BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager Poll.

Your choice?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice as the next rovers manager.

• Shearer
    • Bilic
    • Ince
    • Pearce
    • Allardyce
    • McClaren
    • Mancini
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Advocaat
    • Avram Grant
    • Henk Ten Cate
    • Steve Coppell
    • Strachan
    • Berg
    • Houllier
    • Our saviour - Lee Grooby.

Apologies for messing up the last poll, but at least we might be a little nearer having a realistic list of names. It could be, of course, that the above list isn't a true reflection of the actual candidates, but it's pretty much as good a guess as we're going to get.

If I've missed anyone off the list, please tell me sooner, rather than later

Mancini lol, we're not chelsea. It would be some kind of miracle if he became our manager. We'd have pretend we're actually called manchester united or something. The only way i'd let shearer in our setup is if he was assistant to someone more experienced. I have to admit though a Shearer/Newell combination would be pretty cool but most likely an utter failure.

Strange that the man currently leading this poll, hasn't been linked anywhere in the press, as far as I know.

Something for JW to consider.

Hasn't been linked by the press and completely off the radar are 2 very different things though. I suspect JW's list is a bit different from ours. Bilic has a job to do and may have asked for any interest to be kept very quiet.

The basis for hope on Bilic is he has recently said he wants to manage in the Premier League- I don't think he said anything about when.

If you look at the EPL managerial merry-go-round. Rovers is the only one outside the top 4 likely to fall vacant before the season starts and as he is an ex-Toffee and Abramovich hasn't rung yet, the two probable Top 4 vacancies aren't open to him either.

Mancini has already been passed by by Abramovich so if he is looking for a job paying E2m+ this summer, then Rovers is on a very small list, particularly if Turkey, Greece, Russia or the Ukraine don't appeal.

Besides which it appears that Advocaat might be willing to pass up E10m a year to have a go at managing in the Prem so who knows what the individual motivations could be.

Good points Philip

I'm sticking with Bilic being wary of some of the other names either having failed recently or useless (BFS, McClaren), perceived to be 'stepping down' (Mancini, Laudrup), inexperienced (Ince, Shearer).

Go back to Dalglish. A man who had an excellent pedigree, but also something to prove.

Croatia looked horrible over the weekend. Croatia beat England in the Euro qualifiers, but, I hate to say it becuase I'll get hanged around here, but that doesn't mean all that much these days. Not convinced that Bilic is anything special.

Mancini lol, we're not chelsea. It would be some kind of miracle if he became our manager. We'd have pretend we're actually called manchester united or something. The only way i'd let shearer in our setup is if he was assistant to someone more experienced. I have to admit though a Shearer/Newell combination would be pretty cool but most likely an utter failure.

Mancini for me 2 ! I shouted for him last week... I think he'd look quite smart in a Rovers' scarf on the Ewood Pk. sideline.

:rolleyes:

Shearer still very much in the frame.

LT

I'm smelling a rat with the LT's Shearer cheerleading. Even I have no doubt he'd create the biggest buzz about the town (i.e. the most papers sold) but there are many supporters with doubts as to whether he'd bring success. I think that Shearer is the best manager from the LT's point of view - I'm convinced he's the not best from the club's.

Has to be Ten Cate for me and Shearer second in line.

It has to be said that considering the likes of Advocaat is strange. He is on a huge wage in Russia and not only that his team next season will be playing Champions League football again with a probable large transfer budget.

Has to be Ten Cate for me and Shearer second in line.

It has to be said that considering the likes of Advocaat is strange. He is on a huge wage in Russia and not only that his team next season will be playing Champions League football again with a probable large transfer budget.

I reckon that for Big Dick we'd be a foot in the door as it were, rather like we were for MH (no bitterness, there - that's just football). A couple of seasons working wonders with little Rovers and walk into the next big-bucks job that crops up.

A couple of seasons working wonders with little Rovers and walk into the next big-bucks job that crops up.
I haven't got a problem with that. There are a few possible scenarios...

a)Everything goes pearshaped and he leaves or is sacked - Could happen with anyone

b)He does well, enough to be poached by a "bigger club". Leaves us on the crest of a wave, in a good position to get someone else in to continue with the job.

c)He does brilliantly, and gets us into the Champions league - In this instance, why would he leave? More transfer money? He's already doing well enough. More experience? What more is there to do.

It's a win win - The only downside is if he flops, but that could happen whatever we do, and by getting someone with a view to them moving on reduces the chance of this. If he has meidocre success, such as Hughes did, we move on and look for someone to build on the decent foundations.

I haven't got a problem with that. There are a few possible scenarios...

a)Everything goes pearshaped and he leaves or is sacked - Could happen with anyone

b)He does well, enough to be poached by a "bigger club". Leaves us on the crest of a wave, in a good position to get someone else in to continue with the job.

c)He does brilliantly, and gets us into the Champions league - In this instance, why would he leave? More transfer money? He's already doing well enough. More experience? What more is there to do.

It's a win win - The only downside is if he flops, but that could happen whatever we do, and by getting someone with a view to them moving on reduces the chance of this. If he has meidocre success, such as Hughes did, we move on and look for someone to build on the decent foundations.

Absolutely. I've no problem whatsoever with our club boosting an ambitious manager's career with a few years' success.

A weird effect of misguided loyalty on here is evidenced by unknown quantity Shearer being up there with proper managers Ten Cate and Bilic. :rolleyes:

A bit like saying that Simon Garner was one of our best ever strikers. :rolleyes:

Simon Garner for manager, thats my vote

:brfc:

I wont speculate on who we get now, but if we lose 2/3 stars, get a few serious injuries to a few more, get off to a bad start and end up in the relegation place at Christmas we'll all wish it was Sam Allardyce. :brfc:

And what if it already is Allardyce?

Archived