BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince ?

Would you be happy with an Ince appointment  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Paul Ince ?

• First Choice
    • Happy
    • Time will tell
    • Joining the NO to Ince Facebook
    • Rather have Grooby

I agree, there seems a genuine feeling with Brad that Ince is the right man at this time. Brad is very well respected amongst his team mates, so if Big Brad is on board, I think the rest of the changing room will follow.

Spot on. Now we can start to lay some of this $ROVERS_PLAYER to $OTHER_CLUB cobblers to rest.

C'mon Sky - get into the Paraguay camp and get a similar glowing message from Roque!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rubbish poll. I haven't completed it..... I need to select a choice between underwhelmed and dejected.

A lot will depend on his initial interviews [assuming he gets the job]. I wasn't in favour of Ince, but JW must have seen something in him, otherwise there's no way he would have been appointed.

First choice for me, and has been since it became obvious Hughes had got cheesed off.

Obviously there's a risk but there's no such thing as safe in footy.

I think there's a good chance that in 3 years time we will have a cup in the trophy cabinet, a couple of good Euro runs under our belt and Ince will be off to OT while the Taffia have joined BFS and the rest in scrabbling for jobs.

Oh, and I think we'll be a lot better to watch.

A lot will depend on his initial interviews [assuming he gets the job]. I wasn't in favour of Ince, but JW must have seen something in him, otherwise there's no way he would have been appointed.

I'm certainly more in favour of Ince than McClaren or BFS. Also the players (if Friedel is someone to go by)

seem positive about his possible transaction

A gamble, but I'd prefer to take that gamble rather than get stuck with Allardyce or McClaren.

Just wondering how friendly he is with Giggs and Scholes, should they decide to leave Manure.

I have a few areas of concern on Ince, but we have a good chairman who has not let us down in the past - must of really impressed in his interview.

Bit petty to pre-judge him as a manager at this stage. Let's see how he does, will be very interesting.

He's a good appointment IMO. He has the name and he has proven success at a lower level and is coming to a club that (club shop aside !!!) generally gets things right. We're in for a far more interesting season than we would have been in for were either of the other two front runners appointed.

Hey everyone, my first post! May be my last if Ince doesnt get the job!

I think he will eventually do well, and hes at a good club as we wont sack him if we finish mid table like some teams do. Would be intersting to see who he buys/sells and his tactics. Hope he gets off to a good start- first 3 games and no points it wont be looking good.....

I'm a little confused about this. Before we made the approach had we actually interviewed him? Or are we now only going to interview him properly for the first time?

If it is the latter then there is quite a way to go before he is appointed. He isn't a shoo-in, he won't know things like our budget etc. JW might not be convinced by him. So we could still go back out into the market.

If it is him I would say he is probably the most exciting British choice available. I just don't know enough about him as a manager to make a proper judgement though.

My gut feeling is that he will be good at refocussing the players, encouraging most to stay, reinvigorating training and team spirit. On the other hand I am not so sure about a realistic portfolio of transfer targets and his tactics.

But we shall see.

I'm happy with Ince - obviously i'd like us to go for Bilic/Laudrup etc but they were probably out of our league.

Out of the realistic options Ince was my 1st choice. He is a winner, and i'm sure he'll have the desire to prove something.

BFS or McClaren would've both been moving to 'smaller' jobs than they have held previously (and failed at). I think it was George Graham that said he never signed players than were taking a step down to play for him, because they thought they were doing you a favour and had nothing to prove.

So I hope everyone gets behind Ince and we continue the good work Hughes started.

(also it would be great if Incey could pull in a few favours from his old pals Giggs/Scholes!)

voted Time will tell.

would have voted happy if i knew someone experienced will be joining him, as director of football or in the backroom staff

IMO a having a director of football and a manager adds up to "too many cooks".

I want my club to be one man, one vote. If Paul Ince is the man, then his vote is the one vote.

Edit: with you on the backroom staff, though

As Ince has little experience do you think he will have as much pulling power as Hughes did? You could argue that Hughes was a legend, not sure if Ince was. Good to see we've gone british unlike the rest :rolleyes:

Ask any ManUre fan who knows what they're talking about (yes they do exist) and they'll tell you he's a legend.

I'm highly disappointed, but I went time will tell. Its not a decisions that would make me give up on Rovers, but I have no confidence that he's got the ability to coach and manage permiership players. I can see him pulling a 'gov'nor' strop and losing the plot. I don't have any confidence that he understands buying/selling players at the prem level, and given our lack of budget, that was my #1 concern going in.

The more I think about it, that facebook option is looking mroe appealing, but like MArtin before I'd have rather an option between "time will tell" and "facebook group"

Archived