BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stepping Stone Or Mersonaries

Well here goes.... It's all that - but mainly it's the fans that make the football club. The club resides in Blackburn and is undoubtedly the greatest asset the town has and has been for a number of years (then again there is that bridge going up and all that rubble in the town centre for competition) not only that but most of our fans come from Blackburn as well - or did do at one point.

When WE, not Benni or Roque or Brad, WE score a goal I generally celebrate like a nutter. It doesn't matter who has scored - he's wearing blue and white halves and could come from Saturn for all I care. He has scored a goal for Blackburn Rovers. He might want to sod off to Man City or Everton, obviously bettering themsleves immeasurably in the process, but keep it to yourself and try your best every single match and I can accept that.

The club might be owned by people in Jersey in our instance (or further afar for a lot of other clubs, but who cares about them?). The one constant is the fans. For most, from a very early age you pick your team your going to support, hopefully most will pick their local team, of course more and more will no doubt pick one of the top four (but again who cares about them?). Personally I only chose the Rovers when I was 11 - or rather they chose me when we moved here. I love 'em to bits (I've not had a drop I should point out at this stage!)

The Rovers

Ewood Park

Blue and White Halves

The Blackburn End

The Riverside

Nuttall Street

All unique. Our ours. All say more to me about supporting the club than any individual ever has (with the exception of possibly Jack Walker who probably should be in the above list but let's not split hairs right now).

Players come and players go, we've done pretty well when it comes to "loyalty" recently (Tugay, Brad). It makes little odds though. Whilst we'd all like to see Roque up front next season, and I'd be bitterly disappointed if he sods off to Old Trafford, that's just the way it goes. It's crap. But football is crap isn't it? Support one of the top four or be prepared to be bitterly disappointed on a regular basis.

Stoke and Hull rejoice as they get promoted. Anyone wonder what they'll be doing in 12 months? Like I said it's crap isn't it? Boring and predictable.

BUT it's the best this town has to offer by a country mile and whatever happens I'm proud to be a Rovers fan. I'm not trying to be corny (I'll not post one of those Blue and White smiley kit things at this point just in case it devalues what I'm trying to say). Boring and predictable. A bit like most of us - we'll be back next season hoping that we can be top 10 again, hoping to win a cup again, but most of all just being there at Ewood Park supporting Blackburn Rovers.

bob, that was just wonderful!

Brilliant.

I'll third that, are you reading shillito, BRFC is not about individual players/managers its about tradition, history and supporters.

BRFC the most sucessfull town club in history, Mark Hughes and Alan Shearer did a good job, so have many more in BRFC history,

We are lucky to have witnessed these people work for our club, like many supporters in the past.

They have all made a contribution to the unique football club that is Blackburn Rovers.

:rover:

Once again Bob, thats a mighty fine account of what being a Rovers fan is all about.

Thats exactly the kind of thing I tried to explain toa City mate of mine as he took the proverbial about just how much money they have got to throw at superstar players.

Now City have some fine fans but they have their fair share of tools. What they dont have is people like us :brfcsmilie:

Well here goes.... It's all that - but mainly it's the fans that make the football club. The club resides in Blackburn and is undoubtedly the greatest asset the town has and has been for a number of years (then again there is that bridge going up and all that rubble in the town centre for competition) not only that but most of our fans come from Blackburn as well - or did do at one point.

When WE, not Benni or Roque or Brad, WE score a goal I generally celebrate like a nutter. It doesn't matter who has scored - he's wearing blue and white halves and could come from Saturn for all I care. He has scored a goal for Blackburn Rovers. He might want to sod off to Man City or Everton, obviously bettering themsleves immeasurably in the process, but keep it to yourself and try your best every single match and I can accept that.

The club might be owned by people in Jersey in our instance (or further afar for a lot of other clubs, but who cares about them?). The one constant is the fans. For most, from a very early age you pick your team your going to support, hopefully most will pick their local team, of course more and more will no doubt pick one of the top four (but again who cares about them?). Personally I only chose the Rovers when I was 11 - or rather they chose me when we moved here. I love 'em to bits (I've not had a drop I should point out at this stage!)

The Rovers

Ewood Park

Blue and White Halves

The Blackburn End

The Riverside

Nuttall Street

All unique. Our ours. All say more to me about supporting the club than any individual ever has (with the exception of possibly Jack Walker who probably should be in the above list but let's not split hairs right now).

Players come and players go, we've done pretty well when it comes to "loyalty" recently (Tugay, Brad). It makes little odds though. Whilst we'd all like to see Roque up front next season, and I'd be bitterly disappointed if he sods off to Old Trafford, that's just the way it goes. It's crap. But football is crap isn't it? Support one of the top four or be prepared to be bitterly disappointed on a regular basis.

Stoke and Hull rejoice as they get promoted. Anyone wonder what they'll be doing in 12 months? Like I said it's crap isn't it? Boring and predictable.

BUT it's the best this town has to offer by a country mile and whatever happens I'm proud to be a Rovers fan. I'm not trying to be corny (I'll not post one of those Blue and White smiley kit things at this point just in case it devalues what I'm trying to say). Boring and predictable. A bit like most of us - we'll be back next season hoping that we can be top 10 again, hoping to win a cup again, but most of all just being there at Ewood Park supporting Blackburn Rovers.

that's a good answer, yeah. Worth pondering about.

Archived