BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next Then?

den

Next manager?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. With the withdrawal of Alan Shearer, who's your first choice now?

• Bilic
    • Ince
    • Allardyce
    • McClaren
    • Mancini
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Advocaat
    • Henk Ten Cate
    • Berg
    • Dark Horse - Grooby
    • Martinez

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm sure if Ooijer cannot get in our team we could hoodwink him into thinking we are, well, good.

I'm not really sure how high his stock is, it seems rare guys go straight into international management and then go straight on to a massive club, I can think only of Klinsmann who has done such a thing.

If it's good football we want, he would be worth asking. Though that seems to be our problem, we seem (from the outside) reluctant to float around and sell the job, and only seem willing to interview the deadwood who set themselves upon us.

:rover:

:rover: i thought shearer was asked if he WANTED TO GO ON THE SHORTLIST not asked if he wanted the job,i've been in brum all week,maybe the bbc gave a different quote off BIG AL up here :brfcsmilie:

Perhaps he discovered his media contract was more water tight than he thought.....

Accyrover

For me now it has to be Michael Laudrup. Well experienced. Similar age to Hughes and to me he ticks all the boxes. As well as being a very handsome man. but that is not clouding my judgement.!

If Rovers board are serious about trying to enhance their image at home and probably equally importantly abroad then Micheal Laudrup has got to be the man for me who takes Rovers forward.

re: Image of the club,

Not a big fat Sam,

or a cheeky mouthy cockney,

or a big bully boy Surnamise Amsterdammer.

For sexy, quality, possitively excellent football...it has to be Laudrup.

Arte et labore

Got to be Ince, really. He says that he is up for it, has flattered the club with his comments, and brings the 'youth and experience' factor that served Mark Hughes so well. He knows the game, has the profile to attract ambitious players and will add to the media interest in the club.

Too many of the other candidates are looking for a job - Big Sam, McLaren etc. Ince does not need to move to feed his bank balance and could have his pick of clubs with more potential, media-speak for bigger crowds.

Ince might re-kindle some interest in the 'nay-sayers', those just dying to stick the boot into McLaren, Allardyce and those 'untrustworthy, here-today, gone-tomorrow' johnny foreigner types.

Ince knows what he is going to and is fresh. The others are mainly also-rans who happened to get lucky once.

Got to be Ince, really. He says that he is up for it, has flattered the club with his comments, and brings the 'youth and experience' factor that served Mark Hughes so well. He knows the game, has the profile to attract ambitious players and will add to the media interest in the club.

Too many of the other candidates are looking for a job - Big Sam, McLaren etc. Ince does not need to move to feed his bank balance and could have his pick of clubs with more potential, media-speak for bigger crowds.

Ince might re-kindle some interest in the 'nay-sayers', those just dying to stick the boot into McLaren, Allardyce and those 'untrustworthy, here-today, gone-tomorrow' johnny foreigner types.

Ince knows what he is going to and is fresh. The others are mainly also-rans who happened to get lucky once.

"Untrustworthy,here today,gone tomerrow,Johnny foreigner types" Paul Ince summed up in a sentance.Ince would stay 2 years then off for the City job when Hughes gets off to OT,or any other job that was on offer.Ince has (Please dont use that word again) written all over his face.Ince hates Blackburn Rovers.

Most of this is right

The thought of McClaren makes me feel sick with rage. I just hope Mr Williams has something special to pull out of his hat it was bad enough watching England under this clown never mind the Rovers.

Here's an interesting hypothetical question for everyone:

Would you rather have Allardyce/McLaren with £30 million to spend or Laudrup/Bilic with £10 million to spend.

I'm not even sure myself.

Billic with 10m to spend easily

Archived