BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Poll.

Allardyce as manager?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: supporters are for life,i would never support another football team but watching big sams style off football week in week out is not for me,he would last 3 seasons max then i would be back,remenber i am one off the few who can remenber JIM ILEY :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Are youi trying to give me nightmares. :angry2:

I keep changing my mind. And now I'm just not sure.

His record is good. But his beloved "percentage game" violates my ideals on football. But then, at least he has a game, unlike Steve McClaren.

Oh, I don't know! Let's just appoint Paul Ince, wrap a bloodied bandage round his head and hope for the best.

:wacko:

Voted NO because of his previous record for boring, route one football.

If the board did employ him we would have to go along with their decision and give him a chance I suppose but I cant help but feel thousands would be sat with their head in hands come matchday...........

WHAT A F'KIN SITUATION THIS IS! :(

Allardyce has no qualification to be Rovers manager.

What?!

His final four years at Bolton read:

8th

6th

8th

7th

That's two European qualifications, there was also a cup final appearance in there.

I don't particularly like the man, I'm not ecstatic about the prospect of him joining, but his record is immense. Lets be honest, if we take footballing achievements solely in to consideration, then he is the ideal candidate because all that was achieved at a club smaller than ours.

With all the talk of takeovers etc. we desperately need someone who can keep us competing in the top half on a small budget, otherwise we'll cease to become an attractive opposition for potential investors. Who else can offer us some form of guarantee that this will happen?

If he comes then I'll get behind him, his record deserves that much at least.

apart from a poll how is this thread different than the one I got locked?

NO TO SAM OR SACK THE MAC

It was done after someone else asked, but also with you in mind. Don't you want it now? Every time we do something - you moan.

Oh, and it is a bit different to a "sign here if you don't want fatsam" topic.

Season ticket goes, memorabilia goes, shirts get burnt really really ###### off. You know me Waggy its Lynda hubby Alan have met at Rovers functions and you may have visited us at home.

:rover: VOTED NO,but i am seriously worried many posters have voted yes,i would be down to ewood and ask for a refund on my season ticket right away.players and managers come and go,supporters are for life!!!but there is no way i could stomach a season off HOOF IT,WIN A CORNER,WIN A THROW IN FOOTBALL :brfcsmilie:

i voted no, but the thing is when we get our compo from city, we dont really want to be spending it on compo to another club for their manager. this leaves people currently oot of a job, and unfortunately of the ones not working alladyce seems to be the best of bad lot

Would not renew my Season Ticket for next season if Allardyce is hired. From the debate I can see how he might be useful for us but for me I don't totally warm to him and most definitely hate the style of football he employs.

Like previously with Hughes we should go for the fresh approach. We will have an attractive proposition for a lot of managers with a big transfer budget along with a stable, well organised and well run club.

If Bilic becomes available and would be interested we should snap him up.

What?!

His final four years at Bolton read:

8th

6th

8th

7th

That's two European qualifications, there was also a cup final appearance in there.

I don't particularly like the man, I'm not ecstatic about the prospect of him joining, but his record is immense. Lets be honest, if we take footballing achievements solely in to consideration, then he is the ideal candidate because all that was achieved at a club smaller than ours.

With all the talk of takeovers etc. we desperately need someone who can keep us competing in the top half on a small budget, otherwise we'll cease to become an attractive opposition for potential investors. Who else can offer us some form of guarantee that this will happen?

If he comes then I'll get behind him, his record deserves that much at least.

In my book Lechuck a qualification means you've won something - either as a player or manager. That puts him way behind Souness and Hughes.

Archived