BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager Poll.

Your choice?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice as the next rovers manager.

• Shearer
    • Bilic
    • Ince
    • Pearce
    • Allardyce
    • McClaren
    • Mancini
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Advocaat
    • Avram Grant
    • Henk Ten Cate
    • Steve Coppell
    • Strachan
    • Berg
    • Houllier
    • Our saviour - Lee Grooby.

And what if it already is Allardyce?

Then we will lose our best players and be bottom by Christmas! :blink: 'There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza' . :rolleyes:

Actually depends on the 'players union' at Ewood and how many barrack room lawyers are in the squad. IF it is Allardyce and IF the players dont feel all sorry for themselves but unite and pull together in the same direction as the manager a few people might be suprised.

I'm not sure about Newell Stu. He did OK at Luton but never really did exceptionally. He's also a bit of a controversial character now and may be classed as too high risk. Either way I don;t think he's any better than Ince or Martinez apart from his ex-rovers connection.

Hughes' track record ain't any better than Newell's. He's never won anything, fair enough he built up a good team on a shoestring (not forgetting we lost games we simply shouldn't!) but now Tacky Shindigger has shown him the wallet he's talking £200,000 p/w for Ronaldinho. I think Hughes is on a slippery slope at City. Back to the point tho, Newell hasn't had chance at making his mark. I say go for it. As mentioned in other posts, if they do take a chance on someone and it goes tits up, back against the wall staring at relegation we'd wish Big Sam was there.

Its clear from todays reports (weds) the club have spoken with candidates. Ex’s seem to be being rejected, Allardyce, McClaren.

Shearer seems to be saying no. The reason apparently it’s not the right place to start his career. Surely a euphemism for “I want a big transfer kitty before I start”. If this was the case, Shearer would present a triple risk, an untested hig spender with doubts about his loyalty to the club.

Ince meanwhile is stalling on Leicester. having lived on breadcrumbs and done well, his desire is for the Ewood hot seat. Ince’s track record is excpetional considering.

As Oliver Holt said - it’s a no brainer and it appears aside of Henning Berg, or maybe Laudrap or Advocaat, it’ll be Ince come who’ll be running around Brockall on Monday morning.

I note Bilic still tops the poll.

Does Nicko's news that a decision will not happen for over a week indicate we are waiting for Croatia to exit Euro 08?

If BFS or MacClaren was the man, they'd be unveiled before the weekend.

Ince is clearly up for it (c.f. my post on Nicko's thread) & has only just got back off holiday.

I wont speculate on who we get now, but if we lose 2/3 stars, get a few serious injuries to a few more, get off to a bad start and end up in the relegation place at Christmas we'll all wish it was Sam Allardyce. :brfc:

Similarly hiring Shearer, if we keep our stars, manage to keep the squad fit and end up in the relegation places at Xmas many of those clamouring for him now would be saying that they knew it was a bad appointment, should never have hired a bloke with no experience. :D

It is fun, the difference in viewpoints and opinions of who our boss should be and why. So many different ideas of what we need. Too bad mine are the only ones that are right.

As for Shearer, I agree with the person(s) who posted regarding Shearers fear of failure. I too think the man is brickin it and could not have his ego handle flunking. Hence I think he will opt for the comfort and safety of the pundits chair and allow all the speculation to keep him in the spotlight.

Archived