275 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ince
    • Laudrup
    • Neither

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should it even be considered a 2 horse race? im gobsmacked to think,that people would even consider Ince over Laudrup.There should be just one clear winner here,and thats the Laudrup.

We have the perfect manager for the job wanting to come to Rovers, the best we could probably hope for given we can't attract a Mourinho and we go for a man who has only managed in the fourth tier of English football.

I don't even care about the clauses, if he wants the option of leaving in a couple of years so be it, if the massive Ince gamble doesnt pay off he'll be off much sooner I should imagine.

I am loosing the thread of this thread. Is Laudrup a posssibility still ?. Some of the posts seem to suggest he was interested and we turned hom down for Ince. Need to know. Undergoing a rollercoaster of emotions. Just got over reading McClaren has a job elsewhere ( the elation not the dissapointment )

I am loosing the thread of this thread. Is Laudrup a posssibility still ?. Some of the posts seem to suggest he was interested and we turned hom down for Ince. Need to know. Undergoing a rollercoaster of emotions. Just got over reading McClaren has a job elsewhere ( the elation not the dissapointment )

Technically Laudrup is still a possibility as he wants to come and Ince hasnt been confirmed.

But JW prefers Ince, for some reason best known to himself...

How do You know ?

It seems that Micheal Laudrup has asked for clauses to be put into his contract just in case a bigger club comes knocking on his door which seems to have gone against the boards wishes thus Ince leads the race for the Ewood hotseat.

For me i'd employ Laudrup for two years while Ince gets his necessary qualifications then after this period Ince gets the chance of the Ewood Park hotseat providing Laudrup sees his future elsewhere.

That's all conjecture that you are wording to sound like fact.

We only know that Laudrup asked for those clauses when going to Greece, we have no idea if he has asked for or would want similar clauses in a contract at Rovers.

We have no idea who JW prefers. Personally it seems to me like the time it is taking, despite Rovers having permission to speak to Ince, perfectly fits into Rovers very seriously looking at Laudrup after the Tuesday meeting.

Having said that, I just have a gut feeling that Ince will get it.

That's all conjecture that you are wording to sound like fact.

We only know that Laudrup asked for those clauses when going to Greece, we have no idea if he has asked for or would want similar clauses in a contract at Rovers.

We have no idea who JW prefers. Personally it seems to me like the time it is taking, despite Rovers having permission to speak to Ince, perfectly fits into Rovers very seriously looking at Laudrup after the Tuesday meeting.

Having said that, I just have a gut feeling that Ince will get it.

Yes, thats how i see it, it isnt fact agree, but then what other reason is there for Rovers not to appoint Micheal Laudrup before Paul Ince i cant see any other reason can you.

I've joined and invited as many Rovers fans as I could find on my friends list. Sadly I fear this group (and the poll indicating Laudrup as the popular choice) may well be too little, too late.

Rovers are in a bind now, because if they don't appoint Ince after all the hype, Darren Lewis et al are more than likely going to start shouting 'iz it coz ee iz black, innit?' from their tabloid soapboxes (I'm aiming for a satirical Ali G slant on this and in am in no way being racist, thankfully I know that you're all tuned in and witty individuals who would get this reference :) )

If we don't get Laudrup, I will be happy enough with Ince, but I'd rather not have known ML was such a strong candidate at this stage if he isn't going to get it.

I suppose for JW it comes down to 'Laudrup is qualified and a proven success at a high level, but the question is, is he hungry for it?'

Ince is definitely hungry for something, but I fear it's not got an awful lot to do with us...

My quote from the Laudrup facebook thread. Felt it fit better in here. Sorry for the X posting.

If laudrup comes,brings in 5 brilliant players,and leaves after 2 years,then we would be in a good position stil.laudrup brings in good players,ince brings 5 macclesfield and 5 mk dons players,with a burnley keeper.

It seems that Micheal Laudrup has asked for clauses to be put into his contract just in case a bigger club comes knocking on his door which seems to have gone against the boards wishes thus Ince leads the race for the Ewood hotseat.

I can't understand how any clauses make a difference.

If a big club comes knocking for one of our managers they will leave. Managers aren't like players, they'll just go if a better offer comes along. Just ask Mark Hughes.

If we're refusing to take Laudrup because of a clause then we're mental. He'd have to do excellent work to get the attention of top clubs, so the only way he could leave us to go to one is by taking us in to an excellent position.

..except we've heard from nicko that JW has decided on Ince and is just wanting to make sure we get approval from the other chairmen.

Where is the option about not minding either just relieved it isn't BFS or McClaren?

Any manager we appoint is a gamble. Whoever comes in, if they do badly fans will just say that we should have had the other one!

Just want to know who it is now!

Looks to me like Laudrup was playing hard ball and wasnt sure if he wanted.

As soon as it was announced that we were set to appoint Ince, his agent came out saying how much he wanted the job. Seems like he lacks the desire to manage us - maybe that is what the board are toying with??

I can't understand how any clauses make a difference.

If a big club comes knocking for one of our managers they will leave. Managers aren't like players, they'll just go if a better offer comes along. Just ask Mark Hughes.

If we're refusing to take Laudrup because of a clause then we're mental. He'd have to do excellent work to get the attention of top clubs, so the only way he could leave us to go to one is by taking us in to an excellent position.

Couldnt agree more LeChuck.

Premier League give green light for Ince to take over as new Blackburn manager

I think its gonna be Ince, but I think its a big mistake turning Laudrup down. He's already a big name, and it would be great for a club like Blackburn to get him.

Honestly cant see how JW could prefer Ince. Based on what ?

Still hoping....

:rover:

Yep ! with you all the way brfc4ever.

Instead of scouting and doing business for the club he'll be studying, absolutely brilliant.

I know afns shouldn't get the sway over certain footballing issues but imo this is one we should get a large vote in.

Ince may become a decent manager, but with the proven record and sway of Laudrup he is the clear choice for me and the majority of fans.

Michael Laudrup's Blue and White Army!

Archived