BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what nicko made of the Darren Lewis article slating the Rovers board and chairman for not having rushed to give the job to Ince. That we were win-nothing rovers and who did we think we were taking our time over appointing a new manager...Real Madrid...Chelsea.

would he have been at wolves the same time as kightley? Its not like appointing a proper lower league manager i.e. keith alexander who has no experience of working with top draw players, i'm quite sure ince will have his sights set suitably high enough not buying old friends and lower league shockers i.e. chopras, kings, kamaras, bairds, healys, jeromes of the world to name a few. Counter argument would be it did'nt stop Roy keane, but that is countered by the fact u simply buy whoever is wiling to live in sunderland when u have that job!

I wonder what nicko made of the Darren Lewis article slating the Rovers board and chairman for not having rushed to give the job to Ince. That we were win-nothing rovers and who did we think we were taking our time over appointing a new manager...Real Madrid...Chelsea.

I thought it was surprising. I know Darren wants his pal to get the job - we've all pushed our pals for posts at times - but the tone was odd.

If he is in hourly contact with Incey maybe the potential gaffer was having a panic-up.

Or maybe he was just sweating on his story coming right.

Strange all the same.

I don't remember telling Burnley to appoint Coyley... ;)

So how many of RFWs ex United players will be managing in the premier next season?

Ince - Blackburn??

Bruce - Wigan

Hughes - Man City

Keane - Sunderland

Hope we won't be looking for a new manager in a couple of season's time, not with our recent record of appointing ex United (presuming Ince gets it) Phil Neville as manager anyone??!!!!

Hmm... Ince is an interesting choice. A 50/50 one, a bit like what Hughes was though.

A story you might be able to use Nicko...(although not a very big one) heard Hull City have upped their bid for Peter Halmosi to £1.8 million plus a player (thought to be either Michael Bridges or Ryan France).

I think a swap is in the air.

So how many of RFWs ex United players will be managing in the premier next season?

Ince - Blackburn??

Bruce - Wigan

Hughes - Man City

Keane - Sunderland

Hope we won't be looking for a new manager in a couple of season's time, not with our recent record of appointing ex United (presuming Ince gets it) Phil Neville as manager anyone??!!!!

Maybe beckham

Laudrup has nothing to prove. He has already managed a team with limited resources at the top level. He left cause he wanted a lot of money to spend. He won't get that here.

Incey has it all to prove. He was probably more hungry for the job. You can tell when interviewing people whether they really want it for their career or if it is just to be employed.

I imagine desire was a major factor in the decision.

I can't imagine Laudrup being enthused about joining us, on the other hand I think Ince would be delighted and very determined to do well.

Nicko, they mentioned on talksport earlier that United are interested in Santa Cruz (no secret) but would maybe send Saha in the opposite direction to try & seal the deal. Heard anything on that? That would be hardly a good deal on our part with his injury history? Great company for Steven Reid mind you in the rehabilitation room!

I'm actually shocked that the board would decide on Ince over Laudrup and I hope we don't regret this decision. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Ince's appointment at all, but Laudrup did a great job with Getafe and was one of the world's best players in the 90's.

Nicko, they mentioned on talksport earlier that United are interested in Santa Cruz (no secret) but would maybe send Saha in the opposite direction to try & seal the deal. Heard anything on that? That would be hardly a good deal on our part with his injury history? Great company for Steven Reid mind you in the rehabilitation room!

Still hope Cruz will stay!Billy big head can pi$$ off!hope he gets benched and loses his England place!

Whoever the new boss is he has a big summer ahead of him. New winger needed center mid and prob

a new defender if ooijer goes!

I left any reference to Laudrup out. Surprised they sneaked that visit under the radar - congratulations all round - and also surprised he seems to have been overlooked.

Not by everone LINK

I believe Paul picked up on the Nationality clue but not the name - :rolleyes:

Not by everone LINK

I believe Paul picked up on the Nationality clue but not the name - :rolleyes:

Am now very, very. very confused. But welcome back Nicko. Oh and can we have Laudrup pretty please Mr Williams? To add to the fact that he's a good manager he's also pretty. More eye-candy is always good ;)

I thought it was surprising. I know Darren wants his pal to get the job - we've all pushed our pals for posts at times - but the tone was odd.

If he is in hourly contact with Incey maybe the potential gaffer was having a panic-up.

Or maybe he was just sweating on his story coming right.

Strange all the same.

I don't remember telling Burnley to appoint Coyley... ;)

It´s a bit worrying if he is Ince´s pal and those are his thoughts about Rovers. Maybe behind the platitudes Ince thinks the same and that we are just a little club and should be damn grateful to have him.

Very strange attack and rather unfair. Not much of a way to get JW to hurry up by just slagging off the club.

It doesn´t reflect well on Darren Lewis.

Just catching up on what's been happening over the last couple of hours, welcome back Nicko you have been missed even if it was for only a few hours although the mods have been very busy in that time.

On the Ince subject there are Prem chairman who can't complain about it, Boro, the toon and Chelsea have had managers who have not completed coaching courses when they took a managerial post.

SSN are reporting that Ronaldo wants to leave Utd to go to Real Madrid, they are saying that Ronaldo spoke to Guillem Balague (sp) and Ronaldo told him he had played his last game in the Pemier League, I bet RFW is hitting the whiskey right about now. :D

Firstly, good to see nicko back.

Secondly, I had a few snippets today:

a) Definitely not big sam.

B ) New manager set to be unveiled at lunchtime tomorrow (today now?).

c) Person who said that thought it was Laudrup, plus, one other person potentially in the know, also wanted to put money on Laudrup but betting was suspended.

Would prefer Ince marginally myself, and not read what nicko's said, but am treating the above with the usual healthy dose of salt.

Laudrup would just leave in a year when we dont give him as much of a transfer kitty as he needs. Ince is used to a tiny budget and apparently he has changed so i am willing to give him a chance. At least he has lost the massive ego he had back in the day. I am still in the "time will tell" camp but I hope for some positive football, even if we do end up in the bottom half. Besides, thats what every manager tries to promote but many don't have the players. I like to think we do (maybe some improvements in some areas) but only time will tell.

Welcome back nicko, hopefully the members will stop bickering and blaming for now! It was madness today but the traffic for the site must have gone up ten folds! Lets all get along and support the common cause :rover::brfc::tu:

sorry but i dunno if this has been asked before..

how would this affect tugay ? didnt he sign to the coaching team ?

To be honest I think we've seen the last game Tugay will be a part of, might get a coaching position but no longer premiership quality.

To be honest I think we've seen the last game Tugay will be a part of, might get a coaching position but no longer premiership quality.

yea i meant wil he still be on the coaching staff or will ince bring his own coaches ? i presume he will still be part of the staff just wanted to make sure

I can't imagine Laudrup being enthused about joining us, on the other hand I think Ince would be delighted and very determined to do well.

Judging by his comments about BRFC in the past, anfd the comments of his tame gopher in the Mirror I would put my money on the exact opposite regarding his 'enthusiasm' to manage us. He quite obviously holds NO respect for BRFC as a club.... I wonder if he can tell us the last time that we won the FA Cup or better still name our club chairman through the 1990's? I'm sure that he's shallow and views us as simply the second / third rung in his career ladder

Archived