BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Shearer Poll.

Alan Shearer  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of Alan Shearer as manager?

• Yes
    • Not sure
    • No.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shearer declines the invite for Rovers live on BBC.

Live at half time. Thank you Lineker for putting the question to him.

I don't think he'll ever go into club management, one thing's for sure, he'll not get offered a more stable club.

He was obviously all of a wobble so its a relef all round he's pulled out. Just hope he had the decency to say no to JW personally and that wasn't the first our Chairman got to know about it.

Another 40 candidates to knock out then!

Actually that is a very honorable decision by Shearer. It's obvious he doesn't want to use us as a steeping stone for Newcastle, and he's honest about it.

He can't be seriously thinking he could get Newcastle with no experience can he? He just wanted it offered to him with no competition and I'm not certain that he would have accepted it then.

Took a look at what managing in the Premiership meant and backed off, that's twice now he's avoided the chance to make a managerial mark in some form and I think the next opportunity will be a long time off.

Wpuld have been more honourable to exclude himself right at the start.

Good riddance, his loss is our gain.

Just disappointed that I will have to put up with him as a BBC pundit.

I thought the Beeb had lost MotD? He's hardly likely to be run off his feet there is he? Lets trump the fecker big time and leave him sat on his own bt getting Linekar and Hansen as management team. :lol:

I thought the Beeb had lost MotD? He's hardly likely to be run off his feet there is he? Lets trump the fecker big time and leave him sat on his own bt getting Linekar and Hansen as management team. :lol:

Well, following on from the comments some have made about season tickets and Allardyce - lets all send our TV Licences back!!!

At last the time-wasting-tyre-kicker has shown his true colours (Don't adjust your sets ..... he really is black-and-white). Lets get on with the job of appointing a real manager.

Incredibly surprised he's passed up on this opportunity, maybe he doesn't really want to be a manager after all.

I think the only chance he might possibly get in the future is Southampton, I can't see any Premiership club wanting him and the longer he stays out of the game, the more his stock drops.

The fool will never get a better opportunity than this. A top 10 club in the Premier League asks this guy, with no experience what so ever, if he wants the opportunity of a lifetime, and he says no ? Go figure.

Apparently he dont want to be a manager. In the words of Fleetwood Mac - "You can go Your own way". Moron.

Thank goodness! The worst appointment that could have been made has been avoided. Shearer shows no tactical insight in his TV role and if you go into a difficult job half-hearted, as he obviously is ,you will fail. Clearly just wants a job where he's given a shedload of cash - like a kid in sweetshop - with zero experience to date. Perhaps Newcastle are daft enough to do just that - they deserve each other.

Thank goodness! The worst appointment that could have been made has been avoided. Shearer shows no tactical insight in his TV role and if you go into a difficult job half-hearted, as he obviously is ,you will fail. Clearly just wants a job where he's given a shedload of cash - like a kid in sweetshop - with zero experience to date. Perhaps Newcastle are daft enough to do just that - they deserve each other.

More like some billionaire who buys LUFC or similar. He could do a KK on a club in a lower div with plenty of bundle. Money no object QPR would suit him down to the ground..... it's right across the road from the BeeB.

With you all the way, reality seems to be lost on some posters on here, as for Allardyce i'm with nicko on his assessment of the bloke.

Well, following on from the comments some have made about season tickets and Allardyce - lets all send our TV Licences back!!!

If only we could! Just look at this link (sorry, you'll have to visit a newcastle site). That has to be the most boring page in the world, Shearer reminds me of Father Stone from Father Ted.

As for his management hopes, he may one day walk in the Newcastle job. Then he'll mess it up and never get hired again. I think all managers should rise through the ranks, otherwise they dont have the right experience to put things right when things go wrong.

I was 50/50 about Shearer I must admit, even though deep down I knew it could be a disaster. The massive boost it would give the club was still in my mind. So I thought I would watch his punditry closely through the Euros and as an earlier poster stated, he offers nothing. Zero knowledge of players, actually I take it back always offering comments like 'this game is crap', as well as numerous platitudes and cliches. A marked constrast is when Martin O'Neill is at the side of him, deep tactical knowledge of players and tactics

NO

By the time Shearer found his feet we could be relegated!!

Great players dont always make great managers see Colin Hendry

Why gamble with our club. Even Hughes was a bit of a gamble at the time ( which turned out fantastically well ) but he had had some valuable experience with Wales.

Compare this with Alladyce, (not my favorite person ), but Alladyce's record suggests he would keep us in the premiership at least, probably in the top half, and quite possibly challenging for Europe.

I can't believe we are seriously considering Shearer and that there are so many in favour.

What a relief. If he had been serious about being a manager he would have bitten our hand off, and arm .

Whilst it is useful to get the right man for the job, the first thing is to ensure that you dont get the wrong man. Fingers crossed now that I hear that McClaren isn't in the running. hoping that the rest of the short list is sound

Archived