a decent WBA team who try to play football.

His signings haven't looked too bad either. I imagine WBA'd want a fair bit of compo though, but I guess we should be getting similar from Man City, Chelsea, etc.

What an absolute nightmare, MAN CITY?????? FFS!

Ive been saying Paul Ince for a while, but his abrasive nature may cut it with awestruck league 2 players but in the Premier League I dont know.

My major worry just now though is the players that coild follow him through the door- Bentley, Santa Cruz, Warnock, Nelsen, Samba who knows?

I am really Bu**ered off why is it whenever a player (or a manager) of ours has a good run of form we are always the ones who have the players linked (Mccarthy, Pedersen, Bentley) well if they want to move they can B*gger off. Why if you've already got enough money to buy anything (50k a week salary) would you want an even bigger salary. :angry:

but in temrs of new managers Roberto Martinez anyone?

Guest Kamy100

From what I have read Tony Adams would be my first choice. After his last stint as manager of Wycombe he totally re-evaluated his approach, he travelled around Europe visiting all the major clubs to learn about their coaching tecniques and he is now very highly rated by Wenger and also Redknapp.

We are the 7th best team in the best football league in the world! Why the hell should we go for unexperienced "managers" like Shearer and Ince?! Williams should look for a manager who have a clear football strategy (something Hughes lacks) and who will go for players that fit into a certain style of play.

Archived