Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It Apears To Be A 2 Horse Race

Ince V Laudrup  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ince
    • Laudrup
    • Neither

Either way lets hope its sorted over the weekend then we can try and attract some decent players to replace those who think they are bigger than the club.

Laudrup will know first hand the qualities of many spanish La Liga players,and he will be known and likely admired by them. Paul Ince likewise but with Div 4 and conference types. :rolleyes:

Taxi for Mr Ince!.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it; JW travelled to Switzerland just to talk to Michael Laudrup. This was just a couple of days ago. He (JW) surely knew that Ince would take the job in a heartbeat if offered, so why talk to Laudrup if Ince was first choice? The more I think about it the more I feel that JW has Laudrup down as our number one choice!

I'm sure JW will offer the job to Laudrup, while playing the waiting game on Paul Ince. Its always about making the man you appoint feel like he was always the favorite to get the job!

I voted fro Laudrup over Ince. Although I would not be dissapointed if Ince got the job I just think Laudrup experience would make him a better choice.

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I voted for Laudrup. They're both very similar in terms of age and experience, as has been said earlier. I just feel that Laudrup has the bigger "name" in football. Also, he's available now, without much wrangling and would certainly show that we have ambitions to push on, where Ince doesnt quite send the same message out, in my opinion.

Although, from reading what Nicko has had to report and from various news sources, it looks like it's going to be Ince. I sincerely hope its a smoke screen and Laudrup will be standing on the hallowed turf at Ewood with a big grin and a blue and white shirt in hand come Monday.

Anyone considered Laudrup with Ince as assistant?

No, at least I haven't. I think that when going for an assistant (Other than the usual of a manager bringing his team with him a la Hughes/Bowen) you either want a club legend to shore up popularity and so that the management has a connection with the club, and potentially groom him for taking over. Or you want an accomplished, experienced assistant to back up a talented but inexperienced manager.

I just don't see what an Ince/Laudrup combo would bring us that having just one of them wouldn't. And I don't think Ince would be up for an assistant job at this stage, and quite rightly so. Unless he tanks spectacularly in this upcoming season he will be on the shortlist for every Premiership or top Championship vacancy.

I was warming up to Ince when it looked certain we were getting him, although it does bother me that he hasn't seemed interested in the coaching badges. But Laudrup would be fantastic IMO. Either way, I'm glad it's not Brolly or BFS.

Ince is a thicko with a big mouth and an extremely large ego, why Rovers are even considering him beggers belief when you've got an articulate highly intelligent rival with a greater mnagerial CV to beat him hands down.

If Ince ends up with the job with no qualifications then for me its too high a risk to take - sack the board.

Ince is a thicko with a big mouth and an extremely large ego, why Rovers are even considering him beggers belief when you've got an articulate highly intelligent rival with a greater mnagerial CV to beat him hands down.

If Ince ends up with the job with no qualifications then for me its too high a risk to take - sack the board.

Are you in the Oakdale Nursing home with Jim?

What do they put in your Oatmeal that makes you both so cranky?

Are you in the Oakdale Nursing home with Jim?

What do they put in your Oatmeal that makes you both so cranky?

I'm anti-Ince pro Laudrup!

Dont think Ince has the mental capacity, comes across as another Souness to me, big cockney ego based on aggression not much else in his armoury once you've gone past these two attributes.

I'm in two minds.

Laudrup - If we play like he used to then it's a great way for this club to play football and will be very entertaining for fans of football. His name will attract big named players just as Mark Hughes did and hopefully he might be able to make Mokoena into the next Maradona. The Mokodona.

Ince - I win approx. £8 if he gets appointed.

Well, at least we've found a positive argument for his appointment at last. :)

Regarding Laudrup, apparently his teams do play excellent football...apparently pace is a big factor in his teams, something which would be nice to see in ours.

I'm in two minds.

Laudrup - If we play like he used to then it's a great way for this club to play football and will be very entertaining for fans of football. His name will attract big named players just as Mark Hughes did and hopefully he might be able to make Mokoena into the next Maradona. The Mokodona.

lol

its a tough choice for sure.

Beats me too especially when Michael Laudrups even more articulate, intelligent etc than Big Sam! :D

Archived