BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Poll.

Allardyce as manager?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager?

• Yes
    • No.

I have a friend of a friend who used to be trained by Allardyce years ago and has nothing but praise for his engaging, thoughtful and interesting training methods.

The blind opposition to Allardyce is something you'd expect from Spurs fans.

I heard that too, HOWEVER, that was a while ago my friend and since then? The Barcodes showed his limits in terms of his own decision to go there, his management of the situation over the BBC's false bung claims and his management of the press, the players and the club.

Come on, do you seriously think the Newcastle situation has put him in a good light? His signings were complete pish! They would have been relegated had he stayed there!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main reason for supporting him seems to be he has done okay with Bolton with no money. We do have more money than Bolton and as most of our asset value is tied up with being a premiership club I would fully suspect the trustees to find money to keep us in it - for their sake if nothing else.

BFS is not the person I would want to be spending any serious money..

Why have over 74 people said 'yes' in this poll?

Are we all suffering from memory loss?

Look what he did at Newcastle.

Just remember how he totally changed their playing style

Just remember how his ego drove him to blame the board for not backing him with enough cash, even though he spent MILLIONS

Just remember how he blamed the poor overall quality of the team after another dismal result when he had actually signed SIX of the players on the pitch

Just remember his arrogance when all the bar codes were singing 'you dont know what you're doing'

Just remember how he blamed everything but himself for his failure at Newcastle

Just remember how many jobe he has been linked with since - NONE

Forget about what he did at Bolton - thats history (and only mediocre history at that)

Go away and pester someone else for a job Allardyce.

One Love - BRFC

I don't see it like that.

Allardyce had Newcastle sitting in a pretty steady 11th or so. A finish like that would have been a solid if unspectacular season and given them something to build on.

Allardyce is the sort of manager who needs time to structure a club, the fitness, tactics and the personnel to his system. Showed it at Bolton that once he left a lot of the systems in place there crumbled. Newcastle should have had patience and stuck with him, he was the ideal manager to take some time to end their joke club reputation with.

From last nights Guardian Fiver

And the "crowds" that attend Blackeye Rovers matches will dwindle even

further once Big Sam brings his unique brand of puke football to

Ewood Park

Pretty much sums things up really. We accepted backs to wall negative football under Hughes at first because it was needed and we had to stay up at all costs. We've moved on from that style of football but Allardyce hasn't. I can't believe some of the people who are advocating him were some of Souness' biggest critics. Many of Souey's worst traits are also Fattys. Arrogant to the extreme, did you read his interview about the Newcastle players not embracing his methods.

He came out with stuff like he couldn't care less what they thought as he knew what was best for them much better than they did. Whilst that maybe true in some respects it's hardly going to get the players on side is it? Bully boy tactics like that may work in a dressing room full of players who are just happy to be there but if you want to attract and keep players who need a bit more then you have no chance.

He did a good job at Bolton but many of their fans were unhappy and felt he had ran his course and were sick of his style of football. I can't ever imagine i'd be happy seeing us pumping long balls in and playing percentages in the way he advocated.

for god's sake dont do it lads.

he's ###### awful.

in his defence i think if the takeover hadnt happened a week after his start i think we would have seen some very different signing s from the ones he made (transfers were put on hold whilst they sorted the boardroom/finances out and so he missed out on a lot of his top targets), but going to derby to defend and then playing for a draw at home against them is just plain awful.

and they are only two expamles of the many, many puzzling choices he made at our place.

apart from spurs at home i really cant remember us playing well under him.

you play some nice stuff as it is now, but believe me, he'll change that.

i

It is vital that we sustain our premiership status. If we gamble on an unknown now we could jeopardise that. As we have clearly seen under Hughes the line between being a bottom club and being a top ten team is very fine, Hughes first full season where we finished sixth graphically illustrated this to us.

Allardyce knows that this club does not need turning around and that there are no excuses. He has a proven track record and will sustain us as a premiership top ten club. Whilst the money in football is so big this is where we must remain. The chairman is absolutely right to talk to Allardyce, he is without any doubt the outstanding candidate.

jb02760.jpg

This is were we've come in twenty years thanks to Jack and the premiership, lets no jeopardise it because of silly prejudices.

The chairman is absolutely right to talk to Allardyce

From your point of view it's a shame he isn't then!

We've all seen it before. A manager does well with a club for many years, moves on to bigger things, then his old club falter and go down. This is then followed by the manager doing awful at most of the clubs he goes to.

We've all seen it before. A manager does well with a club for many years, moves on to bigger things, then his old club falter and go down. This is then followed by the manager doing awful at most of the clubs he goes to.

It's a good job he got all those points for Newcastle in the first half of the season or guess where they'd be?

Why have over 74 people said 'yes' in this poll?

Are we all suffering from memory loss?

Look what he did at Newcastle.

Just remember how he totally changed their playing style

Just remember how his ego drove him to blame the board for not backing him with enough cash, even though he spent MILLIONS

Just remember how he blamed the poor overall quality of the team after another dismal result when he had actually signed SIX of the players on the pitch

Just remember his arrogance when all the bar codes were singing 'you dont know what you're doing'

Just remember how he blamed everything but himself for his failure at Newcastle

Just remember how many jobe he has been linked with since - NONE

Forget about what he did at Bolton - thats history (and only mediocre history at that)

Go away and pester someone else for a job Allardyce.

One Love - BRFC

so all those who said yes have memory loss hahaha

how can you even judge a managers job for 8months over a job he had for years..

your saying his bolton history was mediocre-that is pretty funny actually-after he established bolton in the premierleague he got them 8th with a carling cup final..season after finished 6th, season after that 8th again-all this on a limited budget.

when there was talk of sven goran eriksson was leaving-sam allardyce was linked to the england job-and rightly so, the job he did at bolton was brilliant..

i think your the one suffering memory loss.

It's a good job he got all those points for Newcastle in the first half of the season or guess where they'd be?

I'm not saying Keegan was the answer to there problem, the opposite in fact.

BFS failed to motivate the players and get them playing decent football. His record was average but if he had stayed on they probably would have been in a similar position to the one you just mentioned, but equally he could have pulled them all together and got them ahead of us.

The poll is going well 71% against BFS!

There's a time for managers like Allardyce, and that's when you're fighting for your lives in the bottom half of the table. Rovers are a good side, we don't need a manager like him, not now. He's a ranter and a raver, he gets the best out of average groups of players, Rovers are better than Allardyce. Do you not remember how his Bolton sides set up against us? One up front, dive, cheat and spit, anything except play football. I bet he remembers, because that's how we will set up against Bolton next season if he gets the nod.

Archived