BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Logo

I emailed him the link there earlier on today, this is what he has had to say:

Hi

thanks for your email. The 1875 could easily be incorporated into my logo design. From looking at your comments you are all obviously very passionate about your club, which is great. I do however feel that the logo is in need of a redesign from its current form, maybe a spring clean as it were. But I understand your attachment to it!

Thanks again for your email

Steve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't change your badge, it's great. We "modernised" our badge a few years ago and it's bobbins - only surpassed by that sad monstrosity at Fulham.

Did anyone ask him how he came to pick Rovers?

I didnt actually but i think he picked it as he thought it needed an update...which is kind of true. Still love our crest though.

And wasnt the Villa crest created by some six year old?

The yellow/gold lettering on the blue circle on our badge doesn't go great, imo.

However, a badge is just a badge and changing it for corporate purposes is uncalled for. I suspect the argument may be made sometime in the future, if this club every trys to develop its brand (and gets a glitzy Rovers Megastore...), but right now we are little ol' Blackburn and we don't need to worry about our badge representing "contemporary chic".

However, the academy's derivative logo, of the bud, is a bit crap. :rover:

Wigan have changed their logo. Does not look good. They had an oldschool one like us which had some effort and meaning embedded within it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wigan_a...c_new_badge.png

They've had that badge before, they seem to flit between the crest of Wigan, and that one every so often.

For example on this kit http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/...hirt-s2080.html

I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of a change to the badge. The kit changes slightly every year so why not he badge too from time to time? We don't really have a traditonal 'coat of arms' save for the worthy image of a red rose in there somewhere (being Lancashire's greatest club I think that's a must).

If there was to be ever a change then the designer's effort at the top is a very good starting place. It's got the blue and white halves theme, and a red rose, which is really all we need.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of a change to the badge. The kit changes slightly every year so why not he badge too from time to time? We don't really have a traditonal 'coat of arms' save for the worthy image of a red rose in there somewhere (being Lancashire's greatest club I think that's a must).

If there was to be ever a change then the designer's effort at the top is a very good starting place. It's got the blue and white halves theme, and a red rose, which is really all we need.

GTF you clown!

and GTF to the clown who started this thread!

Its not a good idea if you have a tattoo of the badge on your arm or leg. If the badge keeps changing you could be covered in badges by the time you are laid to rest.

I can't believe that people are suggesting we change our club badge :blink: . We have in my opinion the best club badge around. The mock up looks really girly <_< .

Agreed, I love our club badge the mock up doesn't even have 1875 on which was mentioned earlier is a must.

I can't believe that people are suggesting we change our club badge :blink: . We have in my opinion the best club badge around. The mock up looks really girly <_< .

nobody is saying that!!

I just created this thread to show that i found this redesign on the web. if we were to redesign the crest, i think its a good job.

Archived