Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It Apears To Be A 2 Horse Race

Ince V Laudrup  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ince
    • Laudrup
    • Neither

The Allardyce scenario is exactly why the fans should have no say.

Easily one of the top three candidates had to be ruled out due to silly beggars and their disturbig hatred of a man what was, in reality, no real reason other than the fact he's fat and ugly and managed Bolton.

If we employ Ince, I could see us just as likely getting relegated as we could get into europe (Ie, unpredictable). There is only one of those scenarios possible with Allardyce, and it aint the first!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Allardyce scenario is exactly why the fans should have no say.

Easily one of the top three candidates had to be ruled out due to silly beggars and their disturbig hatred of a man what was, in reality, no real reason other than the fact he's fat and ugly and managed Bolton.If we employ Ince, I could see us just as likely getting relegated as we could get into europe (Ie, unpredictable). There is only one of those scenarios possible with Allardyce, and it aint the first!

Fat no more! Allardyce was studio pundit for tonights 1/4 final and the opinion of me and Mrs Drog he appears to have lost a lot of weight.

...the fact he's fat and ugly and managed Bolton.

I thought those were three pretty good reasons actually... :rolleyes:

On a serious note however, his [alleged] murky dealings, personality bypass, BORING and CLASSLESS style of play and thinking Joey 'Unrelenting Sociopath' Barton is 'a good egg really' did it for me.

Not getting relegated wasn't enough for me to want him as our boss. There are a lot of teams in the league far worse than us, regardless of who gets the job - we'd stay up. I'd rather see someone get it who would try and get the most out of the talent that our players have than send them back to the dark ages.

Took Allardyce a good few seasons to assemble a team of truly detestable players who were best suited to his hoofing tactics. I'd rather be labelled 'shin-kickers' or 'Blackeye Rovers' before being considered the team filled with the most 'b'stards.

The thing that always gets me when people go on about Allardyces style of play is the fact that our hero and saviour, Mark Hughes, played some dour and negative football through chunky periods of his reign.

The thing that always gets me when people go on about Allardyces style of play is the fact that our hero and saviour, Mark Hughes, played some dour and negative football through chunky periods of his reign.

Mark Hughes was/is a pragmatist. He did what he had to in order to stave off relegation. Job done we played some good stuff.

Agree, lets see if we finish 7th next season. Awful, negative football, I was ashamed - we should maybe get more Brazilians to Ewood - what do you reckon Ray Mathias has got up his sleeve?

More pass and move coaching drills.... frankly, some of the football we witnessed was a joke after spending so much money.

You are relatively amusing sometimes with your stand up comedy comments, but then again maybe put your head in a cold bucket of water for a reality check.

Here's the major differece:

Hughes played negative when we didnt have creative players or when we were in a relegation battle.

BFS seems to play negatively even if he has creative players at his disposal or is doing good in the league......

Agree, lets see if we finish 7th next season. Awful, negative football, I was ashamed - we should maybe get more Brazilians to Ewood - what do you reckon Ray Mathias has got up his sleeve?

More pass and move coaching drills.... frankly, some of the football we witnessed was a joke after spending so much money.

You are relatively amusing sometimes with your stand up comedy comments, but then again maybe put your head in a cold bucket of water for a reality check.

You've got the wrong end of the stick John. I liked Hughes, had no problem with him, and wish he had stayed. However, I didn't think the football was particularly entertaining, but it got us the results we needed to make the season entertaining enough purely by league postion and prospects.

I'm just wondering why it was okay for Hughes to get us results playing boring football, but when Allardyce does it he is christened the Devils' lovechild with Kerry Katona around here.

Allardyce got Bolton closer to the Champions League than Hughes ever did with us, and to me that is more exciting than playing sexy, but midtable, football.

You've got the wrong end of the stick John. I liked Hughes, had no problem with him, and wish he had stayed. However, I didn't think the football was particularly entertaining, but it got us the results we needed to make the season entertaining enough purely by league postion and prospects.

I'm just wondering why it was okay for Hughes to get us results playing boring football, but when Allardyce does it he is christened the Devils' lovechild with Kerry Katona around here.

Allardyce got Bolton closer to the Champions League than Hughes ever did with us, and to me that is more exciting than playing sexy, but midtable, football.

You two are splitting hairs between two highly successful, hard working, forward thinking and meticulous managers given the very limited resources at their disposal. Hughes and Allardyce were a lot more similar in their approach than people like to think.

Archived