BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next Then?

den

Next manager?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. With the withdrawal of Alan Shearer, who's your first choice now?

• Bilic
    • Ince
    • Allardyce
    • McClaren
    • Mancini
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Advocaat
    • Henk Ten Cate
    • Berg
    • Dark Horse - Grooby
    • Martinez

I've wanted Bilic since the start, their performance so far against the Germans just reinforces that. I really don't think it will be him though, it doesn't sound like we're interested from some reason.

Yeah but to be honest we don't have players anywhere near the technicality of the Croats...nor would I like us to start diving and playacting.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's this Dark Horse Grooby. then?

With those three names he sounds like a Scandinavian.

Up to press he is on a par with Martinez and way in front of McLaren.

He may be worth appointing to take us onwards and upwards. :rolleyes:

Which sounds best...."Henk ten Cate's blue and white army" or

"Dark Horse Grooby's blue and white army"?

Seriously, though, I just hope we can persuade the egg flip man to come to us.

I think if Nicko said that Myra Hindley should be our next manager she'd soon top the polls.

Has he? I must buy the Mirror tomorrow.

The Swansea Manager, BFFS, Henk Ten Jobs, The Guv'nor, McClown and Myra Hindley - we really can't go wrong can we?

Is there really any point in including Laudrup, Bilic, Advocaat or Mancini in the poll? None of them have been linked with the club and most are either too high profile, on too high wages and have no association with the club.

It's interesting that Allardyce has only 5 from 116 votes. I reckon that would be higher though if those dreaming of a high profile manager are re-distributed.

Is there really any point in including Laudrup, Bilic, Advocaat or Mancini in the poll? None of them have been linked with the club and most are either too high profile, on too high wages and have no association with the club.

It's interesting that Allardyce has only 5 from 116 votes. I reckon that would be higher though if those dreaming of a high profile manager are re-distributed.

I think we should look for a stabilizing factor in a manager right now. The team is shaken and some seem to want away, we need some quick stability with a proven manager in the English game, preferebly Premier League.

Laudrup- there has been one press report in a less than reliable source that he applied

Bilic- gave a pre-Euro08, post-Hughes interview which said he wants to manage in the EPL and when asked about England answered in depth and criticised Capello for resurrecting Beckham and not playing Bentley whom he says he has a very high regard for (these were the only players mentioned). Also has made sure that his approx £130K a year wage on his new extended Coatia contract to 2010 got publicised.

Advocaat is stalling on signing his new 10m Euros a year contract at Zenit (yes he would be the highest paid manager). Has talked to the press recentluy about his wish to manage in the EPL and that he was interviewed foir the Rovers job when Hughes was giben it. Unlikely one but there you have it.

Mancini, I think there have been one or two links mentioning his name when the press hace speculated about who hAs applied.

Yes, around 6 votes I'd say, for your vote or an incorrect mouse click or a bug in the poll...

We need him like a hole in the head !

I reckon at least 4 of the votes for BFS are Winkers or Geordies having a laugh

:rover:

Alan Shearer turned BRFC down waggy .........

....... again.....

:rover: i thought shearer was asked if he WANTED TO GO ON THE SHORTLIST not asked if he wanted the job,i've been in brum all week,maybe the bbc gave a different quote off BIG AL up here :brfcsmilie:

:rover:

[ :rover: i thought shearer was asked if he WANTED TO GO ON THE SHORTLIST not asked if he wanted the job,i've been in brum all week,maybe the bbc gave a different quote off BIG AL up here :brfcsmilie:

It's a long story, Waggy, but basically summed up by post #7222 on the Nicko Thread:

nicko sorry if you've already told us, but this thread is so long and its hard to check back..

What was the exact reasons why Shearer wouldnt join? I remember you saying you'd reveal all yesterday.

Very relieved he didnt join BTW, was dead against the idea from the start...

Nicko replied:

During the talks it became obvious that Shearer and his advisers wanted too many clauses and demands - all different kinds - and they put a few backs up.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but the areas that caused problems included his media work, possible merchandising deals and the inevitable compensation issues if someone else came on for him.

Funny, because it reminded me of when he was a player and spoke to both Blackburn and Man U when he was leaving Southampton.

At the time I was close to Fergie - now that WAS a long time ago - and by chance spoke to him minutes after Shearer said 'no.' He was raging and ripped into him, saying his '****ing agent' just wanted to talk about clauses and his NEXT move.

Sir Furious didn't like that at all. Shearer has changed agents since, but he is apparently still the same animal.

Apparently, Mike Newell, who was to be Shearer's sidekick, had already started to look at transfers so you will understand the talks had gone some way and once it was clear that Shearer was not going to accept an offer the Rovers had to reconsider the situation and look at the short list all over again. Hence the Manager situation not being resolved as soon as had been hoped. Think that's about it but hopefully if there's anything else I'm sure someone will post about it.

Thank heavens for small mercies!!! Lets hope Fat Sam & McClown take up other jobs too and soon!

Apparently it isn't. Cate is holidaying in Barbados currently and is expected to head this way soon for an interview with Rovers. Something dodgy going on in Greece (just for a change) apparently it's not unusual for things to be announced when they are not actually happening.........

Archived