BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2008/09 Fixtures

Just realised that the season is going to finish on 24th May with the FA Cup final on 30th May, never known a season to finish so late, in fact the FA Cup final could be after the Champions League Final which is usually towards the end of May.

That was the first thing I noticed. What's the World Cup qualifying schedule next summer?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just realised that the season is going to finish on 24th May with the FA Cup final on 30th May, never known a season to finish so late, in fact the FA Cup final could be after the Champions League Final which is usually towards the end of May.

Yeah; first thing I noticed too. (see Chas above) Anyone know the reason for this? It can't be just the New Year's schedule.

Yeah; first thing I noticed too. (see Chas above) Anyone know the reason for this? It can't be just the New Year's schedule.

Well the season looks to be going on for a extra 2 weeks to me.

Firstly the season is starting a week later than last season due to Euro 2008, then there are no games over the new years period when there is usually at least one sometimes two games.

Theres also no major tournament next summer so im guessing thats why.

Well the season looks to be going on for a extra 2 weeks to me.

Firstly the season is starting a week later than last season due to Euro 2008, then there are no games over the new years period when there is usually at least one sometimes two games.

Theres also no major tournament next summer so im guessing thats why.

This year is the normal start time. We started things a week earlier last season because of Euro 2008.

Looking forward to the City game on the 28th Decemeber already, should be a jam packed Ewood to watch us stuff 'em. :tu:

Overall nicely spread out fixtures we don't play any big teams all at once or anything like that.

Just scanned the Rovers fixtures list and it struck me that:

1) unlike last season where fixtures were terribly placed for good attendances, this year's fixtures will drive up attendance simply by how they are scheduled. Getting all the big 4 at home before Christmas will boost the early average dramatically- City home on 28 December surely a sell-out- and the newly promoted teams are perfectly timed for big crowds; Hull's first away game (after they play Fulham at home), Stoke 20 December will bring a lot on traditionally the worst day of the season and Baggies our last home game could be dramatic.

2) on the other hand, if we are not doing well, attendances could drop alarmingly in the second half of the season as there are fewer big headline clubs visiting then.

Also from Christmas on, we play all of the remaining top 10/ European Challengers though – including Tottenham, Everton, Villa, Pompey, Newcastle, West Ham and also local derby’s with Bolton, Man City & Wigan

Also - anyone know when Everton tickets will be on sale? Cant wait!

Also from Christmas on, we play all of the remaining top 10/ European Challengers though – including Tottenham, Everton, Villa, Pompey, Newcastle, West Ham and also local derby’s with Bolton, Man City & Wigan

Also - anyone know when Everton tickets will be on sale? Cant wait!

~3 weeks before the kick-off as usual I expect.

Goodison's one of the trips I'd earmarked before the fixtures came out. Doubly so now it's the first game.

The one fixture I was looking out for was Stoke away - another new ground to go to. There was only one weekend in the whole season that I was busy (friend's wedding - who books a wedding in the middle of the season??!) and guess what the two match up. So annoyed - looked into missing the wedding but apparently that isn't acceptable :angry2:

Man Utd at home always seems to be a 5.15.

Yup..gives their "fans" a chance to get nicely bevvied up on our northern ale and wreck the Darwen End again!

Archived