BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Poll.

Allardyce as manager?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager?

• Yes
    • No.

YES, YES, YES.

FAT SAM IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. A TRUE TOP FLIGHT MANAGER WHO GETS THE BEST OUT OF WHATS AT HIS DISPOSAL. IF YOU ARE SAYING NO, NO, NO YOU NEED YOUR HEAD EXAMINING.

BIG FAT SAM'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe all you so called fans threatening to ask for refunds or not renew season tickets.

Whoever ends up as manager deserves support from every Rovers fan, whether you like him or not.

Stop acting like spoilt effin kids.

I can't believe all you so called fans threatening to ask for refunds or not renew season tickets.

Whoever ends up as manager deserves support from every Rovers fan, whether you like him or not.

Stop acting like spoilt effin kids.

QUITE RIGHT SPOILT TO THE CORE AND THEIR GREED WILL DRAG THE CLUB TO RUIN.

IN MR. WILLIAMS I TRUST.

So, according to some all of a sudden Rovers no longer have a choice?

Big Sam, ideally a very large NO, if JW appoints then he'll get my full support (AS LONG AS the spitting Llama and fat blokes Davies and Nolan do not appear in Blue & White EVER!)

p.s. Still shell shocked, okay Chelski, you can see the lure but a massive club like City with their fans, post Sven & their owner WTF is going on !!!????

big sam is used to having a few big'ish name players long after their ambitions beyond money have gone and big clubs would'nt touch them! He's going(it is a certainty he's signing now) into a club with bentley aleady offski probably with andre, and the likes of roque for certain and to a lesser extent warnock and pedersen interesting richer clubs.......Can't see us binning off the likes of roberts and axe anymore probably his type of players.....Fully expect Dunn to be given cold shoulder for binning bolton off though. The timing stinks i'd much prefer this in september or october when the window is shut and hughes has trimmed and shaped the squad.....fat sams signings last summer were woeful to say the least, and thats when he had money.......Back to the way i'd grown used to supporting rovers i.e constantly trying to think of 3 teams i know for sure are worse than us, i actually got carried away with the whole 4th place thing for a few seconds this season...goddammit this is deflating!

He is a sexual tyrannosaurus and you will do well to remember that. His gum chewing and superb dress sense only add to the aura of raw power and manliness that oozes with every movement.

And he plays darts.

I have a friend of a friend who used to be trained by Allardyce years ago and has nothing but praise for his engaging, thoughtful and interesting training methods.

The blind opposition to Allardyce is something you'd expect from Spurs fans.

Had to say yes as he is probably the most able of the candidates being discussed.

Hate his football but he might change - please, please!

However, back John Williams, he will earn his corn again.

He is a sexual tyrannosaurus and you will do well to remember that. His gum chewing and superb dress sense only add to the aura of raw power and manliness that oozes with every movement.

I voted NO because he spits his gum on the pitch. The hallowed turf of Ewood deserves better than that :blink:

I voted "Yes" but not my first choice. (And don't ask me about first choices; there are several but this thread is about BFS)

But his CV as a successful Premier League manager is very impressive.

I don't care if he's not attractive to women (NB Gumboots). I never agreed with the press about Bolton's "hoof it" football just as I didn't agree with them labelling us as dirty bullyboys. I thought that Bolton and us (and Everton as well) played "strong-but-fair football.

If after interviews it came to a choice between, say, BFS and Mike Newell. who would you rather have?

I know who my choice would be.

In my book Lechuck a qualification means you've won something - either as a player or manager. That puts him way behind Souness and Hughes.

What has winning something as player got to do with it? :blink:

I suspect you know it has no relevance at all, but have thrown it in anyway so I couldn't retort with "what about Hughes?".

Is there anyway this poll can be reset.

It would be interesting to see if any views have changed.

1. Be mighty interesting to see the response if it was placed on a Bolton board.

2. I wonder what the figures would be if Mark Hughes was the subject of the poll today.

Is there anyway this poll can be reset.

It would be interesting to see if any views have changed.

Balls to that, why would it change? Majority of us dont want Allardyce and half the ones that voted 'yes' did so with misgivings. He's a corrupt, predictable, moaning fat numpty and we might as well ask Mike Bassett himself if we want BFS. I'm not being hysterical or over reacting, if we go from having a shrewd, promising young manager to an embezzeling, old, sign-past-it-players-on-massive-contracts, long ball playing muppet then there is something wrong!

ANYONE BUT SAM!

I would prefer Ince or Bilic but voted "yes" and am astounded by the ferocity of the opposition to sam.

As the nodrog says the Panorama programme supposedly about him was an absolute waste of air time and nothing should be held against him in that respect.

As Paul M. also says however it would be difficult for him to succeed with a large section of the support so opposed to his appointment.

Above all else, I'd prefer talks with Citeh to go horribly wrong and Sparky to end up back at Rovers.

Although we probably would be going through the same routine again if say Curbishley got sacked another "massive" job like West Ham came up unless the Trustees relaxed the pursestrings.

and am astounded by the ferocity of the opposition to sam.

I voted No because:

I don't like Allardyce as a personality (the manager's image in relation to the club is important to me)

I always think he presents himself as a 1950s spiv - would you buy a used car from this man?

On the few occassions I watched Bolton their football was dire and they had an image of being a boring percentage team

Some of his signings have been very unpleasant characters

Many of his signings were has beens.

Newcastle may well have gone down under Sam

On the other hand:

Many who know much more about th game than I have a great deal of respect for Allardyce

While I didn't understand it he was a serious contender for England so he must have ability?

Bolton's league position in the last 4 season's matched ours

Bolton had no money

On balance I would prefer it if we didn't appoint Allardyce BUT I trust Williams and if he thinks Allardyce is the man to manage Rovers that is good enough for me

Archived