BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

What's important to Rovers is to get someone who has had experience of coaching methods at the top level. Hughes had this and Ince has too.

JW must be confident that Ince will continue to build on the foundations which have been laid by the previous management. Only time will tell if he is up to the job.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, some individuals on here are so set in their ways with the anti-ince campaign that they will want him to fail (top fans eh?)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for people slagging us of for being anti Ince its just my opinion and some other peoples we are still fans just fans of the team and not Ince.
If you're a fan of the team surely you'd be getting a season ticket no matter what?

You will disagree Dunn but REAL fans stick by their club through thick and thin.

When there is bad times or when their are good times - real fans are their to witness it all.

This is a bad time - we have appointed a new manager who has a desire to succeed, yet you see it as an excuse not to buy a ST. Until Ince does bad, how can you say you wont be buying one, simply based one tha fact that we have appointed him? Why? Is it coz he is black??

I opted for Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment.

After the mention of people like Bilic & Laudrup I can't help be a little dissapointed at the appointment at Ince. Obviously we've got to give the guy time before making a proper judgement. Then again when Hughes was appointed I wasn't totally convinced then but he turned out okay.

One thing that the MK Dons chairman just said on SSN was that Ince achieved his success playing "High-tempo attacking football".

At least we should have some entertaining games next season then. Just hope we're not on the end of some 5-3 drubbings!

Never liked him as a player but am prepared to get behind him now. I can see the logic of the appointment as he may be another Mark Hughes and its a forward thinking move which I am quite happy with. His big challenge will be to keep what is a decent squad together while bringing in the 3 or 4 players who can make the difference. Assuming we lose bentley and get the money to spend he should have a chance of improving things.

Look on the bright side everyone, its not BFS or the Umbrella Man.

As for people slagging us of for being anti Ince its just my opinion and some other peoples we are still fans just fans of the team and not Ince.

A fan who won't be getting a season ticket then? I'm ok that you have your opinion on Ince even if you express it in an unbalanced manner but don't give me that 'I'm still a fan' but won't go down to Ewood garbage.

I'm quite happy. It's a brave appointment but he must have made an impression on the board/JW. The UEFA pro argument is a flimsy one. He'll get his badges, but first and foremost he is our manager, the coaches do all the training. Hopefully he will bring in an experienced, dedicated backroom staff to do all the leg work, and he'll come in when needed to motivate the players and keep them on their toes. That is the main gist of modern day managers. I know lads with their UEFA Pro licence who could walk into Ewood Park tomorrow more qualified than Ince, but they'd not be able to moitivate any of the players. It's becoming the norm at top level football that the manager is a figurehead who rules the roost. Fergie and Queiroz, Grant and Ten Cate (Rijkaard too apparently) are a couple I can think of. When we won the league Ray Harford did all the coaching, Dalglish used to turn up at training to get a game, but everyone knew who was in charge.

As long as Ince brings in quality to help him, has a good contact book, a souting system, and hopefully has some plans for our youth system we'll be fine.

What's with everyone that thinks all he'll do now that he's here is sign various MK Dons players and that's it? Did Mark Hughes only sign players from the Welsh national team? I would expect Ince to know that it takes a different quality of player to play in League 2 as it does the Premiership.

Guys first and foremost PAUL INCE is our manager, lets back him to the hilt!

Please stop comparing it to Hughes appointment, we are far better off than when he took over and I feel we have a right to be disappointed. Laudrup was by far my preference, but it has not come to fruition move on. Ince has to build on what we have achieved and his aim this year is simply Europe, MGP, RSC etc will not hang around if we are not there next year!

Have just seen Warnock on SSN and I think he's a little surprised as well, his it may be too soon comment says it all. I can't wait to see what he says on Tuesday, he supposedly has a plan, and I do want an explanation for his non-attendance issue.

All I can say is I'm disappointed honestly feel we could have done better, I want to Hear Ince say that he's gonna bring in Coaches with European experience and pedigree, we should not be dropping our targets just because a new man is in charge. I also want him to sort out our youth system, we have produced no premiership quality players for a while and this is how our future will be maintained!

40% and 60% win records at Macclesfield and MK Dons respectively, good Italian contacts, so its not all bad.

Welcome to the club Paul all the best you have my support, and backing, my last words to you are simple make me eat them!!!!

Just read back from page one of this lot and there is allot of mixed feeling.

My personal tick went in the completely underwhelmed box. You can say whatever you like but thats how I am feeling. There is just a thought of 'meh' about it all with me.

My thoughts are:-

IF - He can make the rest of the players (I appreciate 'I owe you lot nothing' Bentley is doing one) stay then we still have a top half squad.

IF - He uses the Bentley money (assuming of course he is allowed all of it) wisely and also doesn't buy a load of durdge from the lower leagues

IF - He has a real look at our squad and improves on the areas where we need people - lets face it we need another striker like a hole in the head

Then I dont think he can go far wrong. Lets face it when Hughes first took over we were in deep trouble. At the moment the team that Ince is picking up is a top half one.

Time will tell and I always give Rovers my full support but all this week all I could wonder is couldnt we just ask Fat Sam back down - and I dont like him either.

IF - He uses the Bentley money (assuming of course he is allowed all of it) wisely and also doesn't buy a load of durdge from the lower leagues

And of course Cocker if Ince isn't given the funds from any potential Billy bighead Bentley sale then lower league players may well be our only option.

Archived