BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Shearer Poll.

Alan Shearer  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of Alan Shearer as manager?

• Yes
    • Not sure
    • No.

Not insular at all . Just a perfectly logical view on the chances of a foreign manager having a lengthy tenure at the backwater that is Blackburn .

Perhaps you could persuade me that a Tencate or an Advocaat would be more likely to stay longer at Ewood than , for example , an Allardyce or an Ince .

I won't hold my breath .... :closedeyes:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not insular at all . Just a perfectly logical view on the chances of a foreign manager having a lengthy tenure at the backwater that is Blackburn .

Perhaps you could persuade me that a Tencate or an Advocaat would be more likely to stay longer at Ewood than , for example , an Allardyce or an Ince .

I won't hold my breath .... :closedeyes:

That shouldn't be a big factor in who we appoint.

We should appoint whoever is most likely to succeed, everything else is secondary.

I would rather we appoint a HTC or Advocaat, they do a good job for us and then leave after two years to pastures new (with compensation etc) , rather than we appoint an Ince, he leads us down the table in his first major job experience and then is fired after 18 months.

First option we'd be in a far better position to appoint subsequent managers than the second.

Martin O'Neill was zero risk for Villa. Well, it's easy to say in hindsight but I just could not envisage him mucking up. However, there aren't any Martin O'Neills available for us.

thats bollux tbh, ANY new manager at a club IS a risk.Hows about giving me the numbers of the lottery for the weekend as you can NEVER tell how its gong to pan out.Not saying that Oneill is bad ,just that its always a "hope we got it right" thought from any board.Hindsight is wonderful.Whoever we appoint 5 wins to start and we will be saying what a good manager 5 losses and it will be what the shag was our boeard thinking of appointing this idiot and this place will be "told you nahnah neeenah.

Hows about giving me the numbers of the lottery for the weekend as you can NEVER tell how its gong to pan out.

Since you're so keen on using the lottery analogy..

You're in a lottery where you win money just for getting one ball right.

You know that certain balls are biased to come out more than others, you don't know which ones. However, you've seen the results of the last 50 draws and seen which balls come out more.

One of your choices is 8, a ball which has a strange tendency of coming out almost every week (sure it may not be biased but it's fair to assume it probably is).

The other one of your choices is 50, which has just been added to the draw that week. You have no idea whether it's got a bias towards it or not.

Which one would you choose?

not 50 as its got 49 balls.

:wstu:

The other one of your choices is 50, which has just been added to the draw that week. You have no idea whether it's got a bias towards it or not.

And who says this is the National Lottery?

It's a hypothetical analogy which applies quite well to this situation, answer the question...

:wstu:

And who says this is the National Lottery?

It's a hypothetical analogy which applies quite well to this situation, answer the question...

answer what? I use same numbers every week and never win......

i mentioned the lottery as said o'neill was not a risk as if he was a clairvoyent,thats why i asked for the numbers.

answer what? I use same numbers every week and never win......

i mentioned the lottery as said o'neill was not a risk as if he was a clairvoyent,thats why i asked for the numbers.

The point of that analogy was that some managers are bigger risks than others though. You pick the lottery numbers every week but every ball has an equal chance of succeeding (ie coming out). Not every manager has an equal chance of succeeding, far from it.

Random question, how much did we get from citeh for hughes?

EDIT: £5M should have checked google before I posted lol

Also how come Shearer wasnt on MOTD for the Spain match? Day off or have they finally figured out his a big boring piece of wood?

Random question, how much did we get from citeh for hughes?

EDIT: £5M should have checked google before I posted lol

Also how come Shearer wasnt on MOTD for the Spain match? Day off or have they finally figured out his a big boring piece of wood?

He'll have got that boring piece of wood thing from Dalglish. Hopefully not the only thing he'll have learnt from him.

Let's get Big Sam in, the football will be crap but he gives great interviews.

I could see him just walking out if at any point he felt he wasn't getting enough financial support from the Board.

Or as soon as his beloved Newcastle came calling. I'm not sure about Shearer at all. He could take to management like a duck to water and form a strong coaching team with another ex-Rover in Newell. Then again, he could fail miserably as he has never managed a team before and Blackburn are the ones that suffer.

Apparently the list of names is down to six. Shearer's is obviously on there and hopefully the likes of Laudrup, Ten Cate, Bilic and Mancini are on there as well.

For me Shearer is dithering too much...There doesnt appear to be enough passion for the job coming from Shearer ...Rovers are are a great training ground for new managers starting off and if Shearer doesnt see that perhaps he hasnt enough knowse ..Howard Kendal,& Mark Hushes, have all got good trainning from us.....If he comes in half hearted,he will leave if it gets tough

The job should be given to someone who at least wants it...Think Sams ambitions might be the England job and this may be his last chance..Anyone with this type of ambition may be good for us even if only for a while....

Archived